[ROM][03 Jan 2012][3G only][HC 3.2]Ganbarou GT V0.5[P7500XXKL4][P7501XXKL4]

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Honeycomb 3.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1(N) 3G ROM (GT-P7500)(GT-P7501).
I guess this will be the last Ganbarou GT ROM based on Honeycomb 3.2. As everybody else I am waiting that the CM9 ROM or an IceCreamSandwich ROM from Samsung is coming.

[UPDATE]
Updated the ROM with small enhancements.
This update can be used only if you already have a Ganbarou GT V0.5 or V0.5a ROM installed. If not, please install first my ROM. This would be the Ganbarou GT V0.5 for a 10.1 or 10.1N or the Ganbarou GT V0.5a for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300.

Changelog:

• Added Recovery reboot to PowerMenu
  • Browser with UAstring options in the settings menu
  • 6 ROM versions available for 10.1 (P7500), 10.1N (P7501), 8.9(P7300), with original Samsung icons and with AOSP icons
  • The bug with the mouse pointer not visible is fixed as well.
  • The versions with the Samsung icons have now the colored icons in the settings.
  • As a small add-on I included the Photo Browser coming from the Acer Icona tab. Really fast and fancy. Check the video on

Download:

[/UPDATE]

This version of the ROM is based on the XXKL4 stock ROM released for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Italy.

It has only minor changes to the V0.4 but I think it was worth to release it.

There are 2 (actually 3) versions of this ROM.

• Ganbarou 10.1 => for P-7500 tablets
  • Ganbarou 10.1N => for P-7501 tablets
  • Ganbarou 8.9 => experimental trial for the 8.9" P-7300 tablets

The difference between the 10.1 and 10.1N is only in the build.prop, so that the 10.1N is reporting correct as P-7501 tablet.

The 8.9 version is really experimental, I have no possibility to test it. It is basically the same ROM as the 10.1, but no recovery and no kernel are included. The build.prop is changed so that it reports correct as P-7300 tablet. Any brave tester who wants to test this is welcome. Please give me some feedback.

Reminder:

• Be aware that this is only for the 3G version of the SGT. I cannot test on Wifi, LTE (4G), or 10.1v versions of the tablet. I guess it will not work and you will get into problems.
  • You flash this ROM on your own risk. If you damage your tablet with this ROM I take no responsibility for it.
  • Start SuperUser once after 1st boot to make sure its working correct!

Credits & Thanks:

• Thanks to LuffarJoh, his application CheckFus gave me the base ROM.
  • Credits for the Kernel to Pershoot
  • Credits for the reboot option in the power menu to designgears (his tutorial helped me to change the power menu)
  • Credits for the CWM recovery to teamovercome
  • Credits for HoneyComb icons to b00sted. Thank you for the permission to use them in my ROM

Download:
Ganbarou GT V0.5 10.1
Ganbarou GT V0.5 10.1N
Ganbarou GT V0.5 8.9 (experimental)

Changelog / Features:
V0.5

• Changed to new ROM base XXKL4
  • All apps and Live Wallpapers from the stock ROM
  • - ReadersHub (working) with Zinio, PressReader and Kobo)
  • - NeedForSpeed Shift (as it was on the original ROM)
  • - Live Wallpaper Aquarium, Aurora, BlueSea, Deep Space, Holo Spiral, Shilouette
  • Fixed browser "Find on page", now working.
  • Honeycomb icons taken from b00sted AOSP theme (with his permission)
  • Reboot option in Power Menu
  • Rooted
  • Deodexed
  • ZIP aligned
  • Flashable with CWM
  • Overcome CWM recovery 5.1.2.6
  • USB charging enabled
  • Pershoot Kernel 2.6.36.4 ? OC-VFPv3-d16_FP 1.4GHZ ? Galaxy Tab 10.1 build 11.12.2011
  • Added ADB over WiFi, TitaniumBackup (in data/app folder, not in system/app)
  • Changed default wallpaper, lockscreen wallpaper.
  • Ads free host file
  • Changed APN config file to include Softbank Japan

Ganbarou-GT-V0.5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
[UPDATE]
Updated the ROM with small bug fixes. Please flash the update files with CWM, WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK-CACHE and reboot.
These files are not complete ROMs! This works only if you have already Ganbarou GT V0.5 ROM on your tablet.
Changelog:

• Fixed graphic bug in pop-up windows (like the power menu)
  • Added faster launcher from ezcats Fluffy ROM
  • Added ICS animations from ezcats Fluffy ROM
  • Flash Ganbarou GT V0.5a Update.zip to get the updated files with AOSP style icons.
  • Flash Ganbarou GT V0.5a Update - Samsung.zip to get the updated files with original Samsung icons and grey bar at the bottom.

[*]Thanks to MikeO and dg5fdg from the AndroidHilfe forum the 8.9 Tablet ROM is tested and working. I will post it in the 8.9er forum.

Thanks and credits to ezcats for his improvements!

[/UPDATE]

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
[UPDATE]
Updated the ROM with small enhancements.
This update can be used only if you already have a Ganbarou GT V0.5 or V0.5a ROM installed. If not, please install first my ROM. This would be the Ganbarou GT V0.5 for a 10.1 or 10.1N or the Ganbarou GT V0.5a for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300.

Changelog:

• Added Recovery reboot to PowerMenu
  • Browser with UAstring options in the settings menu
  • 6 ROM versions available for 10.1 (P7500), 10.1N (P7501), 8.9(P7300), with original Samsung icons and with AOSP icons
  • The bug with the mouse pointer not visible is fixed as well.
  • The versions with the Samsung icons have now the colored icons in the settings.
  • As a small add-on I included the Photo Browser coming from the Acer Icona tab. Really fast and fancy. Check the video on

Download:

[/UPDATE]

Last edited by a moderator: