[ROM][5.1.1] AOSP-5.1.1 / CM-12.1 for Lenovo a2109 (20160901)

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Good to hear!

What's the problem with "all 4 channel 4"? Can you perhaps get logcat?

All 4 complains "we do not support rooted devices". Yet every other app says it's not rooted, and i didn't install superuser - maybe cus the the loader is unlocked?

it's not a well regarded app anyway, it's just their programming uses drm, so there is no kodi plug in.

themercenery

Jul 27, 2016
Is this rootable? Because I just got it and if not I'm going to downgrade to the 4.4 rom. But I can't downgrade to the 4.4 rom because its not rootable.

Attachments

• root.JPG
    root.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 348

Venom20

Aug 24, 2016
@DBlake
Guys, newbie here.
Took my tablet out of attic. Flashed recovery and aosp rom. The tablet remained on lenovo logo for 30 mins approx. Rebooted to recovery and factory reset and cache clear. Still same result. Restored back to mcl ics rom. Rom was flashed using recovery posted here. Kindly advise.

Regards

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
With Android 5.1.1 the new ART runtime requires that the apps be compiled prior to execution. This is because of ART being an "ahead of time" compiler. The older Dalvik runtime present in Android 4.4 and earlier was a "just in time" compiler, which meant the app was compiled the first time it was run rather than at device start.

The issue you're having is a lack of patience. Compiling all the apps in the ROM can easily take a half hour or more to complete.

JoseF91

Dec 4, 2015
@PJBrs Great work! thank you!
I installed AOSP yesterday (clean install) but I have 2 issues (I really don't know if both are bugs):
- Can't take screenshots
- When I plug the charger it doesn't detect that its charging (The charging icon don't appear and doesnt vibrate or sound or anything and in the battery option doesnt detect that is charging, or other apps). Look at the battery graphic... never detected it was charging, but it was...

Also took me hours to fully charge the tablet (like16 and I have to activate the battery saving mode, but still.). I don't know... could be my charger... Using CurrentWidget I get values (lowest brightness) between -1000mA (!) and -750mA only using browser, -550mA and - 350mA whit the screen on but no use, 0 and -380 screen off without charging. When charging (original charger, but a bit old) I get around +425mA with battery saver mode on and the screen off. I used a low quiality 2A charger and it was almost the same. I don't know whats going on with that.

Anyways! Thankyou! It's much faster!

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 503

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Hello,
Finally installed AOSP last build and it's fast and smooth, I have an issue about the physical rotation lock, switching it causes weird thing, a pop up notification keeps appearing CONTINUOUSLY
'' Display rotatoin locked'' and ''Display rotation unlocked''. Even after I restart the tablet, it doesn't disappear.
Also I couldn't find the Restart option within the power off menu?
Thanks,

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
AOSP doesn't have that option. In CM, you need to activate it in the developer options.

@jam97 : I think you might have a problem with the wiring of the button itself? Looks like a physical problem to me...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@PJBrs Great work! thank you!
I installed AOSP yesterday (clean install) but I have 2 issues (I really don't know if both are bugs):
- Can't take screenshots
- When I plug the charger it doesn't detect that its charging (The charging icon don't appear and doesnt vibrate or sound or anything and in the battery option doesnt detect that is charging, or other apps). Look at the battery graphic... never detected it was charging, but it was...

Also took me hours to fully charge the tablet (like16 and I have to activate the battery saving mode, but still.). I don't know... could be my charger... Using CurrentWidget I get values (lowest brightness) between -1000mA (!) and -750mA only using browser, -550mA and - 350mA whit the screen on but no use, 0 and -380 screen off without charging. When charging (original charger, but a bit old) I get around +425mA with battery saver mode on and the screen off. I used a low quiality 2A charger and it was almost the same. I don't know whats going on with that.

Anyways! Thankyou! It's much faster!
Ehmmmm.... Well, that's weird??? I don't remember any such problem. Then again, I haven't tried AOSP in a long time. Can't help you right now...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@Traveller
3 Hours and the tablet is stuck on lenovo logo. Any suggestions???
Hmmm... Not really. Might be that you still have the old bootloader? First try to install the latest MCL rom again. That one should contain the bootloader. Then Install my latest cyanogenmod or TWRP, and then my latest ROM. Make sure you clear cache and dalvik cache. SHOULD work. I know there's some more detailed instructions for this else in this thread. Good Luck!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
New CM-12.1 build. Security fixes up to and including August 2016.

cm-12.1-20160914-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: 2a5444116855d8ba7753ed991965a2f7)

Note that I haven't updated AOSP in a while, and should be considered insecure (somewhat, though probably more secure thatn your average phone). It's very hard to maintain, much harder than CM. Also, I still have some hopes for kernel 3.4, and haven't given up on marshmallow. But that's too many projects at once, so I need some breakthrough somewhere.

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Here is some info about how to donate. Outdated though, I'm not collecting funds for replacing bricked boards any more, thankfully!!

Good luck, and welcome aboard!

Finally got around to a small donation, thanks for allowing me to resurrect my tablet