[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Is that the one that comes with a fire extinguisher? :D

I wonder what the "safe" max speed for the CPU in NC is... I guess we'll figure it out at one point.
Several guys say its working fine and the perfomance is excellent.
Does anyone knows is there is a problem to flash this over v6?

Hubman

Mar 2, 2011
I tried flashing over 6.1 . I had trouble with Zeam and orientation . When I uninstalled Zeam and went back to ADW launcher ( default ) auto rotation (view ) worked again. I tried reinstalling Zeam . Still lost the auto rotation view. I am now going to clean install 6.1 again and then install Alsa right over top . Will wait a couple of days to try again with the new OC 1.3 ghz kernel.
But don't let me stop you , I may have just done something wrong . Like when I first downloaded the oc zip file it may have been a corrupted download . It would not install the first time using cwr . I had to download zip a second time .

Update ; Tried to put fresh install of 6.1 . Cannot get it to work , keeps crashing when go higher than 800 mhz . Same with reinstall of v 6 . crashes over 800 mhz . Is ok if I revert back to autonooter 1.1 . I think I messed up my Nook by installing the OC 1.3 ghz . Seems I lose Wifi the Dolphin HD browser locks up , same if I open Market . Lose the N button functionality , Nook just locks up . Very strange , I wonder if I factory reset , might help. But it will work at 800 mhz , currently have v 6 installed , browser and market load without freezing Nook.

Last edited:

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
I stated in post 339 http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...k-v6-oc-kernel-cm7-rc4-base-34.html#post79678 that I have installed 1.3 without any problem with V6.1.

At Dal's xda thread some people are having trouble with 1.3. He now has a link for 300, 600, 1100, 1200, 1300mhz setting in case 1.3 was not working for your nook.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13151994&postcount=1817

Fixes for wifi added - make sure you do md5 check sums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13159136&postcount=1845

Last edited:

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
What are folks using for a BT keyboard on this ROM? Any issues?
Thanks

I am using Motorola Xoom Android specific Bluetooth keyboard. Bought Walmart ship-to-store for $60. I have modified the nook files so that the arrow and menu key work with it. Many of the specific Android keys worked automatically. Some specific android keys even with the correct codes applied to the nook file did not work in any applications that I had installed.

There is a major problem with this and all Bluetooth keyboards in that when using with wifi such as with voice (texting) and browsers the keyboards randomly disconnect on their own and are hard to reconnect. I have asked for solutions on xda forums and ones suggested do not seem to work very well or not at all. I think there are specific files in the V6.1 ROM for bluetooth but again the disconnect is a major distraction when wifi is also required. When I am texting the keyboard is really nice, to make it reconnect I keep pressing the power button until it reconnects. If there is a better solution, let me know.

It seems to me with the Bluetooth keyboard working that websites using flash seem to buffer more frequently and thus load slower. The Bluetooth and wifi share the same antenna.

I really like to see the developers over at xda work on these two issues.

Last edited:

Hubman

Mar 2, 2011
Is there maybe a fix for this in the settings in Launcher Pro When in Landscape I lose all my apps just a black screen with only one distorted icon in top left corner. Seems like they have moved off the page .

jazzbass12

Jan 28, 2011
I am using Motorola Xoom Android specific Bluetooth keyboard. Bought Walmart ship-to-store for $60. I have modified the nook files so that the arrow and menu key work with it. Many of the specific Android keys worked automatically. Some specific android keys even with the correct codes applied to the nook file did not work in any applications that I had installed.

There is a major problem with this and all Bluetooth keyboards in that when using with wifi such as with voice (texting) and browsers the keyboards randomly disconnect on their own and are hard to reconnect. I have asked for solutions on xda forums and ones suggested do not seem to work very well or not at all. I think there are specific files in the V6.1 ROM for bluetooth but again the disconnect is a major distraction when wifi is also required. When I am texting the keyboard is really nice, to make it reconnect I keep pressing the power button until it reconnects. If there is a better solution, let me know.

It seems to me with the Bluetooth keyboard working that websites using flash seem to buffer more frequently and thus load slower. The Bluetooth and wifi share the same antenna.

I really like to see the developers over at xda work on these two issues.

Thanks for the response...At this point, I am still trying to figure out why the BT wont turn on. Any ideas? I have gone into settings and tried the "Blue Tooth On"

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Thanks for the response...At this point, I am still trying to figure out why the BT wont turn on. Any ideas? I have gone into settings and tried the "Blue Tooth On"
From xda "You need to turn it on first (before wifi) after a hard reboot to make it work sometimes."

A hard reboot is you that you hold the power button continuously until it turns off directly with no dialog screens. Then do the normal PowerOn. I think once after a ROM install, I had to do a hard reboot, PowerOn, toggle off wifi, turn on Bluetooth, and then turn on wifi to make Bluetooth work. I would try this first. I know you need to use a hard reboot, not a conventional PowerOff/PowerOn restart to get Bluetooth to turn on when other methods fail.

It sounds like the xda instructions want you to turn wifi off first and then do the hard reboot.

Once Bluetooth is on then PowerOff/PowerOn cycle will no effect it. It you turn Bluetooth off and PowerOff/PowerOn you may have to use the hard reboot to turn it back on. I think this also has happened to me before.

Last edited:

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Hey all, just saw B&N released v1.2 of their nook color software today... any thoughts on loading this and re-flashing v6 or v6.1 on top?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I wouldn't update the stock software if you want to stay rooted. I don't think there is a rooting method for new b&n software yet. Plus you will have to wipe the entire internal memory to load phiremod...you cant load it over top of an autnootered nook.

sent from my rooted nook color

Hubman

Mar 2, 2011
we don't have to worry about our NC's auto updating to this software right? :)

If you are running Phiremod no, but if you are autonootered yes it will auto update. This past weekend I reverted back to autonooter 3.0 and my Nook updated to B&N 1.2 . It got the update over wifi , which brought me back to a stock nook with market . I almost forgot how stark the stock Nook looks in its original state. We have come a long way with the CM7 nightlies and Phiremod versions. My Nook is back to Phiremod 6.1 . I installed over autonooter , clearing cache,clear dalvik, format system, format data . Install Phiremod zip from CWR card.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Unfortunately, my problem with the WiFi under 6.1 returned last night. Everything was great for 2-3 days after installing 6.1. Yesterday, while downloading an update for one of my apps from the market, the download paused for a long time, followed by an FC message for Super User. Since then, WiFi is on and off, YouTube stops with an error, and I can't connect to work WiFi (I had no problems before).

I'll flash 6.1 one more time, then will revert back to 6.0 if it keeps repeating this :(

gudism

Apr 22, 2011
Unfortunately, my problem with the WiFi under 6.1 returned last night. Everything was great for 2-3 days after installing 6.1. Yesterday, while downloading an update for one of my apps from the market, the download paused for a long time, followed by an FC message for Super User. Since then, WiFi is on and off, YouTube stops with an error, and I can't connect to work WiFi (I had no problems before).

I'll flash 6.1 one more time, then will revert back to 6.0 if it keeps repeating this :(

this is why I have stayed on 6.0 for the past few days after intially flashing 6.1 & having wi-fi probs.
I think I’ll be waiting till the problem is resolved, I am enjoying using my nook hassle free (though even with pdate the ALSA update youtube through the browser is still choppy)

Status
Not open for further replies.