[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yea battery life on these gingerbread roms still isn't there yet.

sent from my rooted nook color

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Facebook started force closing again. However, I was trying to download picture viewers that would access FB images. May have caused it. I was going to reflash and reload the older version FB.

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
All I did was uninstall FB, charge it to 100% overnight, and then reinstall the older version of FB this morning. It worked again. I wonder if it was a performance issue as it wasn't working when the battery was <30%.

I had it on for 10 minutes with performance governor set to interactive and min 800, max 1.1. Battery is already at 95%.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I kept my previous FB app from 5.3 and I upgraded to v6 without wipe.
FB keeps working just fine.
Also FB Flow and market.

andreid

Mar 15, 2011
man the battery life issues are making me want to wait on this . . . its a device i'd like to use for a few hours throughout the day and into the next without having to worry. . . awesome work though. . keep it up!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
If you set the min governor lower than 800 and use "on demand" it may save a little battery.

Verynew

Mar 25, 2011
I have another newbie question. For V6, do I still need the below step? Or just burn use the latest CWM to the sd card? Thanks.

Burn the proper CWM via thecubed to SD (EXT 4)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I have another newbie question. For V6, do I still need the below step? Or just burn use the latest CWM to the sd card? Thanks.

Burn the proper CWM via thecubed to SD (EXT 4)

I think if you are installing v6 with the latest 3.0.1 cwr you should be fine. I installed it with internal 3.0.1 recovery though, not from an sdcard. The new cwr should eliminate having to use thecube ext4 cwr to install these newer builds. Make a backup through cwr or rom manager before you try installing it off sd or internally

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
I'm running v6 and installed flash 10.2, but dolphin mini still doesn't handle flash content. Any ideas?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I'm running v6 and installed flash 10.2, but dolphin mini still doesn't handle flash content. Any ideas?

Flash works fine for me with miren browser. Maybe try miren or check your dolphin mini settings to make sure flash is turned on. Or you can uninstall and reinstall flash then reboot and try again. Or you can try changing user agent in web browser to desktop.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Has anyone installed 6.1 over 6 without wiping? What is the ALSA update for?

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Has anyone installed 6.1 over 6 without wiping? What is the ALSA update for?

I did (only wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache), and it works fine.

ALSA update is for audio/video stuttering. I highly recommended it, because mp3 and movie playback, youtube and flash in browser were unbearable before the update.

Verynew

Mar 25, 2011
I think if you are installing v6 with the latest 3.0.1 cwr you should be fine. I installed it with internal 3.0.1 recovery though, not from an sdcard. The new cwr should eliminate having to use thecube ext4 cwr to install these newer builds. Make a backup through cwr or rom manager before you try installing it off sd or internally

Stelv, thank you so much for your help.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
No prob Verynew.

Thanks tenderidol. I will install 6.1 and ALSA tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.