[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
I may have found the culprit for our battery drain, it's com.google.android.gms.wearable.service.WearableService , which is provided by Google Play-services.
Interesting! How did you spot this service to be responsible?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
After flashed this rom, recovery was lost, why?
I'm afraid that's how aosp works, it flashes aosp recovery on boot. If you use my cwm, it will offer to disable recovery being overwritten.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Again too soon... AAAAAARGH!!! Situation is improved, but still battery drain after some time. :mad:

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
Again too soon... AAAAAARGH!!! Situation is improved, but still battery drain after some time. :mad:
I install greenify, and disable framework and play services all, but battery drain is still present.
I think problem with all ROM!

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
I bought Wakelock Detector [FULL PACK] and some odd service called
'1013' holds device awake 95% of the time with *overflow* on top.

Normal services have a human readeable name like, say: Google
Services. The 1013 service is mentioned to be a system media service.

I Googled a bit about 1013 (media) service and *overflow* wakelock
but have not found which one exactly I may need to disable.

*overflow* is when a counter wraps.

1013 is UID for /system/bin/mediaserver

I do have a lot of media on SD card. You too?

I have tentatively disabled media storage scanner and mtp
service. Let's see what gives.

Next thing to try is to kill mediaserver ;-)

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I have quite some *overflow* too, but not to the extent that it prevents deep sleep. Did you see anything related to icing? As far as I understand it's something to do with SMS. I disabled all services with icing in their full name under google play services with DisableService and now I've gone over eight hours with 98% deep sleep (in addition to disabling the wearables thing).

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
What do you prefer? Camera with good video recording that doesn't take pictures, or camera that takes pictures okay but in video recording has incorrect aspect ratio?

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
As for me, I prefer camera take pictures, but video mod has incorrect aspect ratio (480p aspect ratio is ok).

Last edited:

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
I have quite some *overflow* too, but not to the extent that it prevents deep sleep. Did you see anything related to icing? As far as I understand it's something to do with SMS. I disabled all services with icing in their full name under google play services with DisableService and now I've gone over eight hours with 98% deep sleep (in addition to disabling the wearables thing).
Hi PJBrs
How do you measure 'deep sleep'? I mean: which program will tell you? I use 'Wakelock Detector' and it still says device is awake 90% of the time. I only found one Google Play Services service with 'Icing' in the name. I have disabled it.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi PJBrs
How do you measure 'deep sleep'? I mean: which program will tell you? I use 'Wakelock Detector' and it still says device is awake 90% of the time. I only found one Google Play Services service with 'Icing' in the name. I have disabled it.
Hey Tasinofan, I use Wakelock Detector too :) Just tap the orange / green line that says Statistics somewhere, right below the top line of the screen.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Bad news--I haven't found the cause of that wakelock. I'm now building with the following services disabled:
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.wearable.service.WearableService
com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateActivity
com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateActivity
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver

I don't think disabling other stuff was the problem.

Good news--I *think* I finally managed to get the stock camera hal running :) I've renamed the stock libjpeg.so to libtjpg.so and then did
$ sed -i s/libjpeg/libtjpg/camera.tegra.so
$ sed -i s/libjpeg/libtjpg/libtjpg.so

I have no idea whether this is even supposed to work, and I don't know whether I need to use specific build flags yet, but I do appear to be able to take pictures and use HD video without distorted aspect ratio, and even use panorama mode. That's better than 4.1.2!

I hope to update cyanogenmod in the weekend. If by then I haven't found the wakelock, then I'll move to 4.3. Post your suggestions for disabling parts of google services here.

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Bad news--I haven't found the cause of that wakelock. I'm now building with the following services disabled:
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.wearable.service.WearableService
com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateActivity
com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver com.google.android.gsf/com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateActivity
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver

I don't think disabling other stuff was the problem.

Good news--I *think* I finally managed to get the stock camera hal running :) I've renamed the stock libjpeg.so to libtjpg.so and then did
$ sed -i s/libjpeg/libtjpg/camera.tegra.so
$ sed -i s/libjpeg/libtjpg/libtjpg.so

I have no idea whether this is even supposed to work, and I don't know whether I need to use specific build flags yet, but I do appear to be able to take pictures and use HD video without distorted aspect ratio, and even use panorama mode. That's better than 4.1.2!

I hope to update cyanogenmod in the weekend. If by then I haven't found the wakelock, then I'll move to 4.3. Post your suggestions for disabling parts of google services here.

These wakelocks are not unique to our device... I've seen hundreds of posts relating to this same GSF wakelock.