[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@johan111 @jinp @yufeng Just for the record, I've extensively tried to reproduce this issue, but I can't. I need detailed descriptions of all commands you're using and all error and other messages to even be able to assess whether there is an issue, and if so, what it might be.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Hi there,

I have a strange problem with this build. In some apps or games I have sometime screen flash or video noise in parts of the screen.

Did someone has the same problem? And Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you

Last edited:

jinp

Jul 10, 2014
@johan111 @jinp @yufeng Just for the record, I've extensively tried to reproduce this issue, but I can't. I need detailed descriptions of all commands you're using and all error and other messages to even be able to assess whether there is an issue, and if so, what it might be.

Hi PJBrs, did you try to put the rom on the tablets' internal sdcard, and try to do everything without the external sdcard plug in?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Okay, time for one new build, to test bluetooth and autobrightness.

cm-11-20150920-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: 5987b99f89ac71b6bfcddf3d7a8cd9d3)

This build has a kernel with additional patches for bluetooth (UHID, HID-generic, and a few crypto algorithms). @Jekson91 @joebine can you test bluetooth on this new build? I especially hope that this build fixes bluetooth mice and keyboards. @ All: can you test whether autobrightness no longer is "wonky", and works also in relatively bright conditions? And can you please check whether your bluetooth MAC-address looks okay? It should *not* be something like 43:30:B1:00:00:00 or 00:22:33:44:77:00.

NOTE -- Depending on your tests, this might be the before-last build of CM-11 I'm releasing.

Unfortunately, my attempt to switch from bluedroid to bluez failed, although I'm quite sure that all kernel infrastructure was in place. Pity.

For those who suffer from crackling popping noise with bluetooth streaming when the screen is turned off, as a workaround you can disable low power mode by doing (as root):

Code:
# echo 1 > /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/no_lp

I might attempt to either patch bluedroid to do this for you whenever bluetooth audio sink is connected, or I might build a widget that you can use to turn it on/off by yourself. (Or I might just ignore it, this is bluedroid's bug, not mine.) Or I might just change this in init, provided that it doesn't harm battery life too badly.

Hi PJBrs, did you try to put the rom on the tablets' internal sdcard, and try to do everything without the external sdcard plug in?

@jinp, no I didn't try this. I don't have any indication that it would matter anyway, but let me know if you do. To other readers, can you please respond if you have flashed and booted cwm-6.0.5.1 successfully, without an external SD card plugged in?

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi @PJBrs . Is that mean you starts work on CM12.1 for our tablet?
Ehm.... Well *first* I want to make CM-11 better than stock ever was. I WANT TO BEAT LENOVO, HUUURRRRRRHHHRGHH!!! :p

In my own repository, I just added a different fix for the bluetooth-sound-when-screen-disabled problem, and I added a different default I/O scheduler (row) which might give us a bit less lag. NOTE - these changes aren't in the most recent build I put online.

More importantly, I'm awaiting all your results and tests:
  • Bluetooth mouse / keyboard
  • Bluetooth MAC address
  • Autobrightness
The sooner I have your results, the sooner the next build will arrive ;)

Finally, I'd also like to know whether @Dunja45 's suggestion for @jinp @yufeng and @johan111 worked. So, after I have learned of all you testers' results, and after I've gotten enough experience with row scheduler and my new bluetooth sound fix, *then* I'll *hopefully* put up a new version. And after that.... Who knows!

By the way, you can try the new bluetooth fix by opening a terminal, switching to root, giving the following command and then quickly turning off the screen for at least five seconds:
Code:
# sleep 5; echo 25 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/freq_step

This increases the CPU speed a lot quicker when under load than the previous setting (3), and gives sufficient processing power to prevent bluetooth sound drops. I want to know what this change does to battery life. The previous fix, to prevent the cpu to drop to the lowest frequency was unsatisfactory in this regard, in my opinion.

Last edited:

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
@PJBrs , i download latest build from 20.09 and can test autobrightness, sound fix, i/o sheduler.
BT transfer work's fine (phone), but I haven't any BT devises (mouse or keyboard) can't test.:(

Last edited:

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
yep - BT file transfer works. I don't have BT mouse or keyboard either, sorry.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@profeet, @yaka, thanks very much for testing! Any remaining comments on autobrightness? IMHO, it's working fine now. And did you check your bluetooth MAC address? You should be able to find it in the settings app, under "About table" -> "Status" -> "Bluetooth address".

I can also tell you that the new i/o scheduler that I'm testing at home appears to make the device much more responsive! As soon as I know whether the other tests (bluetooth mouse / keyboard) are positive, I'll make a new build and put it online.

Also found a new bug--casting the screen to chromecast doesn't work. It either results in a soft reboot or displays one picture and then hangs. Then again, that never worked originally.

johan111

Jul 7, 2014
Ehm.... Well *first* I want to make CM-11 better than stock ever was. I WANT TO BEAT LENOVO, HUUURRRRRRHHHRGHH!!
:p;)
Finally, I'd also like to know whether @Dunja45 's suggestion for @jinp @yufeng and @johan111 worked. So, after I have learned of all you testers' results, and after I've gotten enough experience with row scheduler and my new bluetooth sound fix, *then* I'll *hopefully* put up a new version. And after that.... Who knows!

@Dunja45 was right, after flashing JB bootloader I was finally able to enter 6.0.5.1 CWM recovery! So now I am running CM11 on my old A2109, unbelivable :)

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
@PJBrs yes, autobrightness, working fine now. My BT address is 00:22:33:00:00:00. Something wrong?
And I find new bug, I can't change system language (from rus to eng), after that settings crashes.
Very surprised - without Wi-Fi, battery drain is gone. Its super fix:).
@PJBrs thanks for great work.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@PJBrs yes, autobrightness, working fine now. My BT address is 00:22:33:00:00:00. Something wrong?

Thanks for testing! BT address is wrong. To fix it, you can delete
Code:
/data/misc/bluedroid/bt_config.xml

This deletes all bluetooth associations but it should also fix your BT address.

And I find new bug, I can't change system language (from rus to eng), after that settings crashes.
Very surprised - without Wi-Fi, battery drain is gone. Its super fix:).
@PJBrs thanks for great work.

Thanks :) The language issue might go away if you do a full reset, or perhaps if you remove

Code:
/data/property/persist.sys.country
/data/property/persist.sys.language

Or perhaps all in /data/property.

Thank you dear developer! I am happy! Bluetooth mouse work now!:)

Thanks for testing! That's very good news. I'm putting up a new build in a few days.

Last edited: