[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
As both are v6.xx can you remind us why we would Install the unlegacy asop instead of the image on page 1?
Or is it a question of choice.

Thanks for all your work

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
As both are v6.xx can you remind us why we would Install the unlegacy asop instead of the image on page 1?
Or is it a question of choice.

Thanks for all your work
It's a matter of choice. Choice is good :)

I have the impression that unlegacy is faster / smoother than lineageos. Furthermore, the work that I've done with unlegacy should be so "universal", that it's almost trivial to use the necessary repo's from unlegacy to compile another custom rom. Instructions will follow (too tired right now). Relevant sources include:

GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/android_kernel_nvidia_tegra3
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/android_hardware_nvidia_tegra3
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/android_device_lenovo_a2109

And you'll need some vendor trees that you can find there as will (from the top of my head: broadcom, nvidia, lenovo and widevine). Those who know wat a local_manifest.xml does will know what to do ;)

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
OK!!! Those interested in nigh unadultered AOSP should find a nice treat over here:

Unlegacy Android - Downloads

This is unlegacy android. My sources are now included in their repositories, and marshmallow is included in their weekly build. Too much work to elaborate right now. Install as usual, but be sure to do a fully clean install if you upgrade from cyanogen / lineage or stock.

@scissors99 thanks for the coffee!

Well I gave it a go. I must have done something wrong.
I put the 195mb zip and the open gaps on my sd.
I booted to recovery.
wiped cache and dev cache.
installed both zipped images.
rebooted/
waited for all apps to be configured.
device absolutely slow, locked up.
rebooted.
exactly the same.

reinstalled lineageos. back to normal (thank God)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Well I gave it a go. I must have done something wrong.
I put the 195mb zip and the open gaps on my sd.
I booted to recovery.
wiped cache and dev cache.
installed both zipped images.
rebooted/
waited for all apps to be configured.
device absolutely slow, locked up.
rebooted.
exactly the same.

reinstalled lineageos. back to normal (thank God)
I'm afraid it takes a completely clean install (factory reset)...

Last edited:

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Still this UA build have these bugs,

* Sometimes seems to have very low framerate for a while... (REGRESSION)
* When connecting to usb while deep sleeping, it takes a long time for the device to wake up (REGRESSION)???

Thank you,

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016

* When connecting to usb while deep sleeping, it takes a long time for the device to wake up (REGRESSION)???

Thank you,

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
That sorted it!

Hmmm. All4 app back to complaining about rooted device. Oh well, you can 't have it all

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014

Yep, sorry to say they do. However, the very low framerate issue hardly ever occurs with the recent builds, and never lasts long. Usually just turn screen off an on again makes it go away.

The usb thing is a kernel issue. (In fact, I am afraid that it still is possible, albeit very hard, to cause a kernel crash by inserting a usb cable. I've seen it two or three times the past, maybe 7 months. And that's with loads of "adb reboot" with the usb cable attached ;-) .) The waiting time only occurs when the device is asleep. So, if screen is turned on, there's no problem. I don't know why, and it's so non-serious that I'm not fixing it.

So, these are very small issues that, in my opinion don't matter in the face of all the big improvements else (kernel 3.4, new blobs, all the marshmallow goodies). In fact, in my not so humble opinion, Unlegacy-Android performance is on par with stock, but then with more hardware support (wireless display, low-energy bluetooth, adoptable storage, ...) and way more open sources (power HAL, audio HAL, libstagefrighthw, tf_daemon). Lineage is not too far behind in terms of performance.

I've started building Nougat, but the build doesn't succeed with the measly 4GB of RAM that my build machine has. Also, the build takes about 4,5 hours on that machine, so I had to order some hardware. After that, I hope to have something to use in a couple of weeks. Aim: To have nougat working before Android O is released. Also, the last kernel security patches that I applied are from November. That's not too bad, but I wouldn't call it good.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Built-in files explorer doesn't allow me to install any apk, says ''can't open file'', also tried to download an apk file through the Internet browser but gives FC whenever download starts.
Recommended Gapps link please?
And how to root it?

Many thanks PJBrs, great job.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Built-in files explorer doesn't allow me to install any apk, says ''can't open file'', also tried to download an apk file through the Internet browser but gives FC whenever download starts.
And how to root it?

Many thanks PJBrs, great job.

The smallest gapps. (I always forget whether that's pico or nano, but it doesn't matter, only the smallest will install).
About rooting - I don't know. I never root.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
And how to root it?

If you want root, install SuperSU from recovery (Download) and you will get root access.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Hi,
Has anyone experienced none smooth video playback?

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi,
Has anyone experienced none smooth video playing?

That used to be a bug on Unlegacy, but I _think_ I fixed that one. Can you describe more precisely what happens?