[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Unfortunately I'm using Win10, but the cmd shell has a "find" option. This didn't find "aux" when i used the adb pull command. Do I need to use Linux and YMMV?
Oh I really know very little about windows. And by Linux, in this case, I mean android, so I mean your tablet. If you do adb shell, you end up in a standard linux command line, very similar to the one on my linux laptop. YMMV == Your Mileage May Vary ;-)

On to the problem at hand. You need to find the string "aux" in the file tiny_hw.xml. After you do adb pull tiny_hw.xml it should be in the directory from which you issued the adb pull command. Then you can open it. Does windows still have notepad? That might work.

But perhaps it's easiest to do it all from the linux commandline, as follows. Please try once more from a root shell on your tablet, like so:
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell

For your information, now you're logged into your tablet, via adb, to a linux command line.

And then you issue:
Code:
nano /etc/tiny_hw.xml

This opens the tiny_hw.xml file in a text editor. Navigate your cursor to the end of the file to find the line you need to change. Alternatively, use nano's search function, as follows: <ctrl + o>. After this command, type your search term, in this case, "aux" and hit enter. This should get you to the right line.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
... and this is what it *should* look like (see attached file).

Attachments

• tiny_hw.xml.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 292

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
.... one last thing... You can also try by simply uploading the above file, tiny_hw.xml.txt to your tablet. Open your windows shell and go to the directory in which you saved the file. Then issue:
Code:
adb push tiny_hw.xml.txt /etc/tiny_hw.xml

Good luck!

Oh, and don't forget to reboot before trying again :)

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015
.... one last thing... You can also try by simply uploading the above file, tiny_hw.xml.txt to your tablet. Open your windows shell and go to the directory in which you saved the file. Then issue:
Code:
adb push tiny_hw.xml.txt /etc/tiny_hw.xml

Good luck!

Oh, and don't forget to reboot before trying again :)

That works. HDMI video output with sound....
Its probably my lack of knowledge, and your patience, understanding, and second guessing that made that a successful but long process. Glad I could help, with a little prompting.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
That works. HDMI video output with sound....
Its probably my lack of knowledge, and your patience, understanding, and second guessing that made that a successful but long process. Glad I could help, with a little prompting.
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS MAN!

Alright, we have a working open source audio HAL :cool:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014

Yeah, well, I also just noticed that at least one of my instructions contained an error --> nano search function is not <ctrl + o> but <ctrl + w>. Anyway, you're reminding me of my own first forays into linux and how it can be confusing. Not because it is difficult, but because some simple fundamentals are really confusing if you're not used to them. And, opening a root shell via adb is not for everybody, haha! So, all in all, well done, my compliments!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@joebine, @stueymc, how are your batteries doing? Charging all the way up to 100%, also with a 2A charger?

I'm not yet publishing the build with the open source audio hal because I would very much like to know also whether the new battery kernel driver doesn't give any problems.

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
Hi @PJBrs , i am back on track :)
I flash latest rom (28.03), it is realy very fast and smooth.
I used original charger 2A, 100% level ok, deep sleep ok.
Find some bugs:
- auto brightness not work at all;
- sometimes when i turn on screen i find something like low fps, but when turn off screen and on again problem has gone.

Big thanks for developing,
sorry for my English:rolleyes:

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015
@joebine, @stueymc, how are your batteries doing? Charging all the way up to 100%, also with a 2A charger?

I'm not yet publishing the build with the open source audio hal because I would very much like to know also whether the new battery kernel driver doesn't give any problems.

Only getting back now. The battery does charge all the way. I wasn't using the proper Lenovo charger - I'll try it with that next. How long should I get with a full charge in standby, assuming the deep sleep feature works? Or do I just need to keep an eye on it and report back? I did notice that from the last time I messaged you, until yesterday at some stage the battery was empty(tablet shut down). Also is there any way to put the battery bar on % so its easier to see.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Only getting back now. The battery does charge all the way. I wasn't using the proper Lenovo charger - I'll try it with that next. How long should I get with a full charge in standby, assuming the deep sleep feature works? Or do I just need to keep an eye on it and report back? I did notice that from the last time I messaged you, until yesterday at some stage the battery was empty(tablet shut down). Also is there any way to put the battery bar on % so its easier to see.

Depending of the battery level, it could take up to 4 to 6 hours to recharge it full. Note that if the battery when out and you try to recharge it without being power up, the test is not good. It has to be on deepsleep for this test.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi @PJBrs , i am back on track :)
I flash latest rom (28.03), it is realy very fast and smooth.
I used original charger 2A, 100% level ok, deep sleep ok.
Find some bugs:
- auto brightness not work at all;
- sometimes when i turn on screen i find something like low fps, but when turn off screen and on again problem has gone.

Big thanks for developing,
sorry for my English:rolleyes:

Hi, welcome back!

I thought the sensors were not functioning, but they seem okay to me, no problem actually. I can't reproduce the issue. Regarding the FPS thing, I noticed it too, but it's the only drawback from a change that otherwise has only advantages.

In fact, I've build UnlegacyAndroid AOSP with only *two* compatibility patches! Some small bugs left, but that's all ;-)

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Hi, welcome back!

I thought the sensors were not functioning, but they seem okay to me, no problem actually. I can't reproduce the issue. Regarding the FPS thing, I noticed it too, but it's the only drawback from a change that otherwise has only advantages.

In fact, I've build UnlegacyAndroid AOSP with only *two* compatibility patches! Some small bugs left, but that's all ;-)
Hi,
So will we have this AOSP soon?
One thing this thread proves is how we are forced by companies to continually change hardware when it's not needed. Same as my ASUS x58L pc running windows 10. Not the fastest, but does the job.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi,
So will we have this AOSP soon?
One thing this thread proves is how we are forced by companies to continually change hardware when it's not needed. Same as my ASUS x58L pc running windows 10. Not the fastest, but does the job.
I'm working on it, but the folks over at unlegacy demand higher standards than mine :) Still, I have full functionality now and I think I'm ready to merge most of my code. Remains to be seen what they think though ;)