[Review] Sanei N10 3G GPS

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
We have received our first batch of N10 3G's! Just spent the whole of yesterday playing with it, very productive I know! Here’s our review...
Spec
Model
Sanei N10
Operating System
Android 4.0.4
Display
10.1 inch 1280* 800, IPS Capacitance, 10 points touch
Resolution
1280*800 pixels
CPU
Dual-core 1.2GHz
GPU
Adreno 203
RAM
768MB DDR3
ROM
4GB (+ Free 16GB SD Card)
Camera
Dual Camera (Front Camera 2.0mg/Back camera 2.0mg)
WiFi
IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
3G
SIM Card slot (full 2G/3G support)
Microphone
Yes
G-sensor
Yes
Bluetooth
Bluetooth 2.1
HDMI
2160 P (3840 x 2160 resolution)
GPS
Yes
Flash
Flash 11
Android Market
Yes
3D Gaming
Yes
Connectivity
To PC
via USB (Micro Type B)
To 3G Dongle
Insert SIM Card or connect dongle via USB OTG to Micro USB
To HD Device
via HDMI Mini
To External Storage
via USB (Micro Type B)
Power
Battery
7000mah/3.7V Polymer Battery
Working Time
About 4 Hours
Power Device
AC Adapter
Appearance
Colour
White
Dimensions
266.6 * 176.6 * 9.3mm
Net Weight
560g
Additional Info
Ports
1 x DC In
1 x Micro SD Card Slot
1 x Earphone Jack
1 x HDMI Mini Slot
1 x Micro USB (Type B)
1 x SIM Card Slot
What's in the box
1 x Tablet PC
1 x AC Charger (seperate)
1 x Micro USB Cable (Type B)
1 x OTG Cable (Micro Type B)
1 x User Manual
1 x Earphone
1 x Micro SD Card (16GB)

The tablet is identical to the normal N10 deluxe and the Ampe A10 (who also do a 3G version), apart from the downgraded built-in storage which is actually around 3GB once you consider the pre-installed stuff and formatting. That’s the first annoying thing, the others are:

• changing the theme takes all your apps from the desktop and restores a default desktop for that theme (but that’s an OS thing).
  • iplayer and skygo still don't work (but thats common to all 4.1's)
  • the processor isn't strong enough to run 3D GPS navigation software like Sygic
  • youtube fails to load most videos and we needed to install an earlier version of the app

The good points; its great not having to remember, connect or wait for a dongle to give you internet. The 3G sim seems to pick up almost instantly and connect. CoPilot works great, without wifi or 3G turned on, although even on this 2D nav zooming and manipulating the map is slow and frustrating.

Its a good first attempt at a 3G GPS tablet from China, but the new functionality needs stronger hardware to run it, unless you have the patience of a saint. The tablet is £10-£15 more expensive than any other tablet we sell of similar spec (minus the 3G and GPS), the original Sanei n10 is only £135 with us!

However, in the real world we think people are unlikely to really use the stuttery GPS; a tablet would look ridiculous mounted to the windscreen of a car and equally stupid if you hold it walking around to navigate, so this function is most likely reserved for those journeys with passengers where the time delays and loading speeds aren’t such a concern.

If you want the most up-to-date high spec tablet from China available today then buy it, it’s one of the best around, but it’s like all new stuff; sometimes it’s worth waiting for the bugs to be weaned out.

SANEI N10 10.1 IPS INCH DUAL CORE 1.2GHz ANDROID 4.0 TABLET PC 3G GPS - Android Tablet

PS please correct if we have made a mistake or missed anything

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
PS please correct if we have made a mistake or missed anything

It would be helpful to many members of the forum if you also listed your prices in USD. (I understand that would fluctuate with the exchange rates, so an approximate value could be listed.)

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
GPU is not mali. its Adreno 203.
It has 768 MB RAM. not 1 GB.
Video supports max of 720P. more than that, video players got hang.
Stock OTG cable seems un-responsive.
Battery backup is more than average.

GPU + RAM updated thanks

We did think that the tablet might struggle with outputting 2160p given that it can sometimes run a little sluggish.

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
Where do you find an old youtube version that works with the Sanei N10?

We uploaded our one here: http://www.mediafire.com/?j806q6c360o0qcn

So you just download it, then transfer it to your tablet and run it.

By SD card:
Save it to an SD card in your computer >>> then insert it in your tablet >>> go to file manager and find it >>> then run it (making sure you have permission to install apps from unknown sources)

By USB Cable:
Save it to the tablet directly via USB >>> find it by file manager >>> run the .apk file

Let us know how you get on

rajes.india

Oct 26, 2012
its been few weeks with the N10 3G, good so far...
few personal points,

stock launcher is very basic, used apex instead, which is simple, best and memory friendly.
Screen is impressive, as good as samsung galaxy series.
processing speed is OK..when doing multi tasking (not more than 2 or 3 apps), feeling a kind of lagging.
nothing to say about camera.
WIFI is kind of ok...
3G and calling features are best in class.
GSensor is little buggy.
3D games??? really?? with basic adreno?
Battery back up is best..getting 8 hours of backup in a normal usage like 1 hour or so for facebook, 1 hour of browsing, mail sync always, gaming then n there, reading books for sometime.
OTG is still a problem, could not found a way to plugin my USB drive other than copying it to the pc and transfer it back using micro usb.

apart from that, worth for money, happy to buy this product.

masking

Nov 9, 2012
Hello friends,
It's my first day with Sanei N10 3G version

My problem is when I inserted the SIM Card
It displays the GSM network symbol in the lower right corner
It receives calls (at least it rings)
But, I cannot access the internet. I don't even see the 3G indicator

Any suggestions ??
Thank you

Bolty

Jan 13, 2013
You say that this tablet has HDMI mini out... I can't see it on my unit, so how do I use HDMI out on the Sanei N10 3G GPS version. Is the port hiding somewhere on the tablet where I can't see it?? ;)

Ports
1 x DC In
1 x Micro SD Card Slot
1 x Earphone Jack
1 x HDMI Mini Slot
1 x Micro USB (Type B)
1 x SIM Card Slot

elf69

Sep 21, 2010
This tablet is great!

I bought one from didobuy via my work.

It has NO HDMI port!
My tablet is fast and Advanced Task Killer helps alot :)

My only issue is that it cannot see my WPA samsung smart hub so I cannot use the wifi DVD/CD drive.
It does connect to my other router with WEP.

I get a longish run time out of it with wifi on.
My orange sim works great but my Three sim will only do calls and txt. It's a Three issue NOT tablet issue!

Would highly recommend this tablet to others and I have to friends.

I have made quite few purchases from didobuy and they are great!
Keep up the good work guys :)