[ROM][BETA] Light ELF III

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Hi tragidy! Thanks for your hard work. Are you currently working on "Novo 10 Hero" support by any chance or maybe in the future? If so I'd like to help $

Hi there I know that I can indeed for a fact develop on that tablet and even make roms for it, however I do not own one to be able to start developing and testing the results and so on, I could for example provide a hero owner such as yourself roms to test but then if it boot looped you would be unable to recover in some cases without some deeper knowledge in development, but if the community wants to build a fund and pack up a hero my way used/new/unwanted etc then by all means I would make stable roms for the platform.

sgrady1971

Nov 20, 2012
Tragidy

I appreciate your hard work. I am registered at slatedriod and have the Dark Elf 1.0. It looks like Soulflier is no longer developing on the Elf II and I have no interest in the Cm10,CM9 etc. Luckily I came across your Light Elf today and read all the posts on the ICS and this Jelly bean version. I am excited for this version but I have questions and I am sorry if I am such a noob. I want to upgrade to your Roms but I am nervous about losing all my applications etc that I paid for and downloaded. So before I install your roms do I have to do a full wipe and does that make me lose everything on my tablet. Or if I can and do save to sd card that would prevent losing the apps on there. I have alot downloaded and installed from google play and many important ones I dont want to lose or go through the whole process of reinstalling. I did see that I would have to install the seperate patch for google apps. I know there is always risk involved but I just wanted to get a clue as to what I do. Your roms are stable and look awesome.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Tragidy

I appreciate your hard work. I am registered at slatedriod and have the Dark Elf 1.0. It looks like Soulflier is no longer developing on the Elf II and I have no interest in the Cm10,CM9 etc. Luckily I came across your Light Elf today and read all the posts on the ICS and this Jelly bean version. I am excited for this version but I have questions and I am sorry if I am such a noob. I want to upgrade to your Roms but I am nervous about losing all my applications etc that I paid for and downloaded. So before I install your roms do I have to do a full wipe and does that make me lose everything on my tablet. Or if I can and do save to sd card that would prevent losing the apps on there. I have alot downloaded and installed from google play and many important ones I dont want to lose or go through the whole process of reinstalling. I did see that I would have to install the seperate patch for google apps. I know there is always risk involved but I just wanted to get a clue as to what I do. Your roms are stable and look awesome.

No idea about coming from another rom, should be easy but then again this rom is not released as of this post.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
As someone who has been using custom ROMs for sometime now, I would suggest getting Titanium Backup, backup all your apps and then transfer the backup to your computer. Then you can try flashing Light Elf without wiping data, if it doesn't work and you do need to wipe data, you put the backup back on your tablet and use Titanium Backup to then re-install all your apps and app data. You don't want to do system apps or data though, so you would have to re-enter any system settings. If you use a custom launcher like Nova, you can also create a backup of your settings for that.

Last edited:

f_lag23

Nov 8, 2012
Hi there I know that I can indeed for a fact develop on that tablet and even make roms for it, however I do not own one to be able to start developing and testing the results and so on, I could for example provide a hero owner such as yourself roms to test but then if it boot looped you would be unable to recover in some cases without some deeper knowledge in development, but if the community wants to build a fund and pack up a hero my way used/new/unwanted etc then by all means I would make stable roms for the platform.

It sounds good. Let me propose the idea in some forums and I'll get back to you depending on what their reaction is. Do you have a paypal account or something like that for donations?
Cheers!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Greetings all and Happy Tanksgiving to those in the USA, real life has me pushing this project back for now, I will do my best to release 4.2 ASAP for the world for now the final beta is uploading for the public test.

Nov 25, 2012
hi some question :

1.is the gpu clock still 333mhz or 400mhz? can you make a patch for it,so it will be optional?

2.do you built the kernel from scratch?

3.does this include newest mali gpu driver for jelly bean?

4.is this based on aokp?

5.does cpu setting still based on old light elf 2? can you make it to run at 1.320 again or maybe 1.5ghz?

6.can you undervolt it? (kernel)

7.can you make in game gpu setting like the one on cm9? surface dithering or something like that

Last edited:

pukidukie

Nov 20, 2012
Hey, can you say something about the version for the crystal? I would like to donate and test the nightlies.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Light ELF 3.0.1 Android ROM
FINAL BETA

Main Highlights and Features
Google Android JellyBean 4.2.1
100% Modular ROM Interface
Auto Update and Notice **BETA ONLY**
ROOTED via SuperUser SuperSU xBIN
Screen Responsiveness Increased
Stability and Davlik cache tweaked
OTG is supported for various devices