[ROM] 1.2 Honeycomb Android Illuminate for The Gtablet\Zpad T2

jrode

Jun 9, 2011
So I got everything installed up to version 1.5, but now I'm having issues with wifi.

Before I attempt to connect it shows an icon with full bars, as soon as I try to connect then the bars go away and I get a poor signal and it won't connect.
Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I tried many things but couldn't obtain an IP address on the 1.5a build. Just for kicks, I started from scratch and the same thing happened. Unfortunately worse than bos3.3 for me...will try the next build. By the way have you thought of starting with a bos2.4 base build? It has been my daily runner ever since....

Last edited:

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
I had to do a data wipe before the wifi would work. I have not had any issues connecting after I did that. I just checked my quadrant score 2080, no fc so far but I have only had it installed a couple hours. Can't get flash videos to play either otherwise it seem fine and is pretty snappy...

Update. I tried flashing from BOS to this rom and could not get the wifi to work, now this is the first time that I tried installing without nvflash first. I would recommend doing nvflash to 1.2 then flashing Illuminate. When I nvflash there are no wifi issues for me.

Last edited:

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Just installed it. Got to get ready for work....but will give my thoughts later. Thanks LBS
I went back to BOS 4.1 when I got the wifi error. Installed 1.5 last night. No wifi error so far. Just wish the EAP issue could be resolved......

bikeboytoo

Mar 13, 2011
anyone had any luck with wifi. I continue to get the "obtaining IP address". I have reinstalled several times (tried all 3, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5) with full wipes/format always from BOS 4.1. I tried the static ip route, but unless i am missing something, static setup has no network mask. Not sure how that could work. Also, when i try connect with static data, goes back to DHCP and continues with "obtaining ip address" Looks like it runs great, but without network connectivity . . . . . . Any help would be appreciated.

thanks for all the great work guys.

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
anyone had any luck with wifi. I continue to get the "obtaining IP address". I have reinstalled several times (tried all 3, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5) with full wipes/format always from BOS 4.1. I tried the static ip route, but unless i am missing something, static setup has no network mask. Not sure how that could work. Also, when i try connect with static data, goes back to DHCP and continues with "obtaining ip address" Looks like it runs great, but without network connectivity . . . . . . Any help would be appreciated.

thanks for all the great work guys.

Did you nvflash before flashing this rom? If not I would recommend doing that, then do not setup the wireless connection during the initial setup wait and do it after a reboot and it should work. When flashing from BOS to this rom without nvflash I had wifi problems but when nvflashing and waiting until reboot until setting up wifi it has worked great. Hope this helps.....

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
Just updated to 1.6. I really like the honeycomb animation that was added to replace the Illuminate. Wifi is working fine. Quadrant score 2089, pretty damn quick and seems to be stable. Will do some more testing and post results...Thanks for the update Linuxboxsolution....

Update: The sound on this rom it is great. Amazing how much cleaner it sounds and is quite loud for such small speakers..

Last edited:

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
have you tried rebooting your router. When this happens to mine I reboot the router and it seems to work ok again.

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
Hope everyone is enjoys the New Relase of Android Illuminate Alpha 2.0 we have introduced our own kernel into play with some new features and other improvements.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hey, no worries, just glad to have you here!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
Sorry guys I've been hosting the website from my house but so many people are downloading it i'm moving the server now. The connection should improve by this afternoon sometime.

Fendogz

Feb 3, 2011
Since openGL is working does the camera work? All other HC roms say camera isn't working cause of openGL.