[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
I don't expect serious issues anymore. Let me know if you find any.
I am sad to say: I gave my A2110 away (put stock rooted bloatware removed on it). I got a present myself: a Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP512). I run 5.1 AOSP on it (soon one self-built, I hope).
I will miss this thread... and the device, and the people who own(ed) and love(d) it ... or its A2109 cousin...

Last edited:

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
I really regret not buying the Nexus 7 2012 (it was 2012 when I got this). Identical hardware but Lenovo sucks balls for anything after you buy it (support, updates, hell even had to fight to get the damned kernel source).

adcjen

May 10, 2015
New builds. Battery drain is fixed, camera fully functional. Not working:
  • Hardware rotation lock button
  • Wifi-direct
  • Receiving files via Bluetooth (AOSP only)
Autobrightness is a bit wonky, bluetooth MAC address is not right.

For the rest, everything seems fine!

AOSP-4.2.2 (md5sum: b84c6d039edff8fd57766615d46f0f6b)
CM-10.1 (md5sum: 12d29e6dd6aae23b808a49022bdaa1a1)

I don't expect serious issues anymore. Let me know if you find any.

First thing , thanks for taking on this project I was going to buy a new tablet until I cam across this a few weeks ago.
I would be happy if we even got to 4.3 or 4.4 my self.

When trying to flash CM-10.1 in clockwork MOD I get the below error ,I am running of a build that's week or two old. version JB-MR1_milestone-1

asset failed getprop ("ro.prodcut.device") == "kai" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "kai"
(Status 7)

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
You have to be running the newest CWM (the one in this thread, 6.0.3.7 I think).

The one compiled by MCL calls this device A2109A in the code, the new one calls it Kai.

Last edited:

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
This great. I had my Lenovo collecting dust because of the bad lags on stock and available roms.
But this one works amazingly well.
I thank you for taking time and breathing new life into this tablet.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Nice! Have you considered using vampirefo's tweaked kernel with this (or using his tweaked build script for it)? He has an OC of 200MHz (up to 1500MHz from stock 1300MHz) as well as a lot of governors and such enabled. His kernels also beat stock kernel benchmarks.

EDIT: I'd honestly say that CM-10.2 (android 4.3) would be a waste of time since it is so very close to 4.2 in features. That being said, can we expect to see a proto build of 4.4 soon? :D

Hmmm... i'm hesitant about overclocking. That said, perhaps you can point me to vampirefo's sources and kernel config?

Regarding 4.3 vs. 4.4, I might skip 4.3 for cm. AOSP is probably too big a leap, because it takes a lot of time to identify all those compatibility patches in cm.

I am sad to say: I gave my A2110 away (put stock rooted bloatware removed on it). I got a present myself: a Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP512). I run 5.1 AOSP on it (soon one self-built, I hope).
I will miss this thread... and the device, and the people who own(ed) and love(d) it ... or its A2109 cousin...

Thanks for all the testing you've done, and congrats with the new tablet. Do send your cousin over to this thread so he can take your role :)

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Waiting for 4.4.4 rom.
Your cm 4.2.2 rom is very stable, the only issue I've found is weichat app cannot be open.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
It's only a 200mhz over clock. It's fairly safe from what I've experienced; it does make a slight difference though. Here's the URL: http://www.androidtablets.net/index.php?threads/55577/ He uses the stock kernel sources with his own custom build script.

Hmmm... As far as I can tell, that script is just a bunch of commands to compile the kernel and to repack the bootimage. I don't think all of those governors are in the stock kernel source, and I'm quite sure that overclocking would require a kernel patch anyway. I really need sources to get to work with this.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Waiting for 4.4.4 rom.
Your cm 4.2.2 rom is very stable, the only issue I've found is weichat app cannot be open.

Thanks! What is weichat? Do you mean wechat? If possible, grab logcat output (e.g., via adb), perhaps something stands out.

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Hmmm... As far as I can tell, that script is just a bunch of commands to compile the kernel and to repack the bootimage. I don't think all of those governors are in the stock kernel source, and I'm quite sure that overclocking would require a kernel patch anyway. I really need sources to get to work with this.
I don't know, that's all he provided. You'd have to contact him for that.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I don't know, that's all he provided. You'd have to contact him for that.

I'm afraid vampirefo himself appears to have lost his sources for this kernel on an older laptop. It might still be possible to use his kernel in our rom, but I can't vouch for bluesleep (which needed a separate patch) or selinux (which needed to be activated and will be part of 4.3 and up). Also, without sources I cannot legally distribute vampirefo's kernel in our rom (GPL). We'll just have to continue with what we have right now.

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
@PJBrs very nice ROM. I flash it again. Thanks for new life of our tablet!
But I have "old" bug with wi-fi, when wi-fi is off, battery fast drain (like on stock 4.1.2).
How to fix this issue?