[ROM][5.1.1] AOSP-5.1.1 / CM-12.1 for Lenovo a2109 (20160901)

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I am testing both ROMs on my 2 A2109 and on both of them CM11 working well but I have some freezing problem on both tablet with CM12.1.

When I have more then one apps open on CM12.1 it seem that the problem arrise. I didn't notice this problem whit only one app open... Strange

Mister X

Feb 11, 2016
I use this ROM for daily and i can confirm, the ROM sometimes freez. Sometimes i must do a hardreset 10 sec press off button because nothing goes more. I test other launcher ( nova) but same thing sometimes freez.All other works fine i think

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hmmm... I'm not sure what freezes I can confirm. I had a lot of freezes after changing most grouper proprietary libraries to jelly bean 4.3 versions (unsuccessful experimenting with Skype videocalling support), which apparently went away after removing all trebuchet cache data....

I'm waiting for @Hogi61 to test the kernel that I put online, and then I'll do a new build with a kernel security fix added. After that, I plan to revert to stock libraries, not grouper libraries, to see if I can fix the camera that way, perhaps including video conferencing...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hey @Mister X , do you perhaps have the same brightness problem that @Hogi61 reported? That is, does your screen also turn off when you select the lowest brightness setting? If so, then please test this kernel to see whether that solves it.

Mister X

Feb 11, 2016
Sorry i fix it in the 9714 with gravitybox, if i have time i will format and new install and test this kernel but i am not at home so it will take some days.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Sorry i fix it in the 9714 with gravitybox, if i have time i will format and new install and test this kernel but i am not at home so it will take some days.
Okay, I can wait a few days :)

I can fix this in the device tree, but then I can't run A2109 on its lowest allowed brightness setting, so I thought of a kernel fix instead. Which would also remove the need for the original fix in the device tree, making it cleaner.

Mister X

Feb 11, 2016
Hi PJ i am back at home.
My 9714 is dead, its not your ROM the Mainboard is broken, sorry i can't test the kernel or can i test it on the 2109?

Best regards X

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi PJ i am back at home.
My 9714 is dead, its not your ROM the Mainboard is broken, sorry i can't test the kernel or can i test it on the 2109?

Best regards X
Well, I'm afraid not, the fix was only for 9714. Sorry to hear your mainboard broke though! What's broken? The usb port? 'Cause that one's rather easy to fix...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Time for a new build. Still no luck with video conferencing. I'm rather sure that using grouper blobs will not make that work, so my next step will be to go back to stock blobs to see how far I get with those. I took a different fix for autobrightness this time around, that is simpler, and I fixed various kernel security issues. Also, Google security issues are included, so everybody's advised to update:

cm-12.1-20160424-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: a4d5c77725824ee6545c772c8f728e58)

As always, let me know about any bugs you find!

Incidentally, if you have problems with lag, I recommed wiping trebuchet data and cache, or even a full factory reset. After that, I couldn't replicate the issue.

Last edited:

Mister X

Feb 11, 2016
Hi PJ, the 9714 is dead at the first look nothing is broken, i am search what goes on.
Thanks for the new update i will install it now

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi PJ, the 9714 is dead at the first look nothing is broken, i am search what goes on.
Thanks for the new update i will install it now

Hmmm... What is the output when you plug in the device via usb? I hope it's not the dreaded apx mode? Just let me know for sure. Although, chances are indeed pretty slim that the rom still has a big problem, since over a hundred people are using it now.

Installation on 2109 without problems, autobrightness works. I will now test in daily use.

Thanks! In fact, I have a different test coming up, that includes video conferencing, so stay tuned :)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
New ROM - this time it's not using the grouper proprietary blobs combined with a camera binary hack, but the stock libraries with a hardware composer wrapper library. So, we're using JellyBean 4.1.1 blobs instead of Lollipop 5.1.1 ones, so some bugs ought to be expected. However, as of yet the only thing I know for sure is that we've lost all chances of ever being able to cast our screen over wifi. BUT! On the bright side -

I think that this fixes Skype videoconferencing, which brings us on feature parity with kitkat (finally, yet yay!).

SO, please test -
cm-12.1-20160425-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: 102f0182efcedbb108e0d7de0953a697).

Happy flashing!