[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Honeycomb for GTAB - Alpha 7.1 (8/3/11)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I notice if I use Opera Mobile and set the user-agent to "Desktop", IMDB trailers shows a link that works in Youtube.

-Matt

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hello Matt, you got my curiosity :)

I tumbled across Opera Mini. It was fast and the default font is large. My type of font. But it won't play trailers. Error: must have flash installed and JavaScript enabled.
Then I downloaded Opera Mobile. It plays trailers fine, but the default font is small. Can't magnify SD forum !!!
I have imdb app installed. It only plays the main trailer. Others can't play.

The wonderful world on Android incompatibility !

Dave

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hello Matt, you got my curiosity :)

I tumbled across Opera Mini. It was fast and the default font is large. My type of font. But it won't play trailers. Error: must have flash installed and JavaScript enabled.
Then I downloaded Opera Mobile. It plays trailers fine, but the default font is small. Can't magnify SD forum !!!
I have imdb app installed. It only plays the main trailer. Others can't play.

The wonderful world on Android incompatibility !

Dave
Dave, I know exactly what you mean. I don't know if this will help, but you can set the default zoom level in Opera Mobile, which will leave the text where you like it as you move from page to page. Here is where the option is in settings:

$P20110818173007.jpg

-Matt

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Matt, great tip with Opera Mobile ! I changed to 125% and it is enough for my eyes with regular reading glasses.
I should have known that all apps may have settings to change the way they behave. Noob mistakes :)

As for customizing boot animations, there were quite a few how-to's. Here are some of them,

How To Change, Customize & Create Android Boot Animation [Guide]
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/208...961__hl__wallpaper__fromsearch__1#entry217961
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/162...logos-replace-viewsonic-logo-g-tabletzpad-t2/

I never tried but glad that someone is interested. Would love to see some feedback.

Dave

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Installed this morning. So far, so good. Working good. Thing is I see alot of chatter about SOD. Is there an ongoing issue? and is this common across all HC ports, or just here?

sent from my FlashBack 7.2 Gtablet using Tapatalk

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
SOD is indeed much talked about. I have no issue with it.
If you do, let me know and I'd share some thing to try.

Dave,

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
SOD is indeed much talked about. I have no issue with it.
If you do, let me know and I'd share some thing to try.

Dave,

I also gather through reading here and on SD that battery life isn't exactly desireable. I have a thought. Has anyone tried to uninstall maps to see if that fixes the concern? I had this issue before on a phone ROM and it turned out that Maps was trying to use the GPS when it was turned off. eating the hell out of the battery. Just a thought.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
First, let's move this discussion to flashback thread.
For apps that "app not installed". After the installation, go to settings and "move it to tablet".
SOD = Sleep of death. Tablet went to sleep and wont wake up, need a reboot. I have none of this, but many talked about it.

Dave,

You got it Dave.

Just had the app issue you spoke of. Did just what you said. Reinstalled and moved. Now ok. Now the hd apps i had will play.

If the screen doesn't shut down,the tab shouldn't sleep. Can you just not let it go to sleep?

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Has anyone used the arcade app in the ROM? Nothing seems to play. I think I will delete it.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
You got it Dave.

Just had the app issue you spoke of. Did just what you said. Reinstalled and moved. Now ok. Now the hd apps i had will play.

If the screen doesn't shut down,the tab shouldn't sleep. Can you just not let it go to sleep?

Yes, you could let it go to sleep and when you tab the power button, it should wake up fine.
If you do experience different behavior, tell us the situation and we will go from there.

Dave

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Has anyone used the arcade app in the ROM? Nothing seems to play. I think I will delete it.

The arcade app works fine. You need to install adobe air, I think.

Dave