Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet - Apad iRobot (Moonse E7001)

Apr 14, 2010
pemaspooked, yours shipped? you got lucky, i hope you get it soon. im still waiting on lifensihai, only reason im waiting aorund for it, is i won it for the original 198.00 price, but if it takes too long ill pay the extra $70

prismways

Apr 19, 2010
also, I hope the battery capacity really is 3000mah versus the 1800mah that Lifesheng was quoting for their tablet. This bumps up battery life to 5hrs vs 3hrs.

Answer to #1 is.......... RESISTIVE SCREEN. as stated by seller Doom29160

Quote:
Hi,
It's resistive.
Thanks for your visit.
- doom29160

I dont see any on Doom29160 ebay page. I only see the smartq?

It turns out this ebay seller has changed his ebay name to dukezhang. I chatted with him briefly online, he's an aspiring reseller that has access to the manufacturer.

prismways

Apr 19, 2010
Sorry about that. Here is the second link i ment to put up. Some nice pics showing it off here.

MIDFANS TPAD - MIDFANS > MIDFANS TPAD - Tablet PC

I was chatting with Henry from Midfan last night and I grilled him about his touch screen technology. He kept on saying that it is truly multi-touch and is a capacitive screen. Yet, I am skeptical as all the others are generally resistive because it is cheaper to manufacture them that way.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think having the right screen technology makes a huge difference in how it performs.

prismways

Apr 19, 2010
there seems to be a lot of sellers coming out of the woodwork on ebay selling these things.

I'm keeping an eye out for the right specs:

1) 3000mah battery capacity ~ 5hours
2) Capacitive multi touch screen
3) at least 4GB storage

other specs that I've seen but are not sure about:

- camera
- 3g (wary about this, as it generally needs a corresponding service to tie to)

I see that seller Fadachi is selling one with similar specs, and he is making a lot of listings, but his shipment fees are outrageous and still the product is unproven.

bpappin

Apr 15, 2010
I've been through that before. This is a reseller seeing something manufactured by another company... not an unreasonable thing on its own.

They often get word that they will receive their shipment of devices at a certain time, then its gets delayed for one reason or another.... which forces them to give you excuses. Sometimes the software it runs is custom to the distributor and if they are having software issues they may be trying to fix them before shipping it.

So far, when ever that has happened to me, I have received the goods, just took longer than expected.

bpappin

Apr 15, 2010
- 3g (wary about this, as it generally needs a corresponding service to tie to)

3G depends on the frequencies that its using, and were you are... if they match its likely that it will work provided you have a SIM with data.

for example, I'm using my iPhone SIM in my Nexus One... no problems once you get the config correct.

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010
I did order from lifengsihai but after being delayed 2 weeks i backed out and got a refund. I then found fadachi. He is associated with midfans. He told me a video will be going up tomorrow on midfans.com. He told me mine had shipped i am just waiting on it. Hopefully it will get here before the end of the week. If not latest is would be early next week.

When i get it i will be sure to inform you guys how it is. I dont think its resistive because the one vid fro lifengsihai is using his fingers on it. I thought resistive means you need a stylus?

prismways

Apr 19, 2010
I did order from lifengsihai but after being delayed 2 weeks i backed out and got a refund. I then found fadachi. He is associated with midfans. He told me a video will be going up tomorrow on midfans.com. He told me mine had shipped i am just waiting on it. Hopefully it will get here before the end of the week. If not latest is would be early next week.

When i get it i will be sure to inform you guys how it is. I dont think its resistive because the one vid fro lifengsihai is using his fingers on it. I thought resistive means you need a stylus?

no, you can use finger tips and possibly finger nail to move things around with a resistive screen, but it is just more difficult. Ideal is capacitive like the apple ipod touch or ipad. much more responsive.

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010

no, you can use finger tips and possibly finger nail to move things around with a resistive screen, but it is just more difficult. Ideal is capacitive like the apple ipod touch or ipad. much more responsive.

Noted. I hope this guy isnt pulling my leg. He threw up a tracking number for me but it hasnt gone active yet.

prismways

Apr 19, 2010

Noted. I hope this guy isnt pulling my leg. He threw up a tracking number for me but it hasnt gone active yet.

well, we're looking forward to seeing your review. good luck!

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010
One last update i noticed along with the video was an announcement of delay for the product. Im very unhappy about that as it probably will effect me.

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010
As i suspected. I received a message from user. he claims due to volcanic ash ups shipments have been delayed. That story does not line up with the story he put up on midfans.com but surprisingly have the same ship date. I once again asked for a refund. :(