[ROM][5.1.1] AOSP-5.1.1 / CM-12.1 for Lenovo a2109 (20160901)

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I had a message: IU system not responding, with the 0424 build. I had clear Trebuchet cache and data about 30 minutes before. It was working well for about 20 minutes with the same app running and when I try another app, that message appear.

Also, I was using a bluetooth headset to listen to audio and suddenly, The headset stop working and audio was comming out of the speaker of the tabler even with the bluetooth headset still connected.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I had a message: IU system not responding, with the 0424 build. I had clear Trebuchet cache and data about 30 minutes before. It was working well for about 20 minutes with the same app running and when I try another app, that message appear.

Hmm... Have you tried a full factory reset? I'm testing the 0425 build right now. I got the same message (I think) and I clicked wait instead of close, and that seemed to work.

The hard thing is that I can't really reproduce the issue an you 'd need logcat for anything useful. Also, I think the cause is somewhere in Google 's code, and that's mostly beyond my skills...

Also, I was using a bluetooth headset to listen to audio and suddenly, The headset stop working and audio was comming out of the speaker of the tabler even with the bluetooth headset still connected.

Aargh! A new problem after all this time!

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I still have lags and freezes with the 0424 build. I will install the 0425 build to see if i have the same problems

Envoyé de mon A2109A en utilisant Tapatalk

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
The 0425 build look like more stable than 0424. I still get some lags but a lot less. I had l'ost bluetooth audio like on the 0424 build...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
The 0425 build look like more stable than 0424. I still get some lags but a lot less. I had l'ost bluetooth audio like on the 0424 build...

Pas mal :)

I also have the impression that trebuchet launcher is not very smooth in lollipop. I'll be using it the coming week, and I already noticed that, with many apps open, it gets very slow. I also tried the Google now launcher, just for a few minute and that one seemed a lot smoother. I tested Bluetooth audio, but it just worked without problems...

By the way, you only have this launcher problem with one specific app? Or any app at all?

Thanks for testing 0425! It looks like I might deprecate kitkat of this one is good enough, now
that we're on feature parity.

Last edited:

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Bluetooth audio working well for about 1 hour without problem. I change app and it was working but suddenly i got somes lags and i lost bluetooth audio.
The headset was still connected but sounds get out trought the tablet speakers. I had to reboot for the headset work again.

Like you told, vraiment pas mal....

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@PJBrs, what ROM you recommend to flash 25.04 or 24.04. Now I am on 18.03 cm 12.1. What is more stable?

I expect the 24.04 build to be more stable, but 25.04 is feature complete and 24.04 isn't. Also, I've been running 25.04 for a couple of days now and I see no difference in stability.

By the way - I have a little surprise brewing, check here for a sneak peek:
Update local_manifest to include compatibility patches · PJBrs/android_device_lenovo_kai@d4222a0 · GitHub

By the way, it's not Marshmallow, but I do like it :)

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
AOSP build! This is as close to aosp as it gets - with a total of fifteen patches against Google's own source!

aosp_kai-ota-eng-5.1.1-LMY49J.zip (md5: 0faad3ec108c690534bf94799a92289f)

Small in enough to fit the opengapps micro package, with the Google Now launcher. Note that aosp requires a factory reset. Also note that aosp will normally overwrite your recovery, and it does not have root!

Please test this build and the 25.04 build of cm-12.1. Report any remaining problems. If nothing severe pops up, I'm deprecating the KitKat build to maintain only the Lollipop build.

And after that... Marshmallow!

Last edited:

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
AOSP build! This is as close to aosp as it gets - with a total of fifteen patches against Google's own source!

aosp_kai-ota-eng-5.1.1-LMY49J.zip (md5: 0faad3ec108c690534bf94799a92289f)

Small in enough to fit the opengapps micro package, with the Google Now launcher. Note that aosp requires a factory reset.

Please test this build and the 25.04 build of cm-12.1. Report any remaining problems. If nothing severe pops up, I'm deprecating the KitKat build to maintain only the Lollipop build.

And after that... Marshmallow!
I installed and try the AOSP build and i found it even more stable than the cm12.1 0425 build. From now on, i didn't had any big problem.
I had just install cm-12.1-20160424-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip without any problem and I will test it all week.

Next week I will install cm-12.1-20160425-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip and test it also for 1 week.

I will get back with any problem I will found.

Thank you @PJBrs

Pas mal :)

I also have the impression that trebuchet launcher is not very smooth in lollipop. I'll be using it the coming week, and I already noticed that, with many apps open, it gets very slow. I also tried the Google now launcher, just for a few minute and that one seemed a lot smoother. I tested Bluetooth audio, but it just worked without problems...

By the way, you only have this launcher problem with one specific app? Or any app at all?

Thanks for testing 0425! It looks like I might deprecate kitkat of this one is good enough, now
that we're on feature parity.

@PJBrs, what ROM you recommend to flash 25.04 or 24.04. Now I am on 18.03 cm 12.1. What is more stable?

jeremy6652

May 9, 2015
I'm back!
So I just installed the AOSP build and it didn't install Gapps with it.

Also my recovery won't work anymore, I did a factory reset as you said and wiped data and cache before installing the update. Now I only get the robot background when I try to boot into recovery but no menu or something.

I also can't connect my tablet to my computer right now because the data lines of my last working micro USB cable are broken now too... :mad:
At least my replacement cable should arrive tuesday so I can get you some more informations then!

Oh and is there any way I can install my Gapps zip without access to the recovery? Or at least get the Play Store running? APKs (oh wonder) won't work. :confused:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I'm back!
So I just installed the AOSP build and it didn't install Gapps with it.

Also my recovery won't work anymore, I did a factory reset as you said and wiped data and cache before installing the update. Now I only get the robot background when I try to boot into recovery but no menu or something.

I also can't connect my tablet to my computer right now because the data lines of my last working micro USB cable are broken now too... :mad:
At least my replacement cable should arrive tuesday so I can get you some more informations then!

Oh and is there any way I can install my Gapps zip without access to the recovery? Or at least get the Play Store running? APKs (oh wonder) won't work. :confused:
Welcome back!

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for your new cable - aosp is not rooted, not rootable, and it apparently overwrites recovery. I've added a warning about that in my above post. Also, it unfortunately is impossible to install gapps without recovery...

Mister X

Feb 11, 2016
AOSP is very stable as PJ say attention the recovery will overwrite, after install you must rename the file Install-recovery.sh in bak or remove it. Then you can install cw recovery again from your PC.
I install pico mini gaps and root with supersu.zip without problems.
All work fine without lags or freezes.​

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
AOSP is very stable as PJ say attention the recovery will overwrite, after install you must rename the file Install-recovery.sh in bak or remove it. Then you can install cw recovery again from your PC.
I install pico mini gaps and root with supersu.zip without problems.
All work fine without lags or freezes.​

It worked also for me but I used UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip instead and install it in ClockWorkMod. I rename the file "recovery-from-boot.p" in the \SYSTEM\ folder to .bak and now I keep my CWM recovery and I have full acces to root.

jeremy6652

May 9, 2015
So, my replacement cables just arrived.
I installed TWRP now and installed the AOSP build again. This time I installed the SuperSU zip posted by @joebine and the nano GApps right with it.
The "recovery-from-boot.p" file was already renamed to .bak when I looked for it.

So far its running great, and smoother than CM or Stock. And we have Root! yay!

I also noticed that when I installed the ROM the first time I got no welcome screen or anything, it just threw me into the homescreen...