[Review] SuperPAD 1

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I have had my SuperPAD for about a month now and I absolutely love it. It is used every day and fully rooted so that I can do even more on it. Here are some pros and some cons.

Pros:
Portable
Easy to use
Very responsive
Not that slow actually
Good community backing
Easily opened and modified
Good processor

And some cons:
Not very well built
When it is overloaded, it is SLOW
Breaks easily
Could have better manufacturer support
Needs to have a better screen resolution

I will edit this as I go and add some more.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
YouTube works using the app and flash VIDEO works using skyfire but other than that no flash.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Ram: 256
Harddrive: 2gb
1ghz processor
10.1 screen
No flash
Android 2.1 (stock) 2.2 (upgrade)

kjcleck

Jun 16, 2011
I just got my Superpad from Amazon yesterday and am completely clueless. I tried to read all of the reviews and some forum entries before I ordered. I have two questions. First, how do I create an android marketplace account for this tablet? I kept getting the message that I don't have an android phone. Second, how do I upgrade to 2.2? I anxiously await your definitive set of instructions for the Superpad to help us technologicaly challenged!!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Create a gmail account, go to market.Android.com and link it up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
Second, how do I upgrade to 2.2? I anxiously await your definitive set of instructions for the Superpad to help us technologicaly challenged!!

Please go the setup menu of your device, and tell us about your machine's firmware. If you just got it, it probably has 2.2 already. Probably also has 512 Mb (variant 2, or v2).

How many SD card slots do you have? If only one, yours is probably a Superpad II.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Had A Superpad for a month. Never did get it to work right, usually it wouldn't work at all. Trash.
Got my money back and bought a Nook Color, rooted, and loaded Clockwork & CM7.
Life is now wonderful..

liholdder

Jul 14, 2011
Basically, superpad is not so terrible as worthless as trash. Among major tablet PC on the market except several famous brands such as Xoom and Playbook, superpad boasts solid quality. It's a little pity about the Android OS, and it would be amazing if the tablet runs Android 2.3 or 3.0.

IOQS

Jul 22, 2011
I have to disagree, it's one of the worst out there. The SuperPad was one of the first tablets I bought. As stated above it's easy to break and takes forever to boot. Mine lasted about 3 months before it just completely crashed. I bought an ePad after that. It was lighter and more durable, but still slow when you had more than a few apps running. I will say however that 10.1" makes a difference playing Birds vs. the 7" versions

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
The cost of superpad is a big issue.

Hmm - not sure what you mean. Superpad II/Flytouch 3 sells for about $169 USD all over (mainly Chinese exporters.) That's the rock-bottom cheapest 10.1" tablet. Got mine with 16 gig internal SD card, keyboard/case & free DHL express shipping for $202.

M

metroman

Hi,
I have just bought a Superpad,no complaints or problems as yet. Okay on internet, you tube ok, don`t know about flash yet. Biggest problem I am having is how do you put `stuff` onto it from a flash drive, music etc. Thanks
Martin

log0008

Nov 22, 2011
thanks for the info guys, i was looking for these in the past but i decided agenst getting one!