[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Ah, well maybe you can look at what he did to get the camera working to port it over to your dev tree.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi DBlake, well, thanks for the suggestion. I did have a look. The problem is that, of all bits of hardware, superhansi documented least what he did to get the camera running. There's some information at the Lenovo CM-10 thread. What it boils down to is that Lenovo used a heavily patched version of libjpeg. With standard AOSP libs, the camera doesn't work. Alternatively, one can use libjpeg-turb, according to superhansi, which should work. I tried that with 4.1.2 and it mostly works, but not panorama mode. Might be, though, that one problem is that I used a later version of libjpeg-turbo this time around. Another problem is that Cyanogenmod includes patches to support older libs and AOSP doesn't. However, I was fairly certain that I had hunted down all those patches already...

Anyway, I'm afraid I need to start over with the camera once more, and if then I don't succeed I'm moving on to 4.3 anyway. I think I'll put something online by Friday, with or without camera.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
BAARRRGH!!! Still no camera. Also can't receive files over bluetooth. Battery drain seems gone though, so all in all it's not too bad. So here are the images for 4.2.2:
boot.img
system.img

Use with gapps-jb-20130812.

Please test a bit, esp. GPS, USB-OTG, mounting external sd.

My camera experiments are detailed in the README. I would REALLY appreciate suggestions for the camera.

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
I'll try soon (perhaps this weekend).
Questions:
For the boot.img did you (have to) change anything in kernel config for upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 ?
Is system pre-rooted (not important, just curious)?

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Not prerooted. I compiled the kernel to try and add bluesleep support, and may have broken wifi. Also, you may have to move your data from / data/media to /data/media/0 .

I had no idea that so much changed from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2. Bluetooth stack, egl, audio, camera and storage are all different.

partyhead

Feb 14, 2015
did not work for me :((
i did fastboot -i 0x17ef flash JB-4.2.2-02132015-system.img and fastboot -i 0x17ef flash boot JB-4.2.2-02132015-boot.img

but after boot logo - lenovo - i got white(grey-ish ) screen with a black line in center
any ideas?

UPDATE . ALL OK NOW . have to flashe JB bootloader before - A2109A_JBBootloader.zip
will test new firmware. thank you .
will wait KK

Last edited:

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
I had no idea that so much changed from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2.
Congratulations with the 4.2.2 ROM ... one step at a time and, who
knows, you will reach A2109 Lollipop!

Good news: adb over USB works now. And that comes in handy because,
indeed WiFi does not work.

Can you say exactly what changed in kernel config? I see hardly any
difference with your and my A2110 one:

--
# diff my-kernel.config PJBrs-4.2.2-config
725,726c725
< CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_QUOTA2=y
< # CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_QUOTA2_LOG is not set
---
> # CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_QUOTA2 is not set
2377c2376
< CONFIG_USB_DEBUG=y
---
> # CONFIG_USB_DEBUG is not set
--

I will try my kernel and see what gives...

PS: /data/media seems to have changed to /data/media/0 on its own.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Short update--I recompiled the kernel after changing my edits to bcmdhd and now we have wifi again :)

boot.img
system.img

And thanks very much for testing! Please post your results and bugs. Perhaps someone else also will have more luck with receiving files over bluetooth...

partyhead

Feb 14, 2015
Hello PJBrs
My suggestions :
1, Remove from img Chinese keyboards and video editing tool.
2. integrate extra small gapps from here http://d-h.st/users/ZordanKV/?fld_id=15431#files
this one for 4.2.2 http://d-h.st/lHg
They are just 12 megabaits but no pain about installing lately gappses.
and immediately android ready for market

Wifi does not work , cant really test firmware :(
did you check this cyanogen 4.2.2 ? for our devices. i dont know gethub location in internet , but all functionality work for this tablet. except GPS find olny GLONAS satellites.
http://d-h.st/K3r

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
Short update--I recompiled the kernel after changing my edits to bcmdhd and now we have wifi again :)

boot.img
system.img

And thanks very much for testing! Please post your results and bugs. Perhaps someone else also will have more luck with receiving files over bluetooth...

WiFi is very welcome indeed :)

Let me try ... meanwhile I did 'factory reset' (I should perhaps not have done so) so it will take some time for me to recover device backup. But once done I will post results.

partyhead

Feb 14, 2015
sorry to say , dont work last version JB-4.2.2-02142015-system
Stuck on android logo , sytstem not loading.
factory reset was done

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@partyhead: You need to flash both boot and system, I think.

@tasinofan: That's Lenovo's kernel config, I only added a patch :)

By the way, instead of factory reset you can also first flash boot and system and then wipe cache and dalvik cache. That should keer your apps installed (apart from gapps). Also, titaniumbackup helps a lot restoring a device.

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
@PJBrs:
Sure, I did find my data intact with your 02132015 version. But, since I had a recent titaniumbackup and clockworkmod backup, I did not mind factory reset too much when it came to check my kernel and/or if wifi would perhaps work when clean install. As communicated by email, for some reason, 02142015 version is stuck on android logo.

@partyhead:
You have an A2109, right? I mean, not an A2110 like I have.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Sorry guys, I managed to upload the wrong system.img. Correct one _should_ be up now.

partyhead

Feb 14, 2015
@PJBrs now ok, correct version. will test
ps add please when you turn off tablet , menu - reboot. reboot to recovery. reboot to bootlaoder/flashboot

ps2 . about to delete just dalvic cahe , a v got a lot of errors :( without factory reset.

ps3 WHY there ar no ROOT ??

ANTUTU 16975

Camera dont working .

Bluetooth audo Working , conected headset. but not sure about Bluetooth bitrate. in android 4.0 was some 65 kbs by default

Last edited: