Ripping Videos from DVD to the Acer - Solved

omar_minshawi

Dec 9, 2011
tried using mobo but wouldn't read my usb. then tried using clear.fi and the native player. Could see the movie but no sound

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yes, mobo player will read the USB. Just point it at /mnt/usb_storage.

Set mobo to use soft decoding.
Clear. Fi is known to be very limited and buggy.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Its a simple checkbox. If it won't let you set it, its probably because you skipp. ed the codec download step

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
Foxreal DVD Ripper is also a professional DVD ripping tool, which can help you easily converting DVD discs, DVD ISO or Ifo image files to a wide range of video formats, Meanwhile, it supplies many different presets for different devices to make your operation much easier, like iPad 2/iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, Droid X, Motorola Xoom, Nook Color, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S, HTC EVO 4G, Asus transformer, Acer iconia, Archos 7/8 Home Tablet etc.

With it, you can also do some editing on your DVD movies, such as crop, trim, remove interlace, add water mark... really worth a try!

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
I just used Freemake Video Converter to export movies. They have a TO Android profile that you can edit. I set the max video size to half the A100's screen size 512x300.

-Bjy20716

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Any android Tablet will do all of those things and none of them require a stylus?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Any way to rip them so much will play in the built in movie player, not mobo?
What works in mobo does not work on my nexus one.
2.jpg

If you get DVD Catalyst 4 for Windows, it has profiles for dozens of different devices. I will rip to mp4 formats that play perfectly with the default player, and also profiles for the nexus.

Expecting a single rip to work well on devices as different as the Acer and the Nexus will probably lead to disappointment. But catalyst can simultaneously rip to two different profiles to create perfect matches for boh devices as separate files.

See Home of the best DVD & Video conversion tool on the planet | Tools4Movies. On sale right now for $10 bucks. I bought it and like it.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Already asked WORD FOR WORD identical above, and also answered immediately above your post.

I'm sure you signed up with two different addresses so you could post all those links again.
Please stop posting links in your massages that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

chad2104

Dec 4, 2011
Thank you Dan!
For people have issues with no sound on the A500, while playing the movie, there is a music note up top on the right handside of the screen. Click on it, it will drop down with 2 choices. Audio Track #1 and Audio Track #1(s/w). Change it to Audio Track #1(s/w) your sound should now work. It worked for me anywho!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: