[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
RavenJ - i guess you are a flasher at heart...hmmm do you own a raincoat? :p

I've flashed a new ROM the last two days in a row.. I guess I'll be flashing this one when I get home tonight. My wife thinks I'm crazy to reflash so often. I think she's right, but I'm ok with that.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
This morning after Power Off my NC got stuck twice at Touching The Future screen.
Had to boot with first putting the CWM card and then rebooting to normal mode.Didnt happen this again since at v3.

Also I noticed that pressing the power button, has only 2 options now.Reboot and Power Off.What happened to rest of menu?

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
This morning after Power Off my NC got stuck twice at Touching The Future screen.
Had to boot with first putting the CWM card and then rebooting to normal mode.Didnt happen this again since at v3.

Also I noticed that pressing the power button, has only 2 options now.Reboot and Power Off.What happened to rest of menu?

Interesting... I still get 5 choices (Silent mode, Airplace mode, Choose a profile, Reboot and Power off), although I only used the two that you mentioned :D

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Did U activate everything as U should?Are they in close range?

They are in close range; the headset is literally on top of my NC but still just says paired but not connected. I've turned on the headset (it's blinking it's little light), but still no dice. It's the Jawbone Prime btw if that matters at all. Any other thoughts? :d

racingelting

Mar 27, 2011
Rico2001 I have to give a big thanks for these roms you have been working on! I have my wifes nook running 5.1 and she loves it. I will try 5.2 tonight and wait until 5.3 is upgraded to 5.4 stable...? I partially prefer the nook to my Xoom simply because of this rom.

Keep up the great work.

Jamie

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Am I correct in thinking I dont need to wipe my nook if i'm upgrading from phiremod 5.1 to 5.3?

That is correct. Many believe it is a good idea to wipe the cache partition and davlik cache in all cases, but you don't need to do system/data.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Am I correct in thinking I dont need to wipe my nook if i'm upgrading from phiremod 5.1 to 5.3?

This is what I do with every update of Phiremod ROM:

1. Create a nandroid backup of the old ROM
2. Backup system and app data with Titanium Backup (just in case)
3. Plug it in to reach 100% charge level
4. Boot into CWR (via bootable SD)
5. Wipe cache / Wipe Dalvik cache
6. Install phiremod 5.X from zip
7. Once it boots up, let it sit for 5 minutes
8. Start market and check "My Apps". They are all there but shown as "Free / Purchased"
9. Kill Market app via Advanced Task Manager, open Titanium Backup, select Market and hit "Wipe Data"
10. Launch market, tap on "Accpet" and check "My apps". Now, everything is shown as "Installed"
11. Uninstall Adobe Flash Player and re-install it from the Market to get it "integrated" in to DolphinHD browser
12. Reboot and enjoy the new, updated Phiremod ROM (There is nothing else to change, update, etc; all my apps and data remain intact) :D

borgdrone

Apr 8, 2011
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for helping me to take the maximum advantage of my NC :)
Currently i have Phiremod 5.2 installed, and i was wondering if in 5.3 the video issue has been resolved.
The videos that i have, used to work fine on the rooted nook (orignal rom), but after i installed phiremod that same video plays but is noticably slow.
Thank you
Borg drone

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Borg, try an app called Vitalplayer Neon. It's worked great on every video I've tried. There is a freebie and a donation version. It's so good, I plan to donate. Oh, and skip 5.3.. It's great and all, but the version with the tablet tweaks is far nicer. Can't wait to see a Phiremod version where the tablet tweaks are included.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Hi Everyone,
Currently i have Phiremod 5.2 installed, and i was wondering if in 5.3 the video issue has been resolved.
The videos that i have, used to work fine on the rooted nook (orignal rom), but after i installed phiremod that same video plays but is noticably slow.
Thank you
Borg drone
For mp4 playback everything is fine, see my explanation at the link below. I am using 5.3. No need to use anything other then default movie player, although other players with hardware acceleration will work. I did have to transcode the video to Level 3.0. Video is now perfect, fast, in sync, with no microblocking. See link for details. Level 3.1 video required a software decoder in the player. Level 3.1 video would not play in default 5.3 movie player without recoding to Level 3.0. I think it played in rooted 2.1 movie player but that was a long time ago.

I could use the same software in the post below to go directly from Level 3.1 to Level 3.0 but starting with my original seemed to make more sense to me. Everything with a baseline of 3.0 and below should be ok. The video also must be 840x480 or smaller in size. It is necessary for both Level and size parameters to be meet.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...playback-hardware-acceleration.html#post73084

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Hi Everyone,
Thank you
Borg drone

At 5.3 with Vplayer everything runs so smooth. ;)

notilas

Apr 11, 2011
I am stuck at the unlock screen.
I have change the unlock screen to "Lenz?" (not sure about the name, the last one in the choice menu)
The unlock screen shows a white bar with a lock symbol in the middle. It moves up and down.
But I cannot understand how to unlock the screen.
Can somebody help me to bypass the unlock screen?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.