[ROM][5.1.1] AOSP-5.1.1 / CM-12.1 for Lenovo a2109 (20160901)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I was thinking more of an Ubuntu Tablet/Touch port. It only requires an Android device tree (I think) to port, as well as some other patches. Since you build android and have Kitkat fully functional (their tree is based on 4.4.2), it shouldn't be that difficult to port. See here: Porting to a new device | Ubuntu developer portal

PS: The linux4tegra project does seem very interesting though, I have to say.

Watch out though, if my hunch about that EMMC firmware bug is correct, then you might need a patched kernel first. Also, I think you need a different kernel config that uses the tegra V4L2 camera interface instead of the stock tegra camera interface. V4L2 patches are included in my new kernel but not in the KitKat kernel. By the way, what do you think of my hypothesis above?

PPS: The SD card port got buggered up when I opened the device up so the SD card port no longer works and I'm not about to open it back up to make any more issues.

Ah, sorry to hear you broke the sd card port.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Here's a bit of an advisory for everybody, to update your KitKat installation. If my suspicions are correct, the previous KitKat build I made is susceptible to bricking, albeit way less than lollipop, but at least more so than stock, which, however, does include the same potential problem. I know this is the lollipop thread, but it seems prudent to point everyone to the latest KitKat build here as well. NOTE - FIRST install the recovery. Assuming I'm right, then the solution is in the latest kernel I built, which is part of the recovery image to. All the more reason to first upgrade recovery.

Recovery:
cwm-6.0.5.1-20160129-UNOFFICIAL-kai.img (md5: d0a094dac037d772a9fa0003b0567e55)

KitKat (Cyanogenmod-11):
cm-11-20160129-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: 73e6757933a16b998023126bb3db0256)

Last edited:

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Here's a bit of an advisory for everybody, to update your KitKat installation. If my suspicions are correct, the previous KitKat build I made is susceptible to bricking, albeit way less than lollipop, but at least more so than stock, which, however, does include the same potential problem. I know this is the lollipop thread, but it seems prudent to point everyone to the latest KitKat build here as well. NOTE - FIRST install the recovery. Assuming I'm right, then the solution is in the latest kernel I built, which is part of the recovery image to. All the more reason to first upgrade recovery.

Recovery:
cwm-6.0.5.1-20160129-UNOFFICIAL-kai.img (md5: d0a094dac037d772a9fa0003b0567e55)

KitKat (Cyanogenmod-11):
cm-11-20160129-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: 73e6757933a16b998023126bb3db0256)
Updated,seems this kernel is very good.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
So PJ should I update my recovery too since 5.1 runs fine on my tablet already?
Yeah, I think so. Also, you and I are running higher risks with lollipop, so I hope to give you a new boot image soon. Don't leave the tablet on the charger overnight.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I updated my kitkat with the new ROM and is working well. Waiting to test the lolipop rom.

jeremy6652

May 9, 2015
Kinda long time no see, is there anything new PJ?

BTW: I updated my cwm, am I fine now to leave the tablet on the charger over night? And if no is there a known time that counts as "night" and is it fine if I leave it off and charge it?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I have a new build, no video playback though. I'll be in touch hopefully later today.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Bad news guys, My tablet is dead.

It looks like the internal drive is not working anymore.
I can boot to fastboot but that's all. No CWM or Recovery.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014

Oh dear, that better be a coincidence... Just for the record, what's the output of:

Code:
$ fastboot -i 0x17ef boot cwm-6.0.5.1-20160129-UNOFFICIAL-kai.img

By the way, sorry to hear it, @joebine!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
General note, I'm not liking the current situation one bit. I very much hope that I fixed the original brick problem, and I hope even more that @joebine's brick is a matter of coincidence. I did complete a fairly good lollipop build though, that includes the kernel fix for the MAG2GA emmc brick bug. It includes video playing after I fixed a stupid mistake somewhere. I'm not very happy with the kernel, but okay. I'm waiting a couple of days before I'm sending it to those who wish to test, because I want to wait and see whether any unexpected KitKat issues pop up.They shouldn't, but then again, they did. Like I said, these need to be coincidences. Also, that might give me some time to redo my l4t kernel work on an earlier nvidia branch, and use that for lollipop.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013

Same as mine, I can boot to fastboot but can't flash anything.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk