[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
V5 - Nightly 21 is out

New base 3/16 (2.3.3; Bluetooth; no more &#8220;no service&#8221;, etc)
Dalingrin's latest kernel (3/16)
More theme tweaks
New clock images (from honeybread v5)
Transparent blue themed Market (thanks pendo)
Added Honecycomb Clock Free (add in Widgets)
Added System animations
Latest GAPPS (with HC icons *Gallery and Email icons didn't make it in, sorry)
Updated gTabSimiClock
Updated Button Savior
Removed Key Mapping App for now

No comment if Utube is working now.I guess Bluetooth is working now?
Also, still problems with Audio+Video at Flash.
Hmm.Not so sure if I will upgrade to this..

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I just installed V5 and so far so good.. One issue I've got, and had with v4.1, is that my Superuser app always FCs.. Anything that would ask Superuser for root access also FCs. Any idea what's wrong and how to fix it?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Yay! I get to answer my own question and maybe even help someone else having the same problem. Anything that would have to be granted superuser access was giving me a force close and simply wouldn't work. I did the following steps and it seems to be working properly now.

1 - Went to Market and updated Superuser - Still wouldn't work, but it lasted longer before the FC showed up.
2 - Went to ROM manger and hit "fix permissions" - Again, still wouldn't work, but it lasted even longer and the FC message changed. Still crashed, but in a new way.
3 - Went back to Market, removed the update to Superuser - I wanted to uninstall it completely, but it didn't give me the option.
4 - Went back to Superuser and........ no error, and SetCPU will now load just fine.

So, I don't know how or why, but it's working. Hope someone else can shed some light as to what was wrong.

Loving v5 so far!

I didn't wipe anything and all my apps/settings came through the update just fine. I think I now have my daily driver.. Well, at least until 5.1 comes out :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
One other thing I've noticed is that bluetooth is not working. I pull down the notifications area and turn on the bluetooth widget, but it fails and turns itself back off. I have no use for bluetooth personally, but I figure a lot of people are going to be very excited over this option. Any thoughts on why it isn't working?

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
One other thing I've noticed is that bluetooth is not working. I pull down the notifications area and turn on the bluetooth widget, but it fails and turns itself back off. I have no use for bluetooth personally, but I figure a lot of people are going to be very excited over this option. Any thoughts on why it isn't working?

Had to reboot then bluetooth worked fine. My notification widget shows it on. I sync my sony headset. Distance is only 13" or less, so not useful. I will have to try my friend's apple silver keyboard. It worked fine on the sd card version of cm7. The white bluetooth apple keyboard would never pair.

I usually turn it off since it drains the battery.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I've rebooted multiple times for various reasons, and bluetooth has never turned on properly. It tries, then just goes back to off. Again, not an issue for me because I don't even own a bluetooth device other than my phone, but I figure others are going to want to get this working.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
I've rebooted multiple times for various reasons, and bluetooth has never turned on properly. It tries, then just goes back to off. Again, not an issue for me because I don't even own a bluetooth device other than my phone, but I figure others are going to want to get this working.

I think I read somewhere that a hard power off will work. The same thing you would do if it locked up. Hold down the power buttons until it shuts down directly not textbox message. Then restart it from the power button.

Over at xda "Reminder, if you are unable to enable Bluetooth:

ROM Manager > Fix Permissions > Reboot

(not even sure reboot is needed)"

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Well, after spending a day with v5, I went back to UD 3.1.2.. The battery drain of v5 was obnoxious. While I'm at work, I keep my NC on the stand beside my monitor, which lets me keep it plugged up all day. So when I left work, I was at 100% (yay) I get off work at 4:00. By 6:30, my battery was at 50%!!!! (oh emm gee!) I had used Setcpu to set up the profiles, but there must be a conflict between what the ROM is trying to do and what Setcpu is trying to do because it was staying pegged at 1.1, despite the profile state dictating that it be throttled back to 600mhz once the battery hits 60%.. I compared my NC to my wife's NC and I was running about 15 degrees C hotter than she was (1.1ghz vs 925hz).. For anyone using the 1.1ghz setting, please get a CPU/temp widget so you can watch what your NC is actually doing. You might just save your device.

The real nail in v5's coffin for me was when I looked at my wife's battery life. She hadn't charged since Tuesday night and as of lastnight she was still at 70%.. And yes, she had been using it. After putting UD 3.1.2 back on, I'm seeing similar results.

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
Well, after spending a day with v5, I went back to UD 3.1.2.. The battery drain of v5 was obnoxious. While I'm at work, I keep my NC on the stand beside my monitor, which lets me keep it plugged up all day. So when I left work, I was at 100% (yay) I get off work at 4:00. By 6:30, my battery was at 50%!!!! (oh emm gee!) I had used Setcpu to set up the profiles, but there must be a conflict between what the ROM is trying to do and what Setcpu is trying to do because it was staying pegged at 1.1, despite the profile state dictating that it be throttled back to 600mhz once the battery hits 60%.. I compared my NC to my wife's NC and I was running about 15 degrees C hotter than she was (1.1ghz vs 925hz).. For anyone using the 1.1ghz setting, please get a CPU/temp widget so you can watch what your NC is actually doing. You might just save your device.

The real nail in v5's coffin for me was when I looked at my wife's battery life. She hadn't charged since Tuesday night and as of lastnight she was still at 70%.. And yes, she had been using it. After putting UD 3.1.2 back on, I'm seeing similar results.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but since this rom is based off CM7, haven't we been warned to NOT use SetCPU profiles?

Just a thought...and again, I may be wrong here...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Correct me if i'm wrong, but since this rom is based off CM7, haven't we been warned to NOT use SetCPU profiles?

Just a thought...and again, I may be wrong here...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've never seen any warnings, but then I haven't really looked. I assumed that since Rico is the Setcpu guru, and since Phiremod is his ROM of choice, Setcpu was safe to use with this ROM.. Oh Rico? Got some thoughts on this?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Rico is using v2Beta...which is a TOTALLY different ROM than V5. They are based on different versions of Android and I think that is the difference. V2Beta is based on Froyo and v5 is based on CM7's version of Gingerbread.

Actually, I think Rico reverted back to B&N 1.1 right now (at least that is what I think I saw on his latest screenshot he posted).

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Hmm.. I figured since he posted about v5, he was running it.. But now I see that it was Avi that edited Rico's post. Maybe I need to give Phiremod another chance. Can someone give me a link to a good, stable, Froyo based ROM?

Also, do I install the ROM and the kernel separately? If they install separately, which installs first?

Status
Not open for further replies.