[Review] Trio Stealth Pro 7C Internet Tablet

tiltrotor22

Jun 30, 2012
Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro 7C Internet Tablet - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 7" Multi-Touch, 1.2GHz Processor, 512MB DDR3, 4GB Storage, WiFi

I purchased this tablet from Tigerdirect.com a few days ago. The details said it came with access to Google Play but that wasnt the case when I got it.
I did however find a way to install apps on it and it works great. Video calling through Yahoo Messenger worked great with the built in Webcam.
All other Apps like Drawsomething, Facebook.. ect work great and fast.
Internet browsing is fast as well. I would have expected a tablet this good to be more that $99.00.
Once you figure out how to install Apps without Google Play it becomes an outstanding tablet for that price.
I recommend it.

andrew33g

Jul 6, 2012
So what/where did you download so that now you're able to download apps, like Facebook and Drawesomething? I've been searching around and have found a couple site but Facebook especially isnt downloading or working. This is for my wife who would like to use the FB app instead of going to the web link. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Goes

May 31, 2011
I got the Google play up and running, everything is working fine for me now except for Google talk and Netflix.

arbee

Jul 15, 2012
I was able to download from the link provided, however when I installed it, it asked me to replace the application which I accepted, however when I clicked install it didn't allow it and said "an existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed". I've very new to using a tablet, can you please give me directions on how to fix this problem. Also, how to I get google play to accept me. Thanks for any help.

Goes

May 31, 2011
I was able to download from the link provided, however when I installed it, it asked me to replace the application which I accepted, however when I clicked install it didn't allow it and said "an existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed". I've very new to using a tablet, can you please give me directions on how to fix this problem. Also, how to I get google play to accept me. Thanks for any help.
Download the linked file, use ADB to install it using your computer, then you will Google play working.https://www.dropbox.com/s/izqfn0qzf7o0ev6/polroot.zip

arbee

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks, I did that and installed it using my computer. Now when I go to google play and try to download an app, I get this message "You haven't accessed the google play store app (the white shopping bag app icon) on your device with this email account" I don't know what this is, I don't see it.... what am I missing?

Goes

May 31, 2011
You may have figured it out by now, in case you still did not, you may find the Google play icon, or the old Market icon, as soon as you log in your market app will be automatically updated to the latest version.

arbee

Jul 15, 2012
I need more help please. It is just not working. I have the google market app but when I click on it, it says Error - server error. and then shuts off. If I don't get that message, I get a message saying "Unfortunately, Market has stopped". Help!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2012
Download the linked file, use ADB to install it using your computer, then you will Google play working.https://www.dropbox.com/s/izqfn0qzf7o0ev6/polroot.zip

I followed the instructions in your post, and downloaded the polroot.zip file (the LiquidLimez package). ADB saw the device, so I ran the ROOTME.BAT just to make sure the device was rooted (it was,. It came that way). Then I ran the RUNME.BAT, and it seemed to go fine. However, after it had finished, and my tablet rebooted, I started getting tons of error messages. Plus, the Google Play app still crashed. Inf act, it seemed to crash faster than before... previously, it would at least show the start screen, now it's an immediate crash.

I can live without the Market, I guess, but now my tablet is a real pain to use.

I was wondering if there was a stock ROM to flash this thing back to? Or, a rooted ROM would be even better. This is a MID tablet, from what I can tell... With all of the bajillions of those sold, there has to be someone - a nice, wonderful, brilliant person, unlike me - who has really done it all on this tablet.

Or,i guess if not now, then there's sure to be some soon, since Newegg is selling these puppies for $69 each with free shipping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-dwt

Jul 21, 2012
UPDATE: I reran the RUNME.BAT script again, and now the tablet is just just on the ANDROID loading screen. Crap! Any ideas?

-dwt

Jul 21, 2012
UPDATE: Now it's bricked. So... some way to restore this would REALLY help. Any ideas? Anybody? Anybody? Buehler?

Sigh...

-dwt

Jul 21, 2012
UPDATE: Now it's bricked. So... some way to restore this would REALLY help. Any ideas? Anybody? Anybody? Buehler?

Sigh...

-dwt

So, a few more things to add: I suppose it's not technically an out-and-out brick - it starts to boot, and starts looping on the "ANDROID" logo. ADB can see and interact with it. It does NOT get so far as to show a share point on the PC.

I've heard one person on another forum say that it must be a re-badged AINOL Novo Advanced, as he had bricked his and brought it back with their firmware. With that in mind, I d/l'd the three different version of of the firmware for the Novo 7 Advanced. The problem, however, is that I can't get the firmware image to the tablet. Every instructional procedure I've seen says to either press the Power and either the Back or Menu buttons simultaneously, plug in the USB cable, then release. This doesn't work for me. I've tried Power and Back, Power and Vol +, Power and Vol -, and Power and Home button, all with the same effect: it goes into the Android logo loop. The only thing that causes something different to happen is pressing Power and Menu. Then it just shuts down and stays off, no matter how long I hold, or if I let go.

I've tried a recovery bat file that pushed some type of recovery image to the tablet, but then I'm supposed to press a key for a reboot and then unplug the USB cable... and it still goes into the Android logo loop.

I can probably get Newegg to take it back. They're pretty great about stuff like that. Plus, *I* didn't root it, it came that way, lol... truthfully, it seems like if they're going to sell something kind of sketchy like this, they probably expect some returns.

As before, any help is appreciated.

-dwt

Jul 21, 2012
I was able to get CM9 nightliy's working using the LY-F1 compatibility zip from this thread. [rom] Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 for many AllWinner A10 tablets - xda-developers make sure you have clockwork recovery before attempting to flash.

My problem is that I can't get any of the "Power-other button" combos to do anything. I have several rom files that I'd like to at least try, but no way to get the tablet to take them. Can you use ADB to push a rom to the tablet?

That's great about the CM mod! I'd love to try that. If only...

-dwt