[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Heres a text file with the commands issued in the requested order - the adb logcat grep tiny doesn't work (grep is not recognised,etc, etc.). All the results in the text file look the same, did I do it wrong?
Don't reinstall yet.

Can you please connect hdmi again and start a movie or something. Now open a root shell to the device again (adb root; adb shell) and, while the video is playing, try:

Code:
tinymix 0 1

And then issue the tinymix command one more time, without arguments.

Thanks!!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
tinymix 0 1 gives an "error Invalid Value" message.
Damn that's weird...

Can you please try the original rom that works? I need to see what the stock audio blob does here...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Yeah, I don't think you should have any problem. Just don't forget to reinstall gapps as well.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Some more ideas for testing. Your speakers should give sound from the following command:
Code:
tinyplay /system/media/audio/notifications/bootsound.wav -D 1

Now connect an HDMI device, and try it like this:
Code:
tinyplay /system/media/audio/notifications/bootsound.wav -D 0 -d 3

Your HDMI device should play the same sound.

This should work on both the old and the new rom.

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015
Damn that's weird...

Can you please try the original rom that works? I need to see what the stock audio blob does here...

Here is the output from the older ROM. "tinymix 0 1" still gives an error, but there is a difference in the output when HDMI is plugged in, and a video is playing. And the sound works when output on HDMI

Attachments

• older rom tinymix results.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 271

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015
Some more ideas for testing. Your speakers should give sound from the following command:
Code:
tinyplay /system/media/audio/notifications/bootsound.wav -D 1

Now connect an HDMI device, and try it like this:
Code:
tinyplay /system/media/audio/notifications/bootsound.wav -D 0 -d 3

Your HDMI device should play the same sound.

This should work on both the old and the new rom.

Was too busy doing the reports to notice this. Don't think the first command generated an output. But the second command definitely generated a sound via HDMI

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Here you go, this is my most recent build:

lineage-13.0-20170328-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip
(MD5: f9609bdae50b565324c8d893dd25ad73)

I install and test this build yesterday. The tablet was full charge and I test it for 1.5 hours without any major problem, it was fast and stable. I left the tablet at 71% battery going to deep sleep over night and WE GOT DEEP SLEEP... this mornig, it was at 69%.

I Test bluetooth audio, headset with mic, and it is working. I had lost 1 time audio headset and I had to put off bluetooth and on again and the headset came back on.

I had also the same problem I had in the past, when an app is open and the screen saver went on after 1 minute without using the tablet, after only 30 second on screen saver, when I wake the tablet, the app has a black screen and then close with the message: "the application has stop working: close?"

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Here is the output from the older ROM. "tinymix 0 1" still gives an error, but there is a difference in the output when HDMI is plugged in, and a video is playing. And the sound works when output on HDMI

OK, great. This means that the "tinymix 0 1" bit really was a red herring. Also, now we know what the device config _should_ be like.

Was too busy doing the reports to notice this. Don't think the first command generated an output. But the second command definitely generated a sound via HDMI

On the old rom, right? I'm going to have to ask you one more time to switch to the new rom. Helped by your testing, I have developed a few more hypotheses. I think that the problem is in the cofiguration file, /etc/tiny_hw.xml .

On the new rom, get a shell as follows:
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell

This gives you a shell with the system partition mounted read-write. Then fire up a text-editor to change the config:

Code:
nano /etc/tiny_hw.xml

Note - you save a file with the key combination <ctrl +o>

Find the following line, almost at the bottom of the file:
Code:
<device name="aux" alsa_card="0" alsa_device="3">

and replace "aux" with "hdmi":
Code:
<device name="hdmi" alsa_card="0" alsa_device="3">

Then test hdmi. If it doesn't work, find the output (again) for tinymix while hdmi connected and video playing. Also retry the tinyplay command that gave sound over hdmi earlier.

I had also the same problem I had in the past, when an app is open and the screen saver went on after 1 minute without using the tablet, after only 30 second on screen saver, when I wake the tablet, the app has a black screen and then close with the message: the application has stop working: close?

Hmmm... It actually justs sounds like the out-of-memory manager is killing your app...?

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015
OK, great. This means that the "tinymix 0 1" bit really was a red herring. Also, now we know what the device config _should_ be like.

On the old rom, right? I'm going to have to ask you one more time to switch to the new rom. Helped by your testing, I have developed a few more hypotheses. I think that the problem is in the cofiguration file, /etc/tiny_hw.xml .

Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell

This gives you a shell with the system partition mounted read-write. Then fire up a text-editor to change the config:

Code:
nano /etc/tiny_hw.xml

Code:

Code:

Then test hdmi. If it doesn't work, find the output (again) for tinymix while hdmi connected and video playing. Also retry the tinyplay command that gave sound over hdmi earlier.

Hmmm... It actually justs sounds like the out-of-memory manager is killing your app...?

That will have to wait til tomorrow. I'll let you know.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
That will have to wait til tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Looking forward to it. Thanks very much for the testing you did already!! I have a good feeling that we'll be able to figure this one out. On my device, this config change at least seems to make the HAL identify another audio device (I'm also testing myself, it's just that I broke my hdmi cable a couple of weeks ago, so I can't test the real thing.) Looking forward to your tests!

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015

Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell

Code:
nano /etc/tiny_hw.xml

Code:

Code:

Heres the output from "nan /etc/tiny_hw.xml" on the new ROM. I can't see the line you are looking for. I have run the commands with no file running, and no HDMI plugged in.

Attachments

• tiny_hw xml.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 307

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Heres the output from "nan /etc/tiny_hw.xml" on the new ROM. I can't see the line you are looking for. I have run the commands with no file running, and no HDMI plugged in.
Hmmm... Perhaps I should you give you a little bit more introduction to the joys of using the linux command line :) Nano is a command line text editor that is included in lineage. For a command line editor, it is very easy to use (YMMV). You can use the error keys and PgUp / PgDn for navigation. You can also use <ctrl + w> to enter a search term, such as aux. I'm fairly certain that this will get you straight to the line you need to change.

Hope this helps! By the way, if you'd rather do this in your own text editor of choice, you can download the file as follows:
Code:
adb pull /etc/tiny_hw.xml

You can put it back with:
Code:
adb push tiny_hw.xml /etc/

Good luck!

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015
Unf
Hmmm... Perhaps I should you give you a little bit more introduction to the joys of using the linux command line :) Nano is a command line text editor that is included in lineage. For a command line editor, it is very easy to use (YMMV). You can use the error keys and PgUp / PgDn for navigation. You can also use <ctrl + w> to enter a search term, such as aux. I'm fairly certain that this will get you straight to the line you need to change.

Hope this helps! By the way, if you'd rather do this in your own text editor of choice, you can download the file as follows:
Code:
adb pull /etc/tiny_hw.xml

You can put it back with:
Code:
adb push tiny_hw.xml /etc/
[/COD

Good luck![/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I'm using Win10, but the cmd shell has a "find" option. This didn't find "aux" when i used the adb pull command. Do I need to use Linux and YMMV?