Review of Nova 10 Quad Core A31 10.1 inch Android 4.2 Tablet PC

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Tik tok times out on the 12hour self imposed deadline...

But that's OK as long as they still upload it soon.

Sent from my ELF-II using Tapatalk HD

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Also if you are a developer, you should start up some threads on xda, xda has a serious lack of discussions for chinese branded tablets, have to resort to using these websites and other small forums

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Also if you are a developer, you should start up some threads on xda, xda has a serious lack of discussions for chinese branded tablets, have to resort to using these websites and other small forums

I used to dev for some devices at XDA I still maintain a HTC phone project there, XDA is awesome but its time for some other sites to get exclusive developers and as of right now my NOVA 10 project is sponsored in whole by this very site, so I wont be taking this one to XDA.

Question about the firmware, is that your DropBox or McBubs because using PhenoixUSB in emulation mode this image looks just like the onda one did you test it?

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
This is mcBubs drop box, I didnt use their software, I used pheonix suite. 1.04 i got from the onday v972 firmware tablets, its a lot cleaner method and the drivers get installed automatically when you install pheonix suite

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
And I tried flashing the onda image onto my tablet all i got was a black screen, so onda has different screen drivers then this tablet

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
And I tried flashing the onda image onto my tablet all i got was a black screen, so onda has different screen drivers then this tablet

Haha It was my mistake!!! loaded wrong image I've been awake for 37hours coding a project for work, forums only thing keeping me sane...

I should be able to unpack and repack this image pretty easily as it looks like it has the standard "IMAGEWTY" headers the standard A10/A13 tools should now apply to A31 I'm also looking at a MSDN version of win 8 go, trying to figure out how the device is supported for this too... as if this is possible I will do my best to make grub boot-loader work great and have dual boot android 4.X or Win7/8! Also if win8 is supported its only a matter of days, weeks until i get my hands on this thing then as a proud contributor to the actual linux 3 kernel I will be more then happy to attempt a port of Fedora or Debian to the tablet over time.

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Oh great, looking forward to watching your work, I tried linuxonandroid through chroot on this tablet, but it doesnt work, something in the kernel doesn't support it, the tablet comes pre-rooted just without superuser, but installing it from the play store works.

If you can port a dualboot for linux for this tablet, that will be awesome

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Haha It was my mistake!!! loaded wrong image I've been awake for 37hours coding a project for work, forums only thing keeping me sane...
Oh and the image I flashed for the onda wasnt from here or uploaded by you, if thats what you meant. But ye it still gave me a black screen, with backlight on, so onda and nova use different screen drivers

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Sorry, the manufacturer has no official website, we have the firmware image of this tablet, the download link is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyybsg01adxe99o/Nova_10_firmware_V1.0_4.1.1_2013011501.rar
Once the manufacturer releases the 4.2 firmware, we will upload it and share the download link here.
McBub.com

Can you provide me with details, is this item in stock?
Can you provide me the manufacturers website or what is the recovery an OEM of for flash or upgrade ROM?
You say 4.2 will come, what website will offer 4.2 for this android tablet?
I am a developer for many devices, If I order from you what makes it different then just dealing with another vendor like pandawill or spemall

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Here is a blog about the firmware update, it includes the firmware download link.
Yes, Can you please provide the manufacturers information, I accidently soft bricked my device by attempting to alter the build.prop and resotring build.prop via adb didnt help, so i need the stock manufacturer firmware to flash via pheonixsuit. I also purchased this tablet from mcbub, and have not recieved a reply from customer service regarding this issue.