[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I know why it doesn't install! I can help with this... Replace update_binary with this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2532300

On a related note, my only MicroUSB cable bit the dust the other day so I can't debug by USB or copy over files any more. I can still install test builds, but I have to be very careful.
Hey DBlake, thanks very much for finding this! In fact, the thread you linked to also includes a possible pointer to the underlying problem (I hope), see here. I hope I can put up a working new cwm next week, so you can install your own work.

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
Find bug with play music.
When listen music and screen is off, sound sometime disappeared (interrupted).
But when screen on, sound ok.
Use stock Apollo player and es file manager player.
Any ideas?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Find bug with play music.
When listen music and screen is off, sound sometime disappeared (interrupted).
But when screen on, sound ok.
Use stock Apollo player and es file manager player.
Any ideas?
I'm sorry, not from me. Google for "music stops lock screen". And as always, logcat helps :)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@DBlake: I built a new clockworkmod, version 6.0.5.1. See here. I think this one installs 4.4 roms. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! The underlying problem was a misconfigured kernel. Bug--swiping left-to-right doesn't work, the rest seems working. I only tested installing, back-up and restore.

Last edited:

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
@DBlake: I built a new clockworkmod, version 6.5.0.1. See here. I think this one installs 4.4 roms. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! The underlying problem was a misconfigured kernel. Bug--swiping left-to-right doesn't work, the rest seems working. I only tested installing, back-up and restore.
Great, when I get an mUSB cable again I'll be sure to flash this.

Also, I PM'd you.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
***EDIT 20150509***

Hi, this thread is about compiling AOSP (preferably) and/or Cyanogenmod (if AOSP fails). AOSP-4.1.2 worked quite well. We're now at 4.2.2 / CM-10.1, and both seem quite alright, I'd say good enough for daily use (barring any remaining PEBCAK issues that I caused myself in the latest build).

AOSP-4.2.2 (md5sum: b84c6d039edff8fd57766615d46f0f6b)
CM-10.1 (md5sum: 12d29e6dd6aae23b808a49022bdaa1a1)
Clockworkmod-6.0.3.7

The link for downloading both ROMS are not working...

Thanks

partyhead

Feb 14, 2015
recovery version 6.0.5.1. . not 6.5.0.1.
installed.. did not test it . why you need this version ? do you have android kitkat?
share please:))
ps. using your cm-10.1-20150509-UNOFFICIAL-kai for a week
very good ! did not found any problem for now.

pss gps improved !!! i try 7-8 different firmwares, and this one best for gps.
dont know what did you do and where get liberies. spent a lot of time to improve gps, did not work for me . but this firmare get GLONASs and satelites without problem
THANK YOU
dreaiming about lolipop or kitkat

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
recovery version 6.0.5.1. . not 6.5.0.1.
installed.. did not test it . why you need this version ? do you have android kitkat?
share please:))
Indeed, I need this for Kitkat, and yes I have a kitkat build for kai. However, it is currently somewhat limited in functionality, but if you're interested in reading the Lenovo logo while your device warms up slightly, let me know :p

Seriously, I can't even connect to adb currently. But I'll put something up once it boots. In the meantime, if anyone knows how to boot without hardware-accelerated graphics--let me know!

ps. using your cm-10.1-20150509-UNOFFICIAL-kai for a week
very good ! did not found any problem for now.

pss gps improved !!! i try 7-8 different firmwares, and this one best for gps.
dont know what did you do and where get liberies. spent a lot of time to improve gps, did not work for me . but this firmare get GLONASs and satelites without problem
THANK YOU
dreaiming about lolipop or kitkat

Thanks! I plucked the hardware HAL (/system/lib/hw/gps.tegra.hal) from tf700, as well as /system/bin/glgps, and then I fiddled a bit with gpsconfig.xml. They have quite similar hardware, hence the fact that the tf700 and tf300 camera HALs also work on our device, albeit with incorrect video aspect ratio in HD video recording.

By the way, did you test hdmi-out?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Incidentally, I now do have a booting kitkat-4.4.4! Not working:
- Camera
- Wifi
- Bluetooth
- Automounting
... and lots more, haha.

I'll put up a build in a couple of days. Probably time for a new thread :)

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
- Camera
- Wifi
- Bluetooth
- Automounting
... and lots more, haha.

Regardless of status, this is a HUGE milestone for us! Congrats!

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
- Camera
- Wifi
- Bluetooth
- Automounting
... and lots more, haha.

Oh, you are our source of hope. Waiting...