[ROM][BETA] Light ELF III

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Couldn't start wifi with the compatibility patch, similar problem to all but the "legacy" comp zip with cm10. I have an early batch 1 crystal and there is apparently something different about it but Christian doesn't seem to care enough to figure it out. I'm also guessing it would be very difficult to troubleshoot without owning the hardware to test it out on. Thanks for releasing the compatibility patch for all the other Crystal users out there though, I'm sure they will really appreciate it!

Last edited:

fasteddy86

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for releasing the compatibility patch for all the other Crystal users out there though, I'm sure they will really appreciate it!

Compatibility patch didn't work for 1108 (2nd batch) tablet either - no sensors or camera. Tried including the compatibility patch from Christian's rom, and while it ran, it caused more problems than it was worth. The good news for me is that his rom + patch actually works exceedingly well (and I'm not getting the issue with the 2nd cpu that others have complained about).

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Both cores are active... the default power setting is for 1 cpu conservative and activate 2 when needed, use cpu tuner and try again... my rom benched at 11335 in the one posted here on a first gen elf 2.

As for Christian troy he just compiles the source for cyanogen mod and releases it with the cross kernel compile.... oh well...

How its done..

Troy downloads from CyanogenMod Downloads ... Troy then compiles, uploads and acts as though work has been done.

gcc -O troy.c

greetz to those who understand.

hellfirez1

Nov 30, 2012
compatibility zip make tablet work smoother, but wifi still don't work :D But THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS COMPATIBILItY ;)

It is funny, when u install comp zip from cm 10- wifi works great, but there seems to be mass memory problems :D

RaptorZX3

Dec 3, 2012
i did the update on my Elf II, but now Google Play think it's a Motorola Xoom which is VERY incompatible with many games there...how can i change this to make it look like a Samsung Galaxy S3?

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
You have to edit the build prop to change the device ID. If you google it or look search the XDA developers forum you should be able to find an easy tutorial/guide.

Last edited:

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Is your work based on one of the stock firmware releases and if so which one? Or are you developing with something else as a base?

pukidukie

Nov 20, 2012
It's based on AOSP. What can we crystal user do, to get a good compatibility? Maybe we have to look for someone who does that. If thats allowed.

khannif

Dec 2, 2012
thanks, for the crystal compatibility.. but WiFi doesn't working, please fix it. i really appreciate it

Thanks.. for your beta release :)

CRYSTAL121008

Last edited:

Guitartek

Dec 11, 2012
Hey, I installed elf Light 3.0 rom just fine but the gapps 4.2 screws up my boot up and I have to reinstall the 3.0 rom to get out of reboot loop. I found another version of gapps 4.2 but it won't install either. I had Dark Elf on my Elf II but the Play Store and GMail force close on me. Otherwise 3.0 is an awesome rom.

Anybody have a tip on where to get a gapps that works with 3.0?

Cheers,
Phil