Review of Nova 10 Quad Core A31 10.1 inch Android 4.2 Tablet PC

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Last time, we’ve ever introduced to you an A31 quad core tablet from ICOO- ICOU10GT. Through the video demo and benchmark test, we’ve already seen the power of A31. However, it is not the only 10.1 inch tablet equipped with that muscle processor, the number of quad core tablets is growing. Today, I’ll show you another quad core tablet PC, also a 10.1 inch tab, the Nova 10.

First, let’s have a look at the brief specs.

CPUAllwinner A31 1.2GHz
GPUPowerVR SGX 544MP
Operating systemAndroid 4.2
RAM2GB
ROM16GB
Screen size10.1 inch capacitive touch screen(wide view angle)
Screen resolution1280*800
CameraDual camera ,front 0.3MP rear 2.0MP
HDMI1080P
Dimensions266*176.6*9.9mm
Net weight568g

Then, it is the appearance combined with pictures.

The Nova 10 comes with a charger, USB cable and English manual.

The front of Nova 10, the white frame makes it look clean and fresh.

The back of Nova 10, the metal-like surface makes the Nova 10 feels so cool. And the round corner and matte finish offer this tablet a feeling of future, it match its name-Nova.
Additionally, we can find that it built-in a stereo speaker system. It must be wonderful for watching movie and playing games.

Front 0.3MP camera locates above the screen.

Rear camera with 2.0MP.

Volume button and power button.

I/O: 3.5mm earphone port, Micro SD card slot, Mini HDMI port, Micro USB/OTG port, 2.5mm DC input(5V,2A).

We are very curious about what’s inside the Nova 10, so we take off the back shell of it…
Let’s have a look at its interior structure.

We can see the battery takes over a half space of the inside. It is a long stand-by battery with a capacity of 8000mAh.

The main processor is Allwinner’s A31, it is much smaller than some other processors. Thanks for the new 28nm processing, they can put a quad core unit and PowerVR SGX544MP into such a smaller chip.

Get more closer to the CPU, on the right side and down side are 8 Hynix 256MB RAM flash chips. Locates in the left side are two 8GB fast nand flash.

The wifi module and antenna. Nova 10 equipped with a Realtek RTL8188 network chip.

The AXP221 power control processor and touch control unit.

Stereo speaker systems and back camera.

Above is the appearance and interior of Nova 10, then it is the unboxing video and demonstration on it.
Next, let’s see the UI screen shot.

Desktop and apps drawer

Wifi connection status, states Nova 10 compatible with 802.11n 150Mbps.

System info states its still an Android 4.1 tablet, when it is available for shipping, it can be updated to the latest Android 4.2, that only uses on Nexus 4 and Nexus 10.
Then, we do some specific benchmark test on Nova 10.

Antutu test result exceed 12000, the highest single test aspect is the 3D graphics performance, reach to 4599, it all benefits of PowerVR SGX544MP. Embedded with 8 cores, much stronger than Mali-400MP.

Vellamo HTML5 test score, the result means Nova 10 can handle the new webpage technology.

NenaMark2 test, a result of 53 FPS is enough for large 3D games.
Now it’s time to check the ordinary use of it.
Completely compatible with Google Play, easy for users to download their favorite apps.

Webpage browsing, zoom in and zoom out operation without any delay.

Video playing, support the next generation high definition video standard-4K video. Makes Nova 10 never out of fashion.

Nova 10 is a quad core tablet so that big games certainly is no big matter for it. Here, let’s test some games on it.

Crazy Kartoon.

Temple Run.

These three games have require high performance tablets to play. Nova 10 can smoothly run them. Through these three games, we know that the Gyro-sensor, multi-touch screen is good and react fast. 10.1 inch screen is designed for better visual experience.
According to the above test and using, we can make a conclusion that Nova 10 as a quad core tablet, can fulfill most needs of us. Especially, its 10.1 inch screen with wide view angle (equal to IPS screen) and 1280*800 resolution can give you an exciting feeling when watching movies or playing games. We have reasons to believe Nova 10 is fit for you.

For more information, please follow up this thread or click here for more specifications about Nova 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
McBub.com

Can you provide me with details, is this item in stock?
Can you provide me the manufacturers website or what is the recovery an OEM of for flash or upgrade ROM?
You say 4.2 will come, what website will offer 4.2 for this android tablet?
I am a developer for many devices, If I order from you what makes it different then just dealing with another vendor like pandawill or spemall

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Yes, Can you please provide the manufacturers information, I accidently soft bricked my device by attempting to alter the build.prop and resotring build.prop via adb didnt help, so i need the stock manufacturer firmware to flash via pheonixsuit. I also purchased this tablet from mcbub, and have not recieved a reply from customer service regarding this issue.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I'm going to start posting here once a day everyDAY you have to answer soon enough right... haha

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
this is what they replied to me on the other forums tabletrepublic.com/forum/cortex-a7-allwinner-a31/disassembly-review-new-quda-core-a31-10-1-inch-tablet-pc-nova-10-a-3457.html

The manufacturer of this tablet is the cooperate factory of Ampe. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has no website for the firmware download. We will make a download link once we get the original firmware of it.

I guess ill have to fill in a paypal dispute as my tablet bricked from simply using it a few hours and installing some root apps, when the tablet comes rooted stock. This way I can get a new tablet asap, as I need a working tablet asap

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
this is what they replied to me on the other forums tabletrepublic.com/forum/cortex-a7-allwinner-a31/disassembly-review-new-quda-core-a31-10-1-inch-tablet-pc-nova-10-a-3457.html

The manufacturer of this tablet is the cooperate factory of Ampe. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has no website for the firmware download. We will make a download link once we get the original firmware of it.

I guess ill have to fill in a paypal dispute as my tablet bricked from simply using it a few hours and installing some root apps, when the tablet comes rooted stock. This way I can get a new tablet asap, as I need a working tablet asap

Keep us posted right here in this thread? I really want to know what I've bought now...

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Don't know how true it is but my " inside " sources tell me that the tablet is not ampe, but a Sanei, upon looking it seems they may be the same company, if that's the case they also make ainols tablets most of the time.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011

Looks oh so familar!

Ampe A10 Flagship quad core All winner A31 CPU eight core GPU android 4.1 4.2 PC - New Arrival - Product Catalog - HK COTECH android WIFI 3G GPS cell phone android 4.0 tablet PC PAD, original unlock Blackberry Wholeseller manufacturer

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Before my tablet stopped booting up all the way, I checked the wallpapers built in, and they had a bunch of ampe branded wallpapers.

So ye the nova looks like a test run of the ampe a10 a31 tablet.

Mcbub!! please contact ampe and get them to give you the firmware for us

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Excellent let's see if they meet this deadline

Sent from my ELF-II using Tapatalk HD