How do you like this ROM?

• Love it, works well!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

toweliechaos

Mar 8, 2013
Another way to download large files is to set the screen timeout to 30 mins. That's usually enough time for me and that is how I do it.

The time thing is super weird. If it was an hour increment I would think it would be some time zone thing but 30 minutes? Weird.

You live in the US where the internet is something that exists for most people. I live in a rural area of the UK. We might as well be walking around still bowing to the passing Knights as we toil in the field, such is the crappity nature of rural 'broadband' speed. It would take all night for me to download your files at home, hence relying on work for downloads!

The time thing truly is off the chart. Any hour increment would be fine, but the random nature of the inaccuracy is properly odd. I'll see how the manual time thing goes.

egleuterio

Mar 15, 2013
@ egleuterio - Are you sure your SD card works? You can try the SD Formatter with the settings FULL (Overwrite) to reformat it. If that is not the problem you might have messed up your memory partitions somehow, you used the incorrect TWRP to flash the ROM or you didn't flash the correct stock firmware first. The first thing to try would be to re-flash the stock ROM using the double flash / double 3wipes method and make sure you use the stock recovery that comes with it.

• wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + wipe media partition (so called 3Wipes)
  • apply zip from EXT - the 0128 firmware
  • 3Wipes
  • apply zip from EXT - the 0128 firmware
  • 3Wipes
  • Reboot
With this procedure all ok, a lot of thanks, your work and support are perfect :D

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
@ toweliechaos - There is definitely a lot of good internet in cities but I live in Vermont, most of which could be considered the boonies. A 15-20 minute drive outside where I live and I can easily loose cell phone signal. Luckily I live in what we consider a city here, although it's the size of maybe one or two blocks of a real city like NYC, so I get good internet at work as well. The internet at my apartment is hit or miss depending on the day. It is a small price to pay for living in a nice area like this though. Definitely give me an update once you use the ROM for a while. The time problem keeps popping into my head throughout the day because it is so weird.

@ egeuterio - Thank you very much, I hope you enjoy the ROM!

And lastly to everyone - v1.6 might solve the VPN issue, beta testers have reported it to be working. A big thanks to ant-uk who has joined the Anti-Hero team as a developer. The next update will also have an extended power menu and some nice performance enhancements.

f_lag23

Nov 8, 2012
I'm having issues with the g-sensor. How do you change the build.prop? Is there a tutorial for that? Thanks in advance :)

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
If the flashable zip I provided doesn't help then you can use ROM toolbox to change the build.prop. Just navigate to the system folder, open the build.prop file as a txt file and edit what you want. A small hand-full of Hero users have needed alternative methods to change re-calibrate their g-sensors. Check the links in this post and the apk in this post.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Anti-Hero v1.6 is now available in the main Custom ROM folder. I don't have time to write up a change log at the moment but it has been tested and is officially out of BETA and available for download. Special thanks to ant-uk who has recently joined the team as a developer and BETA tester. Enjoy!

toweliechaos

Mar 8, 2013
I just thought you'd like to know that, for whatever reason, setting the device to automatic time is now working. Go figure!

At the risk of asking a stupid question, if I want to upgrade to v1.6, do I need to back everything up first or can I install over the top without losing apps, settings etc.?

PS your 'My custom Ainol Hero ROM - Anti-Hero' link in your sig is reporting 'page not found' :)

Last edited:

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Good to know on the time zone thing and thanks for the heads up on the signature!

When upgrading anti-hero you can just flash the new update on top of the old one without a problem. That's if everything is working correctly though but I've updated from v1.0 up to v1.6 and never had an issue.

ant_uk

Developer
Mar 22, 2013
Hey toweliechaos, fancy seeing you here!
If your only updating your current version of anti_hero you can flash the ROM only. So...
Boot your Hero into TWRP
Flash anti_hero v1.6
Wipe dalvik/cache
Reboot

At this point I should remind you that its always a good idea to back up your apps just incase

EDIT: Hey fuser, didn't realise you had already replied... That's what happens when you have two young children crawling all over you when typing a reply!

Last edited:

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Haha, it happens!

To anyone who doesn't know, ant-uk is my firmware development partner for the Anti-Hero ROM. Welcome to androidtablets.net ant-uk!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ant_uk, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you decided to join us, and glad to see you're helping folks out with your first posts. Enjoy the forum!

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
ANTI-HERO v1.6 by fuser-invent
--- Hybrid ROM Based on Official Stock 0128 Firmware and CM10 ---

Change Log

ANTI-HERO v1.6

• Added Extended Power Menu
  • CPU init.d scripts are back and working
  • Defaulted back to 3G / Ethernet / Data enabled
  • Removed 3G / Ethernet / Data enabler zip
  • Updated Additional Apps package
  • Improved some wifi issues

-----

• The "bootloader" option in the extended power menu just reboots the tablet since these tablets don't have the kind of bootloader you can boot into.
  • If you want to edit the wake/sleep min/max frequencies you can do so in the virtuous_oc folder. If you change the wake governor to something other than performance2 then you won't benifit from the the 02cpu script in the init.d folder. Be careful with frequencies because they can cause problems if you don't set them correctly. Also, don't try to overclock your device, it won't work and will cause problems.
  • The additional apps package now has two new apps. One is called Market Helper which is an app to temporarily change/fake your tablet to appear as if it was another device so that you can download non-compatible apps from the app market. The other app is called LMT Launcher and among other things, it has the cool PIE launcher that you may have seen in the new Paranoid Android ROM's. You do need to set it up manually though. If you like these apps, consider donating to the developers because they are useful and really cool.

Last edited:

rudykiss

Mar 23, 2013
I've used this rom for 5 day seem great but when install instagram from playstore, ghost touch appear and when play video clip from youtube with mxplayer suddenly FC. what wrong?

ant_uk

Developer
Mar 22, 2013
I've used this rom for 5 day seem great but when install instagram from playstore, ghost touch appear and when play video clip from youtube with mxplayer suddenly FC. what wrong?
Sound like you got a rouge app and its probably leaking memory..
Uninstall the said app.
Reboot your tablet.

Have you updated to anti_hero_v1.6 yet? Its got some cool new features....