[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010

Thanks tenderidol. I will install 6.1 and ALSA tonight.

I installed 6.1 ann ALSA at the same time. I used tenderidol technique. I also installed Hulu using the procedure given in the theme and app area over at XDA. It seems to work ok for me in Opera Mobile. It was not easy to install Hulu and when you reboot it gets wiped clean causing you to repeat a couple of steps to get it working again.

arus

Feb 23, 2011
Can someone tell me if the game EA TETRIS works in this version of Phiremod? in te 5.3 didnt work... i went back to stock just because my wife kept complain that her game doesnt work ;)

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
I did (only wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache), and it works fine.

ALSA update is for audio/video stuttering. I highly recommended it, because mp3 and movie playback, youtube and flash in browser were unbearable before the update.

Since XDA no longer has his updates, I think this forum would be a great place to discuss this ROM features, problems, and solutions. The blog that he setup is okay but I like a forum like this one. Moderators could we label the OP with 6.1 April 20? Not sure which CM7 ROM version 6.1 is based on. I asked that question at his site but no one responded.

@ tenderidol blog post - I see over at his Phiremod's NookColor site that you went back to V6 because of wifi problems. Right before I used the procedure of under mounts and storage of wiping Cache and under advanced of wiping Dalvik Cache to change my V6 to V6.1, I applied ALSA and OC 18C to V6 with no problems. I wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache before applying ALSA and OC 18C to V6 as well. For your info, I had down loaded the OC 4/11 version but never applied it to V6.

General Note: if wiping dalvik cache locks up - forced reboot into recovery. Then install ALSA, ROMs, and/or kernels as necessary.

I also am not having any wifi problems with V6.1 either. Guess I am lucky or might be just waiting for wifi problem to start.

Are you thinking about reinstalling with wiping SYSTEM & DATA and then using Titanium Backups batch restore mode to see if this solves your wifi problem with V6.1?

Last edited:

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Since XDA no longer has his updates, I think this forum would be a great place to discuss this ROM features, problems, and solutions. The blog that he setup is okay but I like a forum like this one. Moderators could we label the OP with 6.1 April 20? Not sure which CM7 ROM version 6.1 is based on. I asked that question at his site but no one responded.

@ tenderidol blog post - I see over at his Phiremod's NookColor site that you went back to V6 because of wifi problems. Right before I used the procedure of under mounts and storage of wiping Cache and under advanced of wiping Dalvik Cache to change my V6 to V6.1, I applied ALSA and OC 18C to V6 with no problems. I wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache before applying ALSA and OC 18C to V6 as well. For your info, I had down loaded the OC 4/11 version but never applied it to V6.

General Note: if wiping dalvik cache locks up - forced reboot into recovery. Then install ALSA, ROMs, and/or kernels as necessary.

I also am not having any wifi problems with V6.1 either. Guess I am lucky or might be just waiting for wifi problem to start.

Are you thinking about reinstalling with wiping SYSTEM & DATA and then using Titanium Backups batch restore mode to see if this solves your wifi problem with V6.1?

I completely agree about needing a forum to discuss problems. The blog comment section is VERY limited to get replies, and it is really cumbersome to read/follow. I wish he would still post at XDA in addition to his blog. Oh well...

With the ALSA update, I'm perfectly fine with 6.0, since the continuous WiFi hiccup rendered my NC almost useless on 6.1. I thought about flashing the most recent OC kernel, but decided not to, unless I am missing a big feature in that particular kernel. If so, I can just apply it, and in case of problems, revert back to 6.0+ALSA stage (gotta love the nandroid backup/restore!).

If I am bored, I may try reinstalling 6.1 with wiping System and Data just to determine whether some sort of conflict between present system settings are causing the problem.

Will report back....

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Why is he not posting on xda anymore? I wonder if he is interested in joining our forum over here?

sent from my rooted nook color

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Also...wifi is working fine for me on 6.1 I just wiped caches before installing it over 6.0. I am connecting to a cisco router. I haven't gotten any force closes since the update to 6.1 with asla either.

sent from my rooted nook color

gudism

Apr 22, 2011
hi all
noob to the nook, this ROM and android in general.
glad to be here! :)

i too am having this wifi issue.
i bought the NC 2nd hand from someone, which had a different ROM than phiremod 6.1. i flashed to phiremod 6.1 including the update but have this issue.

and the wifi works, buts regularly drops out and then if i manually turn the wifi off and back on, it works. that is until it does it again in the near future?
very frustrating.

i realised that when i flashed to phiremod, i did it via rom manager, not CWM, so i though i will do a complete wipe of system data and cache then flash again.
but the problem remains.

any offers to fix this would be great, though i read above someone flashed back to v6.0 and the prob went away. I might have to do that but I just want to play and explore my awesome new toy instead of flashing and reflashing!!!! so happy I bought this :)

anyway, thanks in advance if you can help

ps, do you really need to make sure the battery is fully charged before flashing?

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
hi all
noob to the nook, this ROM and android in general.
glad to be here! :)

i too am having this wifi issue.
i bought the NC 2nd hand from someone, which had a different ROM than phiremod 6.1. i flashed to phiremod 6.1 including the update but have this issue.

and the wifi works, buts regularly drops out and then if i manually turn the wifi off and back on, it works. that is until it does it again in the near future?
very frustrating.

i realised that when i flashed to phiremod, i did it via rom manager, not CWM, so i though i will do a complete wipe of system data and cache then flash again.
but the problem remains.

any offers to fix this would be great, though i read above someone flashed back to v6.0 and the prob went away. I might have to do that but I just want to play and explore my awesome new toy instead of flashing and reflashing!!!! so happy I bought this :)

anyway, thanks in advance if you can help

ps, do you really need to make sure the battery is fully charged before flashing?

I strongly suggest to flash to version 6 since it's working good for most people . Don't be afraid of flashing since its something U have to do regularly in order to keep updated your tablet . But better do it through CWM.

Keeping full the battery during flashing and also wiping battery stats helps getting the most of it.Keep the power cable connected through this operation .

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Over at xda OC thread found this about wifi problems with OC 18C and what to do

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7] Dalingrin's OC kernel [4/04/11]

V6.1 has OC 18C. V6 does not. Dalingrin states that we cannot overflash an older kernel over OC 18C or the new OC 4/23 thus the need to go back to V6 or try the fix below. The New 4/23 has same wifi as OC 18C

Another fix for OC 18C at xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13127800&postcount=1737

Link to OC 4/23 which is at 1300 max rather than 1100 max. Just installed OC 4/23 on V6.1 So far everything is ok.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13134048&postcount=1749

Last edited:

gudism

Apr 22, 2011
Don't be afraid of flashing since its something U have to do regularly in order to keep updated your tablet . But better do it through CWM.

Keeping full the battery during flashing and also wiping battery stats helps getting the most of it.Keep the power cable connected through this operation .

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

yeah not afraid of flashing, right now its brand new, I have 3 more days off work and I just want to play :)

thanks for the battery advice etc

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I gave 6.1 another chance. This time the only thing that I did differently was to "forget" all the WiFi networks prior to updating from 6.0. As usual, I only wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache (everything else -data and system- were intact). I also applied the ALSA update right after flashing 6.1. After the reboot, I connected to my home network, and the WiFi hiccup is simply gone. YouTube plays fine, downloads show no interruptions, and the WiFi icon never changes from that cool blue to the dreaded gray :D

From now on, I'll make sure to delete remembered WiFi networks prior to updating phiremod, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.