[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Sorry if this a noobish question but, i just upgraded from phiremod 5.3 -> 6.0. after doing my nandroid back up and a TiBu, i cleared my cache/davlik cache, installed the rom, dalingren's 413a kernel, and the asla upgrade. Is it normal for all of my apps from my 5.3 install to remain?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Sorry if this a noobish question but, i just upgraded from phiremod 5.3 -> 6.0. after doing my nandroid back up and a TiBu, i cleared my cache/davlik cache, installed the rom, dalingren's 413a kernel, and the asla upgrade. Is it normal for all of my apps from my 5.3 install to remain?

If you flashed over top without data wipe things from old system will show up. Its probably better to do a data wipe before installing a new rom, as long as you have a backup. But if everything is working fine then it is ok for old programs to be there.

Sent from my fascinate

ibm650

Feb 28, 2011
Hi, I am running CM7 Phiredrop v6, sometimes after power down, it hangs on power up at Touch the Future of Reading, and I have to power+N and clear the cache, is there anyway that the developers could somehow fix this? Or am I the only one? If this is the wrong place I would like you to point me in the right direction.
That being said, this is great, I love it, everyone who sees it loves it.

noobuser

Dec 14, 2010
I use a PIN to lock my NC. In this build the "disable lockscreen" is checked by default. After setting my PIN and unchecking the box, the lockscreen appeared and my PIN didn't work. Fortunately when I rebooted the lockscreen was again disabled. I tried to change my PIN in location/security but the NC didn't recognize the PIN.

I reflashed and reset the PIN, no trouble - figured I was having a senior moment. When I activated lockscreen the same thing happened. At this point I'm happy with everything else.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Hi, I am running CM7 Phiredrop v6, sometimes after power down, it hangs on power up at Touch the Future of Reading, and I have to power+N and clear the cache, is there anyway that the developers could somehow fix this? Or am I the only one? If this is the wrong place I would like you to point me in the right direction.
That being said, this is great, I love it, everyone who sees it loves it.

I am not on 6 yet but if I install it I can see if I have the same problem. Developer related questions should probably be posted at the original xda post here [ROM][April 13 2011] >>>>> phiremod nook V6 <<<<< OC Kernel | CM7 - xda-developers but look through the xda thread first, because maybe it has been addressed already.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thought I'd try version 6 out. Running pretty good. My bottom taskbar is force closing every once in a while. How do I start it back up again without rebooting? Any one else having this problem?

sent from my rooted nook color

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Thought I'd try version 6 out. Running pretty good. My bottom taskbar is force closing every once in a while. How do I start it back up again without rebooting? Any one else having this problem?

sent from my rooted nook color
Dud U select a button for Unhiding the system bar from Tablet Tweaks Settings at ADW settings?

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
After I flashed this mod last night everything was working fine. I did and still have problems with icons/shortcuts getting deleted off the shortcut bar on the right. Also, I turned it off last night and then plugged it in to charge. It turned back on itself. I didn't want it on so I tried to turn it off. I went through several bootloops and then freezes on startup. I had set the performance to 1.1 and had reload on boot set. I have since changed that. My wife was playing with it today and had two force closes on Facebook. I was hoping it would be a little more stable, maybe my system is just working through the setup.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I will try adjusting Tablet Tweak settings but I have it set to show. I have been getting force closes a little bit too. The standard Android message pops up that says force close or report. I have gotten force closes with status bar and facebook so far. But not enough to bother me yet. This Rom is pretty cool so far.

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
I agree. This is the first ROM that I have flashed on to our NC. I have loaded ROMs on my Droid Incredible, but none impressed me enough to keep. This one I like a lot. It was between this an UD and I decided to try this one first.

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
I think I fixed my Facebook force close issues. I uninstalled the FB app from market and downloaded this one, signed-facebook.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download. I side loaded (I hope I am using that term right) it using Samba from my laptop to the root of my SD card and installed it. I have been playing around with it and it hasn't FCed yet. I did have to change my 3rd party app settings, but that isn't an issue.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I will try adjusting Tablet Tweak settings but I have it set to show. I have been getting force closes a little bit too. The standard Android message pops up that says force close or report. I have gotten force closes with status bar and facebook so far. But not enough to bother me yet. This Rom is pretty cool so far.

Sorry to hear... I have only had one FC on Phiremod 6, and it was during an update of DolphinHD via market when SU just crashed. Actually, if I tap on SU, it crashes, however, whenever an app requires SU, it works fine luckily.

DeeMat

Oct 19, 2010
I have been loving this ROM since it came out - but I am not impressed by the battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.