[ROM] Blue Water - Kyros MID 8027 - MPMAN 827 - Mediox MID8027

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
I already tried lots of things, even took out the internal sdcard and made it empty, restored it from a virtual harddrive and so on. The only thing happening when I press power + volume up is that the screen powers on, goes from white to brighter white, then goes black for a moment and then shows bright white again till eternity. So I guess it is completely dead.

(also tried doing various combinations like power + M button but that didnt help)

I have stock rom from COBY(m801_mtds.img), I can send you a link if you want.

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
I already tried lots of things, even took out the internal sdcard and made it empty, restored it from a virtual harddrive and so on. The only thing happening when I press power + volume up is that the screen powers on, goes from white to brighter white, then goes black for a moment and then shows bright white again till eternity. So I guess it is completely dead.

(also tried doing various combinations like power + M button but that didnt help)

Maybe it is time to get back to the roots :)
look at this thread again:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-mpman-827-replica-coby-kyros-mid-8027-a.html

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
This is the link file :Deposit Files
Its work for me, but to my tablet after I flash with this touchscreen don't work.
Maybe you find a solution for this.

Turns out I was going in the right direction, only I was using a 1gb sdcard which doesnt seem to work, apparently it has to be 4gb or bigger, so need to fix one now and try again. I hope it works.

This is the procedure I need to follow, except for shorting pins 7 & 8 because my tablet has the same, but it already stays on by itself.
1)VERY----VERY small screwdriver or metal probe.
2)The original Coby ROM. Once you get the thing working you can always throw another ROM on it.
3)MicroSD card, just big enough to dump the ROM.
4)A opened Coby .
The Fun Part.
1)I used a 8G microSD card that was partitioned with the file "u-boot-SD.bin.mid703v3.mm". I won't bore you with the details because if you are reading this article you have exhausted all other options.
Just put the original Coby ROM into the FAT32 partition. Put the microSD card into the Coby external slot. SIMPLE!! HARD PART COMING UP!!
2)Ok, if you don't know where your NAND is stop reading now and go find out. With the Coby open and the microSD card in the regular external slot you have to take that VERY small screwdriver and stick it between pins 7 & 8 of the NAND chip. You just have to short pins 7 & 8,how you do it is up to you. Simple. :)
3)With pins 7 & 8 shorted you now just do a regular plain-Jane recovery mode procedure. Simple.
I just shorted pins 7 & 8 on the NAND chip and did power button and home button at the same time.
The Coby screen turned bright white(all white) and I just let go of the power button and something "wonderful" happened. The Coby stayed on!! Yes, after 3 weeks of turning off whenever the power button was released it "stayed on". Yes, "something wonderful" happened.
I held the screwdriver against pins 7 & 8 until the Coby turned off by it self, which was about 4 minutes....give or take.
I flipped over the Coby, remember its still in 2 pieces, and pressed the power button, and .....and....
Saw "COBY". YEPPIE!

Thanks to Arlic for that post/info.

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
Hey Dechabre,

You have a Mpman 827?
You coud send me a ClockWorkMod backup of you tablet?

Yes, I have MPMan 827 but I don't have Clockwork recovery...
I think that there is no Clockwork for our device... (yet :) )

If you have MPMan 827 in working condition and with original firmware just follow Insane Wolf's instruction and you will have excellent ROM on your device.... :) there is no need for Clockwork....

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
Yes, I have MPMan 827 but I don't have Clockwork recovery...
I think that there is no Clockwork for our device... (yet :) )

If you have MPMan 827 in working condition and with original firmware just follow Insane Wolf's instruction and you will have excellent ROM on your device.... :) there is no need for Clockwork....

I have instaled ClockWorkMod
This is the link[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127 - xda-developers
Its very easy to install
My tablet is working with usb mouse, but touchscreen don't working

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
My tablet don't enter to updade mode to apply blue water.
If I press POWER + VOL+ appears FWDN mode and if I press POWER + VOL- appear Fastboot mode.
I can't start blue water.

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
If I press POWER + VOL+ appears FWDN mode and if I press POWER + VOL- appear Fastboot mode.

blackgecko

Mar 22, 2012
Is it possible to post an "update.zip" from your rom for clockworkmod?
I have an Mpman 827 and there it is not possible to get into the update menu you described!

Thx!