[ROM] 1.2 Honeycomb Android Illuminate for The Gtablet\Zpad T2

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
NOTICE: Please Re-Read this Post some things will be changing.

Last Update 8/26/2011

default%20background.png

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware mod, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device and neither myself, This Forum nor Viewsonic are responsible for supporting you if that occurs. In this case, it is required that you learn and setup nvflash prior to running this mod.

I would like to thank Roebeet first and formost for his even getting this to work on the gtablet. Also thanks to everyone else that has had a hand in getting Honeycomb to run on the Gtablet especially Pershoot.

==================================

What is Android Illuminate?

Android Illuminate is a Viewsonic Gtablet Honeycomb ROM, that has been said to be the most Stable Honeycomb ROM at the moment for the Viewsonic Gtablet!

How do I get Support for Android Illuminate?

Well to receive support for Android Illuminate, weather it is for Installation of the ROM or it is for some other issue you may be experiencing. You have two options as far as I am able to tell you about and offer.

1. You read through this thread and ask the community. Most likely if you have followed the directions on installation which there is a Video Below on how to do a Basic Setup from a 1.2 Stock ROM, and you have made sure to Wipe your User Data Partition and you are still experiencing an issue then you are not the only one and most likely someone from the community has found a way to fix the problem. If you seem to be the only person having the problem your facing then you may want to re-read through some of the links on how to recover and/or update your tablet and retrying the installation of Android Illuminate from 1.2 Stock 4349.

2. You can visit WWW.LINUXBOXSOLUTION.COM either fill out the Contact Form on our websites contact us page, read the numerous tutorials on our site and watch the many tutorials we have at YouTube - LinuxBoxSolution's Channel

We are Implementing a Support Forum but at this very moment there is not enough time in a day to get this up and running. But if you fill out the Contact Form on our site we will always answer back when we get the chance which is usually within 24 hours. You also may try to PM us but this is not a sure way to receive a response from us.

We do not have time to support this ROM on every forum we post it to and still have time to actually build the ROM. That is why we offer the way of support from our site so it is centrally located plus when the addition of the centralized support forum is setup it will be much easier to find the answer to your questions and without having to wait for a response for to long that is.

How Do I recover my Viewsonic Gtablet?

Recovery of the Viewsonic may seem Hard but is fairly simple the first time Around. NVFlash allows your Tablet to be Virtually Unbrickable, unless something damages the hardware and/or SDCard in side as long as you understand how to set your tablet in to APX mode which it will do no Matter what happens to the OS System Partitions and such, allowing the Viewsonic Gtablet to truly be one of the most Versatile Tablets on the Market to date.

For a full written article to go with the video visit: Learning How To NVFlash Your Viewsonic Gtablet

<br>

How to Install Android Illuminate?

For a full written article to go with this video visit: 1.2 Stock Branch Rom to Custom ROM for Viewsonic Gtablet

What About the Kernel?

Git Source Repo: https://github.com/linuxboxsolution/LBSGtab

Get the Full Information on the Viewsonic Gtablet Kernel Here: Linux Box Solution Overclocked Honeycomb Kernel for Viewsonic Gtablet

-------------------------

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Android Illuminate Beta 3.1 Download Link: http://linuxboxsolution.com/...downloads/Viewsonic-Gtablet-Specific-Downloads/android-illuminate-honeycomb-gtablet-rom/Android-Iluminate-3.1-Beta/(Random Shut Downs Fixed, Flash Integrated Just Download Opera, Added GPIO Modules and Bluetooth Drivers)
Android Illuminate Alpha 3.0 Download Link: Linux Box Solutions | Android Honeycombs Android Illuminate 3.0 Viewsonic Gtablet
Android Illuminate Alpha 2.2 Download Link: http://linuxboxsolution.com/...Downloads/android-illuminate-honeycomb-gtablet-rom/Android-Illuminate-2.2/ (LBS Kernel 4.1, Wifi Utilization Improved, Random Shutdown Improved)
Android Illuminate Alpha 2.1 Download Link:http://linuxboxsolution.com/...downloads/linux-box-solutions-android-downloads/Android-Illuminate-Alpha-2.1/ (Further System stability, Kernel Cache Increased to 512kb from 256kb, New NVidia Libs & Binaries Introduced For Bluetooth & Various Media)
Android Illuminate Alpha 2.0 Download Link: http://www.linuxboxsolution.com/...downloads/linux-box-solutions-android-downloads/Android-Illuminate-Alpha-2.0/ (LBS 1.8 Honeycomb Kernel, USB Mass Storage, Further Video Playback Improvements)
Android Illuminate Alpha 1.6 Download Link: http://linuxboxsolution.com/...downloads/linux-box-solutions-android-downloads/Illuminate-Alpha-1.6/ (Further Performance Enhancements, Initial Boot More Stable, Pulled Boot Animation for Stock HC Boot Animation, Vital Player Added for some HD Playback from SDCard, Quickoffice HD Introduced Polaris Office Pulled, Wifi Stable, Accessibility Enabled and Working, 2nd Calendar Removed)
Android Illuminate Alpha 1.5 Download Link: Zipped Link: http://www.linuxboxsolution.com/...downloads/linux-box-solutions-android-downloads/illuminate-a1.5/ (Wifi Fixes & Initial Boot More Stable)
Android Illuminate Alpha 1.4 Download Link: http://www.linuxboxsolution.com/...downloads/linux-box-solutions-android-downloads/Android-Illuminate-a1.4/ (Wifi Configuration Changes)
Android Illuminate Alpha 1.3 Download Link: http://www.linuxboxsolution.com/...downloads/linux-box-solutions-android-downloads/Android-Illuminate-a1.3/ (First Release)

Features: as of Illuminate Alpha 2.2

*Features upto Bottle of Smoke 3.3 are the same*

-Flash Integrated Just Download Opera Mini Browser and your Good To Go.
-Download Moboplayer to watch full 1080p Videos. Open Moboplayer and download ARMV7 Codec Pack and All Videos Become Playable from the tablet.
-Random Shutdowns Fixed
-GPIO Modules integrated into kernel to help with compatibility for other devices, along with more Bluetooth Device Drivers added.
-Android 3.2 Binaries and Libraries Integration (This is the Start of Porting to 3.2 thanks to JBQ for helping with the 3.2 AOSP release)
-Partial Honeybread Theme Integration (Thanks to dhemke17 for this) Original Thread [ROM][UPDATED]Full Rom Deodexed US Wifi Android 3.2 / Tiamat Katana 2.0.0 - xda-developers
-New NVidia Libraries Introduced (For Bluetooth & Various Media)
-Kernel Cache Size Increased from 256kb to 512kb
-New Linux Box Solution 2.2 Honeycomb Kernel (Overclockable to 1.4Ghz) (Wifi Utilization Improved)
-USB Mass Storage
-Wifi Connectivity Stable
-Hardware Acceleration
-Improved Audio Playback
-Improved Video Playback
-Overall Performance Improved
-Some HD Playback with Vitalplayer
-Accessibility Features Enabled and Working
-OpenGl enabled by Default and working Properly
-Basic Google Apps Reinstalled
-Es File Explorer Default File Manager now as it allows for Root Access to the file system
-Clemsyn Kernel (Overclocked upto 1400ghz with CPU Master) 6/22/11 Removed to Introduce Linux Box Solution 1.8 Honeycomb Kernel
-Tethering Enabled (Wifi Hotspot Turns Wifi Off & Trying to figure out a way to keep the both enabled if possible! Have not tried Bluetooth Tethering or USB Tethering!)

NOTICE: Flash still not currently Working please see the third Reply to this thread to view what has been said about Adobe Flash as of late. Also working with a couple inside guys specializing in Tegra 2 devices to see if we can get proper HD drivers & Codecs ported to Honeycomb properly for the Gtablet. Come to find out the Flash not working is NOT an OpenGL issue or a Stock Browser Issue it is strictly because Flash 10.3 for android does not support Honeycomb yet, and will not be supported until Google Releases Honeycomb Source Code.

Android Illuminate Alpha 1.3 Preview

Last edited by a moderator:

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Just installed it. Got to get ready for work....but will give my thoughts later. Thanks LBS

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Two questions...1. Can I just install this with cwm over bos 3.3? 2. Have you resolved the wifi error issue and random reboot issue? Otherwise I'm ready to flash it!

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
Two questions...1. Can I just install this with cwm over bos 3.3? 2. Have you resolved the wifi error issue and random reboot issue? Otherwise I'm ready to flash it!

Wifi Connectivity has improved still some issues during initial Google Setup. Yes you can CWM over BoS 3.3 but would still recommend backing up just in case. And random reboot is greatly improved over BoS maybe once in awhile after being on for more than 24 hours.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Wifi Connectivity has improved still some issues during initial Google Setup. Yes you can CWM over BoS 3.3 but would still recommend backing up just in case. And random reboot is greatly improved over BoS maybe once in awhile after being on for more than 24 hours.

Thanks for the fast response! Sounds like you've made headway on these issues...thanks in advance for all of your work. I'm sure it's better than 3.3. Downloading and flashing now.

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
NVflashed from BOS to stock 1.2 then flashed this rom and now stuck in recovery boot loop. I wiped the data and cache just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue??? Will try nvflash again...

Update..after nvflash again I am at the boot animation now, and looks like I am good to go must have been holding my mouth wrong the 1st time....

Last edited:

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
NVflashed from BOS to stock 1.2 then flashed this rom and now stuck in recovery boot loop. I wiped the data and cache just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue??? Will try nvflash again...

Update..after nvflash again I am at the boot animation now, and looks like I am good to go must have been holding my mouth wrong the 1st time....

If you were on bos, then you could have flashed it directly from cwm....no need to nvflash. Hope all goes well for ya.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
If you were on bos, then you could have flashed it directly from cwm....no need to nvflash. Hope all goes well for ya.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum
Still testing here....

Last edited by a moderator:

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
I did a backup of BOS and NVflashed back to 1.2 just to be safe, I have learned that sometimes it is better to go back to stock with a clean rom when switching to a new rom and it only takes a couple more mins the way I have my apps setup.. I am in the process of downloading from market, seems kind of slow it looks like it will be a good rom from what I have seen so far....time will tell..

Just checked my quadrant scores 2076 with this rom.. BOS was getting 1886

Last edited:

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I did a backup of BOS and NVflashed back to 1.2 just to be safe, I have learned that sometimes it is better to go back to stock with a clean rom when switching to a new rom and it only takes a couple more mins the way I have my apps setup.. I am in the process of downloading from market, seems kind of slow it looks like it will be a good rom from what I have seen so far....time will tell..

Youre always better off that way. The rom ran really slow for me at first because I flashed over bos 3.3, then wiped cache and dalvik cache. After rebooting, it's been much better as expected. I hear ya, I'm going to give it 72 hours before making a judgement on this one....

Last edited:

Fendogz

Feb 3, 2011
Can't get the wi-fi to work. Tried wiping everything after install of rom and did a wipe again and nothing. Even did a factory reset. Says identifying ip address and it just stays there. Tried two different wi-fi spots and I get the same results. ??

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
I flashed back to BOS after having issues when shutting down Illuminate and restarting. It would load the animation then the android unlock screen but before I could unlock it would loop back into the Illuminate animation. I tried wiping data but no go so I went back to BOS. The rom ran very stable for me up until I restarted and the perfomance is great. I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue?

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011

That Quadrant Score is phenomenal My Board Doesn't Get that :(

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
Can't get the wi-fi to work. Tried wiping everything after install of rom and did a wipe again and nothing. Even did a factory reset. Says identifying ip address and it just stays there. Tried two different wi-fi spots and I get the same results. ??

Hopefully release 1.5 will work better for you.

I flashed back to BOS after having issues when shutting down Illuminate and restarting. It would load the animation then the android unlock screen but before I could unlock it would loop back into the Illuminate animation. I tried wiping data but no go so I went back to BOS. The rom ran very stable for me up until I restarted and the perfomance is great. I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue?

If you decide to try the 1.5 let me know how well you do

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Downloading 1.5 now.... unfortunately I had to go back to the older version of bos (2.4a) temporarily because of the wifi issue. Even when i restored 3.3 from cwm, i still had the wifi issue. I sure hope it is all resolved now because this rom ran great!