Review of the Sony S Tablet.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
How many posts do you need to start a thread on the Table Review forum???:confused:

Review of Sony S Tablet

• I ordered the tablet on Oct 25 from digitalBargains, through Amazon and received it Nov 2.
  • The first thing you notice is that it does not look like any other tablet on the market. It is thicker on top so that when you hold it in the portrait position most of the weight is on the one side and it is less strenuous for reading. What might appear as a marketing ploy actually has ergonomic value. This also allows room for the USB port and SD slot.
  • Charged it before use and set up was a breeze.
  • Battery life is listed as 6-7 hours. I used it for 3 3/2 hrs general use and the battery was still at ½ power. It has 16 G of storage and 1 gig RAM. It weighs exactly the same as an iPad2.
  • It starts up very quick and is very easy to navigate.
  • Connecting to the internet is very quick and the processor seems even faster then my laptop.
  • I am not sure how good audio and video are supposed to be on a tablet but both are very good here. The speakers are better then the ones in my laptop.
  • It has a GPS, which I didn’t even know about until I printed out the User Guide. It zoomed right in on my current location.
  • As with other devices you can rotate and stretch the screen. It is capacitive touch.
  • Setting up your email is pretty much automatic. You can sync it to your PC account and do not have to use webmail.
  • Rear facing camera is 5 mp. DLNA automatically synced with the TV so I should be able to swipe pictures directly to the set. Oh, and it has a universal remote that works well too.
  • If Play Station is high on your list of reasons to want this device, you will be disappointed. It comes with a pinball game, which works very well, and Crash Bandicoot, which doesn’t. The Play Station Store only has about 10 games you can purchase for it.
  • The on-screen keyboard is really neat and changes depending on it’s function.
  • One of the reasons I was interested in the Sony S Tablet is that I already have a Sony ereader. The tablet has a large enough screen that you can turn it to landscape and have 2 pages at once on the screen. Turning the pages is a breeze.
  • This gets a 5 star rating as it has exceeded my expectations.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Quick amendment to the review. The Crash Bandicoot PS game does work fine. I just did not know what button to push. :)