[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

RoachTheHorse

Jun 29, 2017
The first time I flashed Unlegacy, the issue was present on any website with a video. Now that I think about it, I never checked what kind of embedded player was used on those websites. It certainly wasn't embedded YouTube videos. In my case, the video didn't ran at all. It played a couple of seconds and then froze. Skipping thru the video was not possible. But as said, since yesterday the problem seems to be gone. I'll test it more when I get home. I'll try it with a movie website (something like kinox or movie4k) to see if the issue is gone.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
The first time I flashed Unlegacy, the issue was present on any website with a video. Now that I think about it, I never checked what kind of embedded player was used on those websites. It certainly wasn't embedded YouTube videos. In my case, the video didn't ran at all. It played a couple of seconds and then froze. Skipping thru the video was not possible. But as said, since yesterday the problem seems to be gone. I'll test it more when I get home. I'll try it with a movie website (something like kinox or movie4k) to see if the issue is gone.

Thanks for testing! Did you have MXPlayer installed that first time as well? It shouldn't matter at all, but it would be nice to rule any strangeness out.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
I have Mx player installed, but it also has video playback glitch issue.

EDITE

It was installed without Tegra3 codec, after installing the codec, problem gone!(not totally)

Last edited:

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I also have MX player install and the video skip sometimes like @PJBrs told in a previous post like every 2 minutes.
I am running the Unlegacy ROM.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Okay, thanks for all the testing! I think I can fix the headphone issue (will take some time, not too long, am too swamped in work these days). I'll add a small try for the video playback, but it's a bit harder.

I've hit a snag with nougat, camera doesn't seem to work and I don't know why.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Can't wait! If you send a link for your Nougat build, I am more than happy to test it for you! :)
I'll do that as soon as I have the camera fixed. As of now, I think not having the camera results in an unbearable battery drain. In fact, I'll soon move back my testing tablet to marshmallow. Unfortunately, my son has installed some game on it that he needs to play ;)

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Unfortunately, my son has installed some game on it that he needs to play ;)

Ha Ha. Know what you mean. I have a nexus player that could do with a wipe, but my 5 year old grandson is half way through playing oceanhorn.

Regarding the video judder/stutter. I took some BBC I player downloads on a flight this week, I use spmc for video as you can turn audio up via a pre amp boost, and it looked almost like it was an interruption.

I also use spmc for streaming radio, and the same thing may be happening, ie every so often you can hear stall.

Still even with the problems it still made a 2 1/2 hour flight bearable.:)

RoachTheHorse

Jun 29, 2017
Since the video issue was happening when using Chrome, I tried using the default browser of the tablet. The experience was far better, smoother and reliable. For some reason, Chrome is really laggy on the tablet. That does not happen using the built in browser.
Regarding general performance, some times the thing hangs for a couple of seconds but then works without issues. AFAIK that is a known bug (regression?).

Reidless

Nov 14, 2016
Did someone say they were using TWRP as their recovery? If so, what version? I'm using CWM but wanted to try TWRP.

Last edited:

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Did someone say they were using TWRP as their recovery? If so, what version? I'm using CWM but wanted to try TWRP.
I'm using twrp-recovery-2.8.7.0-20160303.img

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk