[ROM][5.1.1] AOSP-5.1.1 / CM-12.1 for Lenovo a2109 (20160901)

wambo0402

Sep 22, 2016
Hey guys!
First of all i would like to thank @PJBrs for the awesome work!
And now to my problem:
I flashed nearly every build posted in this thread, never had any problems. Last time i flashed the aosp rom and was really happy with it, so i stayed with this rom. Ran for months without any problem until today! I put the tablet on the charger last night and forgot to disconnect it before i went to sleep. And in the morning the tablet wouldnt turn on (i didnt turn it off to charge).
I know there was a brick problem when charging over night but i thought it wasnt an issue any more. Do i have to throw my tablet in the trash? Any ideas to revive it?
I hope you can help me.
Greets,
Wambo

wambo0402

Sep 22, 2016
Thanks for your quick reply!
You mean by pressing "Power"+"volume down" or "volume up"? If i Do this nothing happens

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Try to push down and hold the power button for over 20 seconds and then try to power on the tablet.

wambo0402

Sep 22, 2016
Thanks for you help @joebine!
I dont know why, but when i tried to hold the Power Button for over 20s like you said, it turned on After 5s or so. Like everytime before this Day.
Hopefully it stays this way :)

JoseF91

Dec 4, 2015
Hi. Update here!

I changed from AOSP to the last CM12 and I have almost no problems. Its sooo much stable (for me at least). Charging its fixed also. Thanks so much @PJBrs
Only have found some minor bugs:
1-Sometimes it says that System or that User Interface procecess are taking to much (obviously if you click close on it... welll you have to restart or it just restarts) :p .
2-Some other times the screen turn off like a seccond. It happens when it have to change brightness and its loaded, but just some times, and whe it turns back on the brightness has changed.
3-And the last thing: If you change the config to 200dpi the screen config changes (the menu to the right) and Swiftkey keyboard start working in fullscreen only if you are using it on landscape mode. When you change it back to 160dpi the menu returns to its place, but without the original fourth slot and the margins are wider so the icons are smaller. It doesnt revert rebooting or wiping cache or dalvik.
Not a big deal , just telling everybody so you make a backup befor playing with this config. :)

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Hi,
Is it ok to do a dirty flash, CM over AOSP?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi,
Is it ok to do a dirty flash, CM over ASOP?
Thanks
I have no idea. What do you mean with dirty flash? I suppose that you should wipe cache and dalvik cache. I think the installer wipes system anyway.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
I meant that I have already installed last AOSP and want to flash CM12 over it without wiping anything, will it work normally?

jeremy6652

May 9, 2015
Just do a full backup from recovery and try it out. If something goes wrong you can just restore the backup.
Also wipe cache since cache wiping shouldn't result in data loss anyway.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
For people who tried both CM and AOSP, which one is the fastest and most stable, please?

JoseF91

Dec 4, 2015
I don't agree at all (sorry @PJBrs , I knew you developed both but I really REALLY THINK CM12 is better in almost everything ...or at least equal to. Anyways CM12 is better in my oppinnion. But try them both and tell us what works better for you @jam97

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
I've tried both roms and found that AOSP is much better, faster than CM12. On the other hand CM12 has more customization.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
@PJBrs
I have an odd issue, some folder contents do not appear in the PC Windows 10 Explorer, others don't appear at all.
Pls find the attached pics.

Also the recent app doesn't have the end all botton.
The setting in the Internet Explorer gives FC.

AOSP last build.

Thank you so much,

e25cc852e846a0d648a402f7f7d574e7.jpg

I has a folder named ''Folder'' as in the above pic.

1014630791498c65324e33e1bab71811.jpg

Here in the Windows Explorer it shows that folder as as symbols and INACCESSIBLE!!

Last edited: