[ROM] Blue Water - Kyros MID 8027 - MPMAN 827 - Mediox MID8027

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Yes, this is not a problem.
But I try before to install clockworkmod and same problem.
I have stock img file and I can flash my tablet any time.
Only problem is can't enter "MID UPDATE" mode.
I have also a MID8024 and this is working( home button and power)
But MP827 is have touch home button and not working.

Note: MP827 update mode is NOT with power + home but WITH power + volume up. If this really does not work, can you provide me
with the MP827's img file, then maybe I can cook something up.

Also beware, this rom is not for the 8024 device. Also try to remove clockwork from the 827 and then follow the procedure I gave on page one, if that does not work I will need the 827's stock img file you use.

redbird

Apr 1, 2012
I have coby kyros mid8127. With or without clockworkmod recovery power+ volume up does not work. It puts tablet into fwdn mode.

I don't have a stock image of it. May be mixone can share it with you.

Please provide some other way to flash your ROM @InsaneWolf.

P.S. By the way I noticed in the title of this thread that this rom is for mid8027. What is this? according to coby kyros official website they only have 2 8" tablets: 8120 and 8127: Tablets & PC - Tablets | COBY

dadach

Apr 9, 2012
hello. do you think that this could work with MID7027 version, its virtually identical apart from the placement of the touch sensitive buttons, and one inch smaller screen?

also, is there another link to it, because the original one is not working for me

ok i tried it and the buttons/screen do not work. if i gave you the original rom, can someone tell me how to root it and install custom apps?

Last edited:

redbird

Apr 1, 2012
looks like this thread is dead.

I'm gonna return my piece of junk tablet and buy something more expensive and better made.

Mine is less than 30 days old, hdmi port is defective, you move the cable and lose picture on tv: frustrating. Then when the tablet is charging the screen goes on and off all the time, then sometimes it makes clicking noise.

Comparing to my samsung galaxy s phone (the first one) this tablet doesn't even come close.

Dissapointed

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Thread is certainly not dead! I had a break-up with my girlfriend and whel, I went to enjoy being single for a while, but school is coming up again so then I will have time again to do other stuff then follow boring lectures ;) a.k.a try to fix this rom in a .img format for those who have fwdn.

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Hi can you do something for my mid7027 tablet? I have the original rom.

Is it in the same structure as my rom? Or does it come as a .img? The tricky thing with the .img files is that they are actually
all the files as my rom is, but packed in a .img file, kind of like a .rar or .zip file, but only these .img files are not that easely to
"unrar". If you have it in a structure as my rom then I can cook something up for you for sure ;)

dadach

Apr 9, 2012
Is it in the same structure as my rom? Or does it come as a .img? The tricky thing with the .img files is that they are actually
all the files as my rom is, but packed in a .img file, kind of like a .rar or .zip file, but only these .img files are not that easely to
"unrar". If you have it in a structure as my rom then I can cook something up for you for sure ;)

Same exact structure. I will send you the link later.

here it is

http://s3.acme.lt/downloads/drivers/tablet/NEW_gen_TB01_FW.zip

let me know if you can mod it ;)

Last edited:

laureano

Apr 26, 2012
Hi there,

I am almost goiing to install the ROM. But so far I just applied the tweaks to the build.prop and so far so good. Did you use the stock kernel form the MPMAN 827?

If not, could you please provide me with the instructions to -cross- compile the kernel? My problem is that I need VPN (cisco), and I need the infamous tun.ko and iptables, and can not find a proper guide. Could you please provide a link with one, if you know?

Thanks for the work.

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
I do not have the kernel source, I'm affraid you will have to hexedit that in if you want it. But I beleave there is a setting (set to 0) in one of the conf file for vpn,
you might try to put it to 1. Afterwards install this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aed.tun.installer&hl=nl and see if VPN work's, if it does you can copy the
tun.ko from your device and include it in the rom, and maybe share it with me so I can include it to (my 8027 is broken and got me a new tablet from a different brand, can't test
anything anymore but I try to keep support up for you guys).

laureano

Apr 26, 2012
Hi there thanks for the reply

I installed it, but it can not find a proper tnu.ko. Do you have any other idea, suggestion? I am willingful to compile the module (it can turn to be fun), I will search a guide to do so over the weekend.

Best

Laureano

kpac

May 9, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for thinking of this tablet users.
I finally dared to install a new ROM but to my surprise, according to the letter all, I get stuck on a message in blue after the restart and continued on VOL_UP and POWER.
I have to connect to a PC via USB ... but nothing happens ...
Help, help me.
In your heart good gentlemen, ladies ...

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
Hello,
Thank you for thinking of this tablet users.
I finally dared to install a new ROM but to my surprise, according to the letter all, I get stuck on a message in blue after the restart and continued on VOL_UP and POWER.
I have to connect to a PC via USB ... but nothing happens ...
Help, help me.
In your heart good gentlemen, ladies ...

Maybe you should repeat whole installation process one more time?!?!?!

jirohn

May 11, 2012
Hi, I have a coby tablet kyros to which I have installed blue water,and it turns out I did not recognize the touch screen. I contacted theservice from coby in Spain, and have given me the original firmwarefor my kyros, which if necessary would upload it to some server formodification.

model
Coby Kyros Mid 8027
8GB

thanks in advance

sorry ofr my bad english