[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015
If you like, you can download gapps for Android 4.4.4 for this rom. I'd say just Google for gapps KitKat and you should find plenty links. Good luck!!

That's what I did and it worked fine.
Had to restore my MCL0201 ROM to recover DATA for games!!! Will have to try it again, but try and fine someway to keep my games Data. If I can do that I will be delighted.....

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
That's what I did and it worked fine.
Had to restore my MCL0201 ROM to recover DATA for games!!! Will have to try it again, but try and fine someway to keep my games Data. If I can do that I will be delighted.....
Have you tried titanium backup pro?

Another thing you can try is to go to recovery, backup your MCL0201 rom, install kitkat, do factory reset, install gapps, reboot, then reboot to recovery again, and do an advanced restore of MCL0201, selecting _only_ the data partition.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Something else--I've been plodding on with the kernel, and I have a bit of result after having mostly brought net/wireless, include/net and include/linux/nl80211.h to the exact same version as Google's grouper kitkat source. Now I can connect with my smartphone with wifidirect. Don't know whether I've introduced other issues. The hardest thing was teasing out all the strange Lenovo additions to the bcmdhd source. Apparently they introduced a lot of needless cruft?!?

There's still some kernel things that I might be able to improve (bluesleep and config). After that, I hope to upload a new version, with working p2p and bluesleep.

*EDIT* Now I lost deep sleep... Sigh

Last edited:

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1436666579079.png

Is that normal, battery consumption for Android OS is 68%?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
View attachment 13567
Is that normal, battery consumption for Android OS is 68%?
Depends on the device, but definitely abnormal for A2109. What ROM is that? If it's @DBlake's pac-rom or my CM11, there's a battery drain bug when wifi is *off*. Turn on wifi and there shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, I suggest wiping cache and dalvik cache. If that doesn't work, try a factory reset.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks, it's your rom cm11.
After fully charged, the battery dropped from 100% to 76% just after 6 hours without any use.
I will try your recommendations.

uploadfromtaptalk1436726243706.png

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Yes, battery drain is caused by the wifi powered off. Any fix yet for this?
Thanks,

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I wish this could help.
It should, if I could actually code. Unfortunately, I'm more a builder than an actual developer, which means that a driver problem like this is quite beyond my competence.

In terms of priorities, I'd first like to try and fix wifi direct and bluesleep. Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the process. And otherwise, I might sooner try Lollipop or AOSP KitKat than fixing this bug.

For faster progress, we need someone who can actually code, preferably a kernel developer.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Whoa! Just to be sure--I'm currently NOT working on Lollipop! I really want to try and fix wifi-direct. In fact, I have it working but not without battery drain. And I really would like to fix bluesleep. Only _after_ these two issues are fixed (or after I've given up on them) will I move forward, *possibly* with Lollipop, or otherwise with AOSP KitKat.

Incidentally, I hear that Nexus 7 grouper is suffering from severe lags on Lollipop and I have no indication that A2109 will do any better.