[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb for GTAB - Alpha 7.1 (8/3/11)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hello Elan,

Would you like to give the latest one a try ?
[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb - Alpha 7.1 (8/3/11) [G-TABLET\ZPAD T2] - SlateDroid.com
Download link Flashback Alpha 7.1 update.zip

Changelog:
(a7.1)
Added Adobe Flash 10.3 to /data
Added Dolphin Pad to /data
Added netflix to /data
Added JustPictures to /data
Added RockplayerLite to /data
Changed some libs to enable HW acceleration. (It does not work yet)
Disabled RIL-Daemon (Third times a charm)
Changed Wallpaper
added status bar toggle (Thanks to dima_tr for developing and Dave.S for bringing it to our attention)

It is getting closer to HW acceleration, if your Plex needs it to perform. I'd pm tlbardelljr about your concern and see if he would have the time to work with you as your app appears to be very beneficial. Furthermore, there is a progress on Advent Vega on hw acceleration that would help the current effort on gtablet HC greatly as both devices are closely matched in hardware.

Matt, could you revise the title of this thread to remove the portion '-alpha 3.0 (6/19/11), and we will try to keep this thread up to date accordingly.

Dave

Edit: Be cautious with this release as it not yet worked for me. Make sure to have a nandroid backup before you try.

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Dave

Edit: Be cautious with this release as it not yet worked for me. Make sure to have a nandroid backup before you try.
Dave, you know what I'm gonna ask! ;)

I saw you had some trouble at slatedroid...wondering if you did a full clean install, including an nvflash with 4349 stock and repartitioned your memory? Anytime you roll between ROMs--and then encounter funny stuff--I'd suggest the full-clean routine. In particular, since some users are having wifi problems with 7.1 and some are not, I think it's due to lingering corrupt cache/app files.

-Matt

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hello Matt, nice to see you back.

As I thought from the beginning, Bardell would be the one who would deliver a workable HC rom for gtab, and he comes pretty darn close. Good things happened with the parallel efforts from Vega and NI folks. We would likely to see a beta and even an RC release before long. There are many good folks who follow his thread, so the chances are good. Since I can spare the times, now and then, I wish to help him, or at the least, encourage him along his path. For that reason, I would like to see any upgrade to be flashed with cache wipe only. Not too many folks are comfortable with nvflash, few encountered hard brick wih apx loop, and beside, nvflash does not completely erase everything. I've done that and I've seen many directories and files are still there.

Bardell thought similar as you did, lingering libs files. To completely erase everything, one may have to resolve to format.zip then nvflash. I am unfamiliar with the format.zip process, so am hesitating.

Anyway, it is too h.....ot here. Time to take a little trip up north to see the grand kids.

Dave,

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Dave, I know what you mean about HOT. I'll probably wait til just before sundown today to mow the lawn!

Speaking of the format utility, I actually followed your lead on that (which ROM did you post it in...VEGAn Tab?) and you're right...it was like a nuclear blast on my gTab. Never seen such a CLEAN tablet before! But nothing to be worried about if you do your backup first (I didn't and lost everything on my sdcard!). :)

-Matt

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
I was referring to this one [UTILITY] G-Tablet Format - xda-developers. My mind is not clear right now, with the heat and the digging into this 7.1. If you have some spare time, see if you can figure out a logical procedure ?

I was using Calkulin's format file with 1.1 bootloader rom's. It was great, but not for 1.2 bootloader.

Dave,

beastman

May 8, 2011
I REALLY know hot. Today is the 51st day of 100+ in Austin, TX.

I've been following this rom and thinking about installing it

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I REALLY know hot. Today is the 51st day of 100+ in Austin, TX.

I've been following this rom and thinking about installing it

We have a WINNER! Ouch, that IS hot. We only make it over 100 with the heat index.

So you haven't tried Flashback yet? FWIW I'm sitting happily on 5.4 right now. Need to work my way up to 7.1!

I really encourage you to try it.

-Matt

tlbardelljr

Jul 12, 2011
We have a WINNER! Ouch, that IS hot. We only make it over 100 with the heat index.

So you haven't tried Flashback yet? FWIW I'm sitting happily on 5.4 right now. Need to work my way up to 7.1!

I really encourage you to try it.

-Matt

Matt, 7.1 is so much faster and smoother :)

Sent from my Flashback 7.1 using Tapatalk

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Matt, 7.1 is so much faster and smoother :)

Thanks Terry! You know, I have a family and they like to see me sometimes too. :p You leave me know choice but to try it (I'll see if I can sneak by first without a data wipe)!

-Matt

tlbardelljr

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks Terry! You know, I have a family and they like to see me sometimes too. :p You leave me know choice but to try it (I'll see if I can sneak by first without a data wipe)!

-Matt

Good luck hope it works well for you

beastman

May 8, 2011
I'd like to try it without a data wipe. I will wipe all cache though. I'm doing 8 hours of overtime every saturday this month, so won't have time. I don't want to do it when i'm rushed and not have time to restore if i need to.