[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
CWR has been updated to v3.0.0.9, so the wrinkles are worked out. Wait for Rico to update his thread about using CWR and follow his instructions.

Backups are possible with any version of CWR, and if you are running a cm7 based rom then you are already using the cwr version needed. If you used a bootable CWR you can still make a backup, it's just stored directly on the SD card - make sure you have enough free space to store the backup.

Battery is NOT great with the CM7 builds yet because the device never actually sleeps - even when the screen is turned off. This is intentional and is the current workaround for the sleep screen of death that they have been working on, and will eventually be solved.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Since yesterday it happens to have some strange behavior in my nook.
It starts with dead touch (I press some keys and they dont work) and then it continues with random presses on touch and opening of programms. Its like its possessed!! It opens its own programs and selections and when I press reboot it doesnt let me to select this option.Only solution at this point is to press the power button until it shutdowns...
Any other who have this strange behavior?

JMag

Feb 23, 2011
Since yesterday it happens to have some strange behavior in my nook.
It starts with dead touch (I press some keys and they dont work) and then it continues with random presses on touch and opening of programms. Its like its possessed!! It opens its own programs and selections and when I press reboot it doesnt let me to select this option.Only solution at this point is to press the power button until it shutdowns...
Any other who have this strange behavior?

If it makes you feel better, I was having a similar problem with my v3 a few days ago, but it seemed to have resolved itself (also I think it got better with dalingrin's kernel, I'm running 1.1 ghz). Other than that, and the terrible battery life, everything has been working fine so far.

JMag

Feb 23, 2011
Also, does anyone know what the progress is on a working youtube? On my v3 the app and browser client do not work, which I hear is par for the course unfortunately. I didn't hear about this being fixed in v4 or I would have upgraded within the hour. But yeah... progress? Kind of pointless having flash in a browser when 90% of videos are run through youtube.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
fyi this has been updated to 4.1 [ROM][Mar. 7 2011] >>>>> phiremod nook V4.1 <<<<< OC Kernel | CM7 v8 Base - xda-developers

Changelog:

V4.1 // Minor Update // Still 2-27 Nightly Base
- Some new icons
- New bootanimation
- Xoom system sounds
- Xoom system fonts
- Modified ADW Launcher
- Other minor UI tweaks
- Removed Honeycomb.apk
- Added Galaxy Tab wallpapers (SD Card > phiremod-walls)
- Changed default LCD Density to 161 to hopefully help with Market &#8220;My Apps&#8221; issues
- Added Live Wallpapers
- Added a new Clock LWP (awesome)
- Added HardKeysEditor apk (thanks to EpicFail236)

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
If it makes you feel better, I was having a similar problem with my v3 a few days ago, but it seemed to have resolved itself (also I think it got better with dalingrin's kernel, I'm running 1.1 ghz). Other than that, and the terrible battery life, everything has been working fine so far.
It stopped doing it also...Cant find a way to trigger this false behavior.
Anyway, I dont have other complaints except some compatibility matters with not so important apps.
I am thinking if I should upgrade to Phiremod 4.1 cause I really like Live Wallpapers.But for sure, I dont want to see any working apps, stop responding later.

What do you think?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP:

[ROM][Mar. 7 2011] >>>>> phiremod nook V4.1 <<<<< OC Kernel | CM7 v8 Base

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Upgraded last night to 4.1.
I really enjoy new icons and that Live Wallpapers are working. ;)

I still dont have Youtube in Mozilla or standard browser.
Why does it play only on Dolphin?I wouldnt like to install it only for this.

Hmm..Nope.Not even with Dolphin it doesnt play Utube.Strange..

Last edited:

filet

Mar 4, 2011
Not sure y it would only play on dolphin browser, the only thing i did was uninstalled the flash 10.1 and installed the leaked 10.2 adobe flash.

dolphin browser in setting: user agent is set as "desktop"

if that didnt' work for you try this:

download from market (free) = power downloader for youtube"

click on the youtube downloader app -> select a video to download-> click download list ->click one of the video files -> click open with rock player, or even try vplayer.

hope that works for others.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Since I installed 4.1, music buttons on the side dont increase/decrease volume, but they bring Home Page up.
How can I restore previous function?

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
He has a new one based on a later nightly. Question from xda?

"In the gz file, the tarball is labelled as v4.1. The date of it is 14 March, so is the dl the wrong file or is it labelled wrong? Also, with the date of the 14th March is it based on Cyanogen nightly 19 rather than 21?"

Getting ready to install it myself. Do we need to change the title? His title over at xda says V5 and CM7 Nightly Base. Audio play fine from music although range was still less than 13".

Got installed.

Bluetooth works. Had to reboot to turn on bluetooth. Regular reboot. Bluetooth connected to my sony DR-BT21G.

Had to intall Market Enabler and fake T-Mobile to find Dolphin mini.

It mounts media drive and external sd card on both mac and windows.

Had to reload flash on reboot like OP of xda said. Pain. SD card cm7 version does not have this reload problem, but it is much harder to setup and based on an old nightly.

Youtube app video "want to retry" - does not seem to work.

Google Voice had to uninstall with TB then sideloaded Google Voice(0.3.2).apk using File Manager. Now texting works.

TV Shows Stream (Lite) works well.

More Later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.