[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Yes. 4.4.4 is very faster and smoother than before.
I'll upload the logcat result tonight. Thanks!

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
I installed it successfully and it works nice, I used Rashr app to flash the new recovery from inside the previous rom 4.2.2
I have noticed that the rotation function doesn't work properly after using Apolo music, it doesn't return to landscape mode unless I turn the screen off.
I really appreciate what you have done PJBrs, thank you so much.
I confirm that I can find my sd and usb drive inside the media_ rw folder.

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
I installed it successfully and it works nice, I used Rashr app to flash the new recovery from inside the previous rom 4.2.2
I have noticed that the rotation function doesn't work properly after using Apolo music, it doesn't return to landscape mode unless I turn the screen off.
I really appreciate what you have done PJBrs, thank you so much.
I confirm that I can find my sd and usb drive inside the media_ rw folder.
Yes, rotation function doesn't work after screen off and then be tuned on. The only way to workaround this is to reboot. I think it should be a bug.

Furthermore, another little bug, wallpaper for lock screen cannot be changed.

Ravak

Dec 5, 2012
Wow, it is so smooth. The tablet slows down / gets choppy when installing or updating apps - which happened on every Android version though (4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and now on 4.4). Other than that it is super smooth and fast.

Thanks a lot PJBrs :)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Yes, rotation function doesn't work after screen off and then be tuned on. The only way to workaround this is to reboot. I think it should be a bug.

Furthermore, another little bug, wallpaper for lock screen cannot be changed.
Hmmm... I'm currently trying to reproduce the rotation thing. I think the underlying problem is that none of the sensors work anymore. In the meantime, can you clear cache and dalvik cache and try again?

Thanks for testing and logcat!

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Hmmm... I'm currently trying to reproduce the rotation thing. I think the underlying problem is that none of the sensors work anymore. In the meantime, can you clear cache and dalvik cache and try again?

Thanks for testing and logcat!
I've tested, but it doesn't work.

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Yes. The sensors don't work at all.
But sometimes when my screen off and then on, the uc browser may turn to horzintal from vertical.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I'm doing a new build right now, appears that the last one was still using the grouper sensors hal. I also took a new stab of improving autobrightness, hopefully I can provide an update later this week. I've also taken a look at p2p. I think we need a newer version of the bcmdhd driver to even have some hope for this one. Unfortunately, my kernel source isn't all that organised. I basically dumped the lenovo source on top of google's JellyBean kernel for grouper, and then I did some compile fixes and added bluesleep...

The USB-OTG thing... It does appear to mount my usb-stick, but I don't like where I can find it. I think I have overlooked adding two sdcard services from this, so that stuff is accessible at:
Code:
/storage/sdcard1
/storage/usbdrive

After that.... We should be at feature parity with 4.2.2.

By the way, @fusm, I think it _is_ possible to change the lockscreen wallpaper, you need to go settings -> themes, that's where I found it. Good luck!

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
New ROM:

cm-11-20150625-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip
(md5sum: 8cebac1ec55360b2781c92d7cc21dfb9)

This should fix:
  • Sensors (hardware rotation)
  • USB-OTG / mounting SD-Card
  • (Hopefully) autobrightness
Remaining issues:
  • Hardware rotation lock button not working
  • Wifi-p2p
  • Some insignificant bluesleep thingie
  • SELinux still in permissive mode (ought to be restrictive)
Happy testing :)

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
New ROM:

cm-11-20150625-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip
(md5sum: 8cebac1ec55360b2781c92d7cc21dfb9)

This should fix:
  • Sensors (hardware rotation)
  • USB-OTG / mounting SD-Card
  • (Hopefully) autobrightness
Remaining issues:
  • Hardware rotation lock button not working
  • Wifi-p2p
  • Some insignificant bluesleep thingie
  • SELinux still in permissive mode (ought to be restrictive)
Happy testing :)
Wonderful!
Another issue I found is some specific app cannot be launch( no response when I click on them), even on the newest version. Can we get the reason via logcat?
For example, app: com.taobao.etao-1.apk. You can download it from here:
http://www.etao.com/go/act/phone/download.php
Thanks!

partyhead

Feb 14, 2015
Hello . tried new version. thank you!
gps working, but not so good as in 4.2 . show 12 satelites in view , 2 in use.
but its not so important . if have free time , could check

first bug what i found - i installed game hay day. and there are no buttons to come back or exit application
i mean 3 buttons on a buttom. - return , home and show running apps. dont know only for this game or not
so problem to come back from full screen