[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

nascar59

Apr 20, 2014
any body find a solution for /sdcard1 not working with this Rom or is ii's just mind try a couple other sd card ,they all not working,it does not see them ,thank you.ray

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
any body find a solution for /sdcard1 not working with this Rom or is ii's just mind try a couple other sd card ,they all not working,it does not see them ,thank you.ray
Hi Ray, welcome aboard!

My own sdcard is working fine, and I have reports from others that theirs are fine too.I did however see problems with a USB stick formatted in specific ways. To get more information, you can open the terminal, switch to root:
Code:
$ su
and, as root, do
Code:
# cat /proc/kmsg

(Note that the dollar and hash signs are part of the command prompt, they are not the command itself.)

This will get you a steam of information from the kernel. Just watch it for a while to familiarise yourself with typical output while the tablet is idling. Next, with the screen still on, insert your sdcard and arch the kernel messages. Please post the result here and perhaps we can find out where the problem is.

Good luck!

nascar59

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Ray, welcome aboard!

My own sdcard is working fine, and I have reports from others that theirs are fine too.I did however see problems with a USB stick formatted in specific ways. To get more information, you can open the terminal, switch to root:
Code:
$ su
and, as root, do
Code:
# cat /proc/kmsg

(Note that the dollar and hash signs are part of the command prompt, they are not the command itself.)

This will get you a steam of information from the kernel. Just watch it for a while to familiarise yourself with typical output while the tablet is idling. Next, with the screen still on, insert your sdcard and arch the kernel messages. Please post the result here and perhaps we can find out where the problem is.

Good luck!
Thank very much PJBrs, for answering but seem like my slot is the problem got error: no such file or directories and did true the recovery Mount /external _sd got error there too and the sd card works good on my phone so more likely my slot,Ray

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
This should be the final cm-11 build!
cm-11-20151001-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: c43cfeb9375d49f7b9531d491d6cb959)
This build adds a small change to the conservative cpu scheduler configuration that should fix bluetooth audio when screen disabled. Also it includes a different i/o scheduler (row) that improves latency on our tablet.
One last issue--casting the screen to chromecast does not work. That's too difficult for me to fix, so we'll just have to make do without. All in all, though, I believe that this build has the same hardware support as stock, and is faster. Happy testing!
And thanks to all of you for testing all the previous builds -- @profeet, @jam97, @joebine, @yaka, @Jekson91, @DBlake and everyone else!
Dear PJBrs, I just installed this latest build. I includes Play Store app "out of the box", there was no need to install GAPPS :) A little pleasant surprise! :)

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
Dear PJBrs, happy new year! :) I tested the HDMI output with your latest ROM. Picture & sound is perfect, but there is no subtitle on the monitor, only on the screen of the tablet. Any suggestion?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Dear PJBrs, happy new year! :)

Happy new year to you too!
I tested the HDMI output with your latest ROM. Picture & sound is perfect, but there is no subtitle on the monitor, only on the screen of the tablet. Any suggestion?

Well, yes, but not a solution. I did a quick google search and found a bug in which various tegra tablet users (Asus tf300, tf700, ...) complain about missing subtitles. I've seen this workaround:

a) If you do not see "Developers Options" in the Setting menu go to "About Tablet"and tap seven times (this is not a joke!) on "Build number" to allow the Developers Options (it will then appear on the Settings Menu)
b) Once in the "Developers Options" select (tick) Disable HW overlays

Also, you can apparently check if this solution would work for you as follows:
Everyone, try mx player and shrink the size of the video and the subtitles should be visible below. If this is your problem Go to Developer option and check Turn off hardware overlays. The problem is that the video is superimposing over your subtitles and thus the subs are not visible.

Let us know what works for you!

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
Dear PJBrs, the first solution (disable HW overlays) worked like a charm. Now my little Lenovo is a state-of-the-art HDMI multimedia player: I can remote control it with a bluetooth mouse (thanks to you), with full subtitle support (thanks to you) :)

jankoh

Jan 5, 2016
Hi all and happy new Year!
I've tried to install this ROM on my A2109 but with no success. Original firmware is 4.1.1 Build A2109A_A411_03_13_121126_GE.
Device is rooted fastboot and adb working fine.
At step 10 I get the message status 7. So I edited the updater-script as described on the XDA developers forum.
This helped to resolve the status 7 message but now I get only installation Aborted. When I check the log I can see that there are error messages about formatting and partitioning.
I've tried to update from the internal storage and an external SD. No change.

Old firmware remains untouched and 4.1.1 still booting and working.

Is my device compatible with this rom? Why the status 7 message?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi Jankoh, welcome aboard! Did you also flash the new recovery from page 1 in this thread, version 6.0.5.1?

jankoh

Jan 5, 2016
Hi Jankoh, welcome aboard! Did you also flash the new recovery from page 1 in this thread, version 6.0.5.1?
Yes i did. I first flashed the cwm from the cwm thread and rooted the device. Then i flashed the cwm..unofficial-kai. Do i need to root it again before installing the new rom?

mike100

Mar 1, 2013
Many many thanks for this. Turned my sluggish tab into a lean and mean machine and saved me from having to buy a new one, so I would be happy to donate a few bucks for development purposes if the rom cook can let me know how.