[Review] Yuandao/Windows/Vido N90 FHD

urich

Nov 20, 2012
hey i have a few questions

1. Does it have Hebrew in the languege menu (עברית).
2. will it fit in ipad cases.
3. how does the screen compare with the IPAD retina display ( i guess it's the same panel but does the led backlight match the iPads quality).
4. will you recommend it for reading (scaned PDF files).
5. battery life.

thanks.

ckinoza

Nov 5, 2012
hey i have a few questions

1. Does it have Hebrew in the languege menu (עברית).
2. will it fit in ipad cases.
3. how does the screen compare with the IPAD retina display ( i guess it's the same panel but does the led backlight match the iPads quality).
4. will you recommend it for reading (scaned PDF files).
5. battery life.

thanks.

1. Yes! wehoooo =)
2. im not sure as i've not try it yet.. but i think comparing to the size it will be able to fit but the camera hole is different as the position of the camera is at different places.
3. the screen is quite good. i think it match but not at par yet.. but u get what u bargain for the price.. it is great.. im loving the screen. great screen i must say..
4. Yes! i've been reading some lecture notes and it's good.. sometimes i bring it to class.. =)
5. battery is quite impressive.. can last almost 1 day if u let it idle without doing anything much, 10-12 hours for light usage (googling, facebooking, twittering), 6-8 hours on heavy usage (movies, games, etc)..

hope these info will help u out.. =)

Thoemse

Nov 29, 2012
I got this tablet today and i have the folllwing problem: the touchscreen does not work in one corner. It means i have to rotate the pad if i wanna magnify my battery stats for example. Is this a hardware problem or could it be the firmware. I tead on another forum that an owner has a touchscreen bug but he did not mention what bug it was. I don't know if there is a newer firmware yet because i don't understand any chinese (yuandao homepage has firmware downloads). My kernel is dated 24.10.2012.

Any ideas or should i send it back?

Last edited:

ckinoza

Nov 5, 2012
I got this tablet today and i have the folllwing problem: the touchscreen does not work in one corner. It means i have to rotate the pad if i wanna magnify my battery stats for example. Is this a hardware problem or could it be the firmware. I tead on another forum that an owner has a touchscreen bug but he did not mention what bug it was. I don't know if there is a newer firmware yet because i don't understand any chinese (yuandao homepage has firmware downloads). My kernel is dated 24.10.2012.

Any ideas or should i send it back?

hrmm, maybe u can ask ur reseller?? right now i do not face touch screen problems yet.. just laggy issues that bothers me a bit..
i think u have the latest kernel as mine dated oct 9, 2012.. i will ask my supplier is there any firmware updates and will updates here as well..
as for now, maybe u can ask the retailers.. =)

Thoemse

Nov 29, 2012
hrmm, maybe u can ask ur reseller?? right now i do not face touch screen problems yet.. just laggy issues that bothers me a bit..
i think u have the latest kernel as mine dated oct 9, 2012.. i will ask my supplier is there any firmware updates and will updates here as well..
as for now, maybe u can ask the retailers.. =)
I bought it at efox shop. I allready found a newer firmware on the yuandao homepage but i can't get it flashed. When i shut my tablet down and press vol+ and power the pc installs the needed rk30 Device driver but the connection goes away after 4 seconds meaning i cannot flash the new firmware. :(

zattevrienden

Dec 5, 2012
Where did you find the firmware. The yuandao website is in chinese, somewhere a possibility to select an other language such as English? Is there an non-chinese documentation available?
Thank you.

harry_plotter

Mar 31, 2013
Hi, I got such a tablet 2 weeks ago, the screen is indeed fantastic, but now it doesn't boot, doesn't recharge. I found this same complaint in some comments, but no solution to the problem. Any idea what the problem is?
LE: I figured it out in the meantime, but still have some questions.
First, it froze. Resetting the tablet requires holding the power button for a really long time, which I hadn't expected.
Second, when it charges, it shows the battery. But in order to start, it seems that I have to shut it down again and start it again, rather that start it.
Would be interested in solutions to make it freeze less often.

Last edited: