[Rom] Beasty's 2.2.1 ROM (Adam) + Clemsyn ver 11 1.5ghz kernel (only 1.2 bootloader)

Discussion in 'Viewsonic gTablet Technical' started by mydave, May 19, 2011.

1. mydave

mydave Senior Member

Ref: Beasty's 2.2.1 ROM (Adam) + Clemsyn ver 11 1.5ghz kernel (only 1.2 bootloader) - xda-developers
    Download Link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Check out this new Rom.
    It is fully functional and fast. YouTube HQ video, CNN video, Fox video all worked well. Many useful apps are included, except a working file manager.
    Highly recommended for a daily driver.

Was at HC/BOS3.2 which is 1.2 base bootloader. So, I just wiped data and cache, then applied the Beastv2.2.1 ClemsyncomboGtab.zip.

Main Screen

[​IMG]

Included Apps

[​IMG]

Included keyboard

[​IMG]

Dave

Edit 5/25/2011 . . . added additional info from the developers:
    Edit 6/16/2011
    Beasty 2.2.1+Clemsyn kernel combo 1.5 ver3
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H2XD0DY7
    WARNING: This contains an OVERCLOCKED kernel.
    CPU = 1500mhz (default = 1000mhz)
    System/Avp/vde BUS= 266400 (default = 240000)
    GPU = 400mhz (default = 300)

Note: Use cpumaster to overclock since default upon boot is 1ghz. Cpumaster will allow setting at 1.5 and using Pimpmygtab (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1018411) for undervoltage setting.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. mydave

mydave Senior Member

No one tried yet ? LOL.

Notice the standard SETTING and the NOTION ADAM SETTING ? The latter one compliments and adds more functionality to make this rom better than anything I have tried.
    If your tablet is already at 1.2 base, switching to this rom is just a breeze.
    If your tablet is at 1.1 base, you must find a comfortable way to upgrade to 1.2 base, or use a CWM that is compatible with 1.2.
    If you are unsure, ask first.

Where are all the bright, young and adventurous owners?

Dave

3. mydave

mydave Senior Member

Here is a bonus reading which may explain the relationship between gtablet and its other siblings. This relationship really benefits the gtablet users thanks to the commonality between devices, firmware and applications.
    I am not sure if the reading is correct, in whole or in part. However the author is well regarded and the article explained things logically.

Ref: xda-developers - View Single Post - [q] what is 1.1 and 1.2 stock? what is the bootloader?

I've been using this rom for a week now, off and on of course. It is really a pleasure one to look at.
    One final warning for new users that this rom is based on 1.2 bootloader. The understanding between 1.1 and 1.2 bootloaders, and how to switch between the two is essential prior to use this sexy rom.

Dave,

4. Triune

Triune Member

I've been using this for about a week or so - was on Roe's alpha HC for a while but for how I use the gtab it was more of a burden working on and installing workarounds. Used his BC for a while then thought I'd try this based on your recommendation. It is sweet and fast, and a good place to stand while the HC build out continues.

5. mydave

mydave Senior Member

6. cdkelly5

cdkelly5 Member

Tablet / Device:
    EVO

OK I read the fine print and can sew the dim light at the end of the tunnel. Questions are A. what boot loader is CM7 based on, like most of the "older versions" assuming it is 1.1. B. What is the best way to move from a 1.1 based room to 1.2 based rom. Is there a way to move back and fourth between the two boot loader versions with out great risk of bricking my tab. OK that was three questions.

Dan

7. mydave

mydave Senior Member

A good way to move from 1.1 to 1.2 base perhaps would be to NVFLASH with bekit's original NVFLASH files [STICKY][ROM] nvflash FULL restore, using bekit's original image (Instructions) - xda-developers, then perform the standard OTA or pushed upgrade to 3588. From here, flash HC/BOS 3.3 using standard recovery which has a built-in cwm which is compatible with 1.2 base. Then wipe data and cache, and apply the Beastv2.2.1 ClemsyncomboGtab.zip Beasty's 2.2.1 ROM (Adam) + Clemsyn ver 11 1.5ghz kernel (only 1.2 bootloader) - xda-developers.

I've seen some post insisted to go from 3588 to 4349 before flashing HC/BOS. Your call.

If you do a nanoid backup before flashing each new rom, you should be able to switch back and forth between rom's within a few minutes

Does that make sense ?

Dave

8. Triune

Triune Member

I went with the nvflash put together by roebeet straight to the 4349 build, then on to brilliant corners, to the alpha builds, and now back to this one. there is a fair amount of chatter about being able to do such switching back and forth on some pages, in the 90s, on the honeycomb thread over at slatedroid - sort of a dual boot type of situation.

9. jeffc83

jeffc83 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Currently: Coby Kyros 7015,Viewsonic Gtablet
    I have backed up all of my 1.1 roms and flashing clemsyns 1.2 bootloader kernel on top of that after restoring from cwm when coming back from honeycomb. I've been switching between 3 roms for weeks now... the restore/switch only takes about 5 minutes but I'm starting to get concerned as to how much we can flash our tablets before the hard drive starts to go. I must a flashed about 50-60 times total. (Please dont ask why as I am a serial flasher) Will be trying this build some time tomorrow...can't wait, sounds better than Vegan 5.1 to me.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  10. mydave

mydave Senior Member

Updated 6/16/2011

Beasty 2.2.1+Clemsyn kernel combo 1.5 ver3
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    WARNING: This contains an OVERCLOCKED kernel.
    CPU = 1500mhz (default = 1000mhz)
    System/Avp/vde BUS= 266400 (default = 240000)
    GPU = 400mhz (default = 300)

Note: Use cpumaster to overclock since default upon boot is 1ghz. Cpumaster will allow setting at 1.5 and using Pimpmygtab ([APP] 18 may 2011 : Pimp My Cpu 2.7 (OC/UV kernel control tool) - xda-developers) for undervoltage setting.