Right forum?? wm8650 android tablet 2.2 os -NOVICE-help

gliderider1

Aug 14, 2012
wm8650 android tablet 2.2 os -NOVICE
Am I in the right forum for the WM8650 2.2 OS TABLET-not phone
Dont know how to use android os?
Step-by-step guide to setup my wm8650 tablet?
Where's the clock?
what do these symbols mean?
wheres the BACK button?h
ow do i change the size of the page-zoom-drag-select?
NOT a phone-only have WiFi-how to setup a wireless connection?
what to tap on?
How to connect?

thx​

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Yes, you are in the right forum. Welcome.

I'll try to help a bit. I may not be 100% as I installed a modified version of the operating system on mine, so some things are changed.

The back button is here: $buttons.jpg

For the wireless, you need to click on the "settings" icon:$screen.jpg then select "wireless and networks", then "wi-fi settings". Lots of members have had some issues depending on what type of security they have set up on their home routers, so maybe it would be easiest to go to a free public access point (Starbucks, McDonalds, library) for the first time so that you eliminate concerns about security affecting your connection. Now make sure that "network notification" is checked. Hopefully your first connection will work easily. If you have issues with security, do a search for wireless or wi-fi on the forum, you'll find lots of suggestions.

For your clock or any other installed program, click on the icon seen in the picture above that is in the column along the right side and looks like a lot of little squares (second from the top in that screenshot). That will show every program installed. Then touch and hold until it "grabs" it and the screen goes back to your main screen, and drag it over to where you want it, and then release.

When you say "what do these symbols mean" can you be more specific about which you are asking about?

For size of page, it depends. Do you have a resistive touch or capacitive touch screen? (resistive works on pressure, so a stylus works, capacitive needs either your finger or a special stylus that is conductive).

gliderider1

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks-but it would really help to have a How-to guide to learn Android OS 2.2, & not just tablet buttons. I know Windows-of course. But, surfing with Android is totally different.

My desktop has all these "apps." I don't know what most of them are. Is there a way to customize the appearance of my desktop?
Thanks

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
To change the appearance of your screen, grab any app by touching and holding. Once you do this, you can move it around on the screen or move it to one of the other screens, or drop in the trash if you don't want it on the screen any longer. Dropping in the trash doesn't delete it, to do that you have to uninstall the app.

gliderider1

Aug 14, 2012
THANKS!! started using stylus (or pen) instead of finger & it's MUCH better--DUH! Still trying to solve WIFI problems.