[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
If you are going to the CM7 nightly build, or the phiremod for that matter, you are replacing the 1.x B&N version of the OS internally, so it does not matter what version you are on.

and eMMc ROM will be overwriting what B&N installed on the device...

So NattyBee, you were correct. :)

Very cool :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Referring to this answer from Faceman:
"Also, does it matter which official version will I have loaded on nook (1.01 or 1.1)?Or if I register to B&N before flashing? Nope, because installing these ROM will overwrite the 1.0.1/1.1.0"

I wanted to ask if some users face problems with 1.1 update, cause I have read about same case with CWR and 1.1 at this post. Or it doesnt have anything to do with this mod??

The issue is with autonooter 3 and 1.1, with CWR. You wouldn't have those issues because you are not using AN3 to root then using CWR. Instead you are going CWR straight off the bootable card and as the others have said, flashing over everything anyway, including any 1.1 files.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Thank U all for your answers. :) :)
I will try this rom in a few hours, after I will get my nook at my hands!

EDIT : Got it and charging! :) :)
One question for ADW launcher.Do you consider this as the best launcher to use with this rom?I would like to have also Live Wallpapers.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
2 cents: I don't know that there is a "best" launcher for a rom. It is pretty much preference. Darmeen just started a new thread to discuss the issue you may want to check out and contribute to http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...nchers-likes-dislikes-everything-between.html.

My preference is to use Zeam. I just like the layout for a tablet device where others seem geared more to phones. Maybe I just got more use to it on the nook as I have been using it since the beginning. Honeycomb is really where it is at though for a tablet interface.

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I installed V3 and everything seems to work fine.
some issues till now:
-when I connect nook to pc (win7 32bit) I get 2 removables disks in My computer, but I cant access the memory to add files like photos.Also the total storage is like 0,92gb.Shouldnt I have total 8g??And why I cant access main storage?
-youtube doesnt run any videos.I dont have crashes, I just get errors when I try to play some

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I installed V3 and everything seems to work fine.
some issues till now:
-when I connect nook to pc (win7 32bit) I get 2 removables disks in My computer, but I cant access the memory to add files like photos.Also the total storage is like 0,92gb.Shouldnt I have total 8g??And why I cant access main storage?
-youtube doesnt run any videos.I dont have crashes, I just get errors when I try to play some

Yea we were talking about the internal memory thing over at xda today. We haven't figured it out yet. I believe there is more internal memory available, the system just isn't seeing it. Hopefully the developer will fix it in next release. It has been a problem since phiremod beta 2. I have been storing everything on my sdcard for now

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Problems so far:
-Youtube dont crash, but dont play any videos
-Sygic Aura installed with maps, but crashes after logo
-Aero Smb crashes
-QQplayer plays HD trailer of 130mb with lag.Rock Player doesnt play this mov file
-Installed some live wallpapers but none is working

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yea we were talking about the internal memory thing over at xda today. We haven't figured it out yet. I believe there is more internal memory available, the system just isn't seeing it. Hopefully the developer will fix it in next release. It has been a problem since phiremod beta 2. I have been storing everything on my sdcard for now
Just wondering if there is a a link to thread on xda where this is being discussed as I would like to follow along. This issue has been driving me a little bonkers (8gb internal and I can only use 1:mad:)!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks Steve! I have been back and forth to that one for a few days and will track down the relevant posts. I thought maybe there was a separate thread.
Anyone else having battery issues on the new nightly. I am guessing it has something to do with SetCPU. I am no longer using profiles until I hear that the issue has been resolved, but it still seems as though that is what is pulling the most juice. Other than that and the wifi setting FC, which isn't a bother as I am on my home network most of the time. All my apps show up in the market! Yeah!

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
And I just got my first serious (as it looks) problem.
After my first charge (left it for 3,5 hours) after complete discharge, my NC is stuck at "touching the future in reading" phrase.
This happened since when it was charging, I tried to boot it up.I got this screen and no matter if its on charging or not and how many times I turn on/off, nothing changes.
Any ideas?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Does holding power button and "N" do anything?
Nope, but I fixed it with another card with CW.I rebooted after getting inside the CW menu and then everything was ok.
Just to know that for next time... Is there a problem if we press power button during charge??

Status
Not open for further replies.