[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

johan111

Jul 7, 2014

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@profeet, I wrote:
Thanks for testing! BT address is wrong. To fix it, you can delete
Code:
/data/misc/bluedroid/bt_config.xml

This deletes all bluetooth associations but it should also fix your BT address.

Did this work?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
This should be the final cm-11 build!

cm-11-20151001-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: c43cfeb9375d49f7b9531d491d6cb959)

This build adds a small change to the conservative cpu scheduler configuration that should fix bluetooth audio when screen disabled. Also it includes a different i/o scheduler (row) that improves latency on our tablet.

One last issue--casting the screen to chromecast does not work. That's too difficult for me to fix, so we'll just have to make do without. All in all, though, I believe that this build has the same hardware support as stock, and is faster. Happy testing!

And thanks to all of you for testing all the previous builds -- @profeet, @jam97, @joebine, @yaka, @Jekson91, @DBlake and everyone else!

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
This should be the final cm-11 build!

cm-11-20151001-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: c43cfeb9375d49f7b9531d491d6cb959)

This build adds a small change to the conservative cpu scheduler configuration that should fix bluetooth audio when screen disabled. Also it includes a different i/o scheduler (row) that improves latency on our tablet.

One last issue--casting the screen to chromecast does not work. That's too difficult for me to fix, so we'll just have to make do without. All in all, though, I believe that this build has the same hardware support as stock, and is faster. Happy testing!

And thanks to all of you for testing all the previous builds -- @profeet, @jam97, @joebine, @yaka, @Jekson91, @DBlake and everyone else!

I'll be updating my PACROM based on this build. I was waiting for updates to slow down (as hard as that is to believe!).

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Thanks PJBrs for the last build. It worked faster and almost better then the original ROM.

I tested it and this is my comments about it:

- Bluetooth headset is working find (sound and microphone).
- Bluetooth audio still working when screen is disable.
- Bluetooth remote control working.
- Like profeet, i had a bluetooth MAC adress 00:22:33:00:00:00 but it find my phone and bluetooth headset, strange...
- I still have, in some apps, sometimes screen flash or noise in screen.
- auto brithness seems working well.
- Battery drain looks OK we will see in a few days.
- Lock screen rotation not working.

That's it for now. Thank you again.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
I did a dirty flash and found that the Bluetooth address is 00:22:33:00:00:00.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
- Like profeet, i had a bluetooth MAC adress 00:22:33:00:00:00 but it find my phone and bluetooth headset, strange...

Hmmm. Can you list the files in the following locations please:
Code:
/data/misc/bluetooth
/data/misc/bluedroid
/system/etc/bluetooth

Your bluetooth address is defined somewhere here. I think the /data/misc/bluetooth directory should be empty. If that doesn't help you can also remove the bluedroid directory (and lose all your device pairings).

I only see a red border flashing in chrome once in a while but nothing beside that...

That's it for now. Thank you again.

Apparently lock screen rotation has been disabled since 4.3. Here might be a solution.

Thanks for your very thorough testing!

Last edited:

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
If that doesn't help you can also remove the bluedroid directory (and lose all your device pairings).

Hi, @PJBrs, i delete all files in data/misc/bluedroid & bluetooth, nothing change, BT address is still the same.
i/o sheduler (row) is strong improvement for our tablet (more fast & smooth). Thanks!!!

I use gravitybox for fix it.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Hmmm. Can you list the files in the following locations please:
Code:
/data/misc/bluetooth
/data/misc/bluedroid
/system/etc/bluetooth

/data/misc/bluedroid:
bt_config.old
bt_config.xml

/data/misc/bluetooth:
bdaddr

/system/etc/bluetooth:
auto_pair_devlist.conf
bt_did.conf
bt_stack.conf
bt_vendor.conf

joebine

Jan 14, 2015

I only see a red border flashing in chrome once in a while but nothing beside that...

Try the game "Pokemon shuffle" . It is playable but the screen flash a lots of time. Thats the worst place i noticed it.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
I have made some changes to the kernel using Kernel toolkit from google play and have noticed that the tablet become lag free and more responsive even with multitasking.
The changes are as follows:
Minimum cpu frequency set to 340Mhz with interactive governor.
I/O scheduler set to noop and Read ahead buffer set to 128kb .
Don't forget to set ”Apply setting on boot” option for both cpu and I/O scheduler.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I have made some changes to the kernel using Kernel toolkit from google play and have noticed that the tablet become lag free and more responsive even with multitasking.
The changes are as follows:
Minimum cpu frequency set to 340Mhz with interactive governor.
I/O scheduler set to noop and Read ahead buffer set to 128kb .
Don't forget to set ”Apply setting on boot” option for both cpu and I/O scheduler.
Nice to have the tablet more responsive! One thing though, the new Row i/o scheduler *should* be faster than the noop i/o scheduler. I took my info from here. (Actually quite a nice read.) As far as I understand, it works particularly well on internal flash without trim support. This is the scheduler that cyanogenmod uses for 2012 Nexus 7 (grouper).

In other news, I'm currently testing a new kernel that severely cuts back the amount of code used from Lenovo and is mainly based on Nvidia's kernel repositories. Before going on to AOSP or Lollipop, I thought it would be nice to have a cleaner kernel.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Try the game "Pokemon shuffle" . It is playable but the screen flash a lots of time. Thats the worst place i noticed it.
I tried it, I've noticed it too. I have no idea how to debug this. You might try to get logcat, but I actually suspect that the real issue is with our Nvidia binaries (libEGL, libGLES, etc.) or with the hacks cyanogenmod uses to make our old binaries / HALs work with newer versions of Android.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
/data/misc/bluedroid:
bt_config.old
bt_config.xml

/data/misc/bluetooth:
bdaddr

/system/etc/bluetooth:
auto_pair_devlist.conf
bt_did.conf
bt_stack.conf
bt_vendor.conf
Thanks for listing these files. Your MAC address should be defined in /data/misc/bluetooth/bdaddr and in /data/misc/bluedroid/bt_config.xml. Deleting these files (perhaps also bt_config.old) should fix it. Perhaps you can check the contents of these files yourself?

One thing you can try, and I would be very surprised if it didn't work, is to do a factory reset, format /system and /data, and then reinstall. Perhaps use titaniumbackup to restore your apps. Or maybe leave /data alone while reinstalling. Then again, broken MAC address should only pose you problems when trying to connect two devices with the same address.

Last edited: