[ROM][5.1.1] AOSP-5.1.1 / CM-12.1 for Lenovo a2109 (20160901)

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I have an odd issue, some folder contents do not appear in the PC Windows 10 Explorer, others don't appear at all.
Pls find the attached pics.

Do you have, in Windows, activated the option to see hidden folders?

digitalj

Oct 18, 2016
I'm having a problem downloading the mods (both Cyanogenmod & AOSP) is the server down?
I've been trying for the last 24 hours. All I get is:

This site can’t be reached
floorenpj.xs4all.nl refused to connect.

Can I access these mods from somewhere else?

Gmlenovo445

Oct 23, 2016
When I try to flash this ROM it says that it is for model KAI, this model is A2109a. Am I doing something wrong?
Using clockwork recovery.
Edit: if anybody comes across this problem I needed to flash a newer version of clockwork mod recovery

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I'm having a problem downloading the mods (both Cyanogenmod & AOSP) is the server down?
I've been trying for the last 24 hours. All I get is:

This site can’t be reached
floorenpj.xs4all.nl refused to connect.

Can I access these mods from somewhere else?
Ehmm... That would be me :) Sorry!

I messed with profiles and that apparently did some harm... Should be up again!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Status update - I'm currently focussing on Marshmallow. I've come to the point that it accepts the kernel but it doesn't boot to a graphical environment ("Waiting for surfaceflinger"). I'm pretty sure it's something to do with NVidia's blobs, as well as me doing to many things at once. Will take some more time, keep you posted.

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Status update - I'm currently focussing on Marshmallow. I've come to the point that it accepts the kernel but it doesn't boot to a graphical environment ("Waiting for surfaceflinger"). I'm pretty sure it's something to do with NVidia's blobs, as well as me doing to many things at once. Will take some more time, keep you posted.
I really hope you can get it running, the use of sd card as ram in marshmellow is a must!
keep up the good work!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I really hope you can get it running, the use of sd card as ram in marshmellow is a must!
keep up the good work!
Can you give some more information about using sd-card as ram? I didn't know about this.

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016

Gmlenovo445

Oct 23, 2016
You can partition the SD card to be used as swap on rooted Roms, which might be beneficial on this tablet.
I will try later tonight and see how it does

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Just for your info -

I tried a lot of getting the tablet to boot with stock libs, but no juice (yet?). Tried grouper libs and just saw tablet boot Marshmallow for the first time :)
.... EDIT ....

I just found that all the handy compatibility patches that used to be part of cyanogenmod are gone.... GRRRRRRRR!!!!! Still need some more work for marshmallow.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I'm making small progress. I now can get the proprietary libs to load, the boot animation pops up, but then I get:

Code:
GraphicBufferMapper: FATAL: can't find the gralloc module

*** EDIT ***

Fixed that one as well. Still, get lots of surfaceflinger crashes on gralloc now, audio doesn't seem to work. Unusable. WIP!

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Witch kernel are you using for Marshmallow?
3.4. So I also need a way to disable hardware overlays permanently :)

Progress has stalled a bit. I can't get audio to work. Also, I'm running into an issue that I first encountered with lollipop - I can't take screenshots the normal way, and I think that's the root cause of the surfaceflinger crashes I'm seeing. I did apply a patch that should work around the issue, but somehow it's not working... (Sth. with mheap screenshots.)

Of course, a simple way around this would be to use grouper lollipop proprietary blobs. But then we'll run into the issue of not being able to use Skype and such, so if possible I'd really like to use the stock blobs. Also, it wouldn't fix audio, so there...

Other bits todo:
  • Fix power hal
  • Fix bluetooth audio
  • Check whether GPS is still working
  • Selinux
  • Camera crashes on switching cameras

Last edited:

LZ_

Jan 27, 2013
big thankyou to PJBrs for his excellent work! CM12.1 works fine and flawless!
Just installed and the Lenovo is almost new ;-)