[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
This is Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Lenovo A2109

• LineageOS development is finished!!!We are beyond feature parity with stock Jelly Bean and Lollipop.
  • UnlegacyAndroid 6.0.1 is also finished, and, IMHO, better than LineageOS.

lineage-13.0-20170528-UNOFFICIAL-a2109.zip
MD5: 5d099c4c783d480c43dc52f3b16a7ee6
UnlegacyAndroid builds

Features and bugs
Nice new features:
  • Adoptable storage for SD-Card
  • Kernel 3.4
  • Cast display to chromecast
  • Screen recording
  • Overall a much smoother experience due to newer blobs
Other features:
  • Sound (mic and speakers)
  • EGL
  • Video-playback
  • HDMI-out
  • Bluetooth
  • Bluesleep
  • Wifi
  • Wifi-direct (wifi-p2p)
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Video recording
  • USB-OTG
  • External sdcard
  • SeLinux
  • Hardware rotation lock button
Bugs:
  • Sometimes seems to have very low framerate for a while... (REGRESSION)
  • When connecting to usb while deep sleeping, it takes a long time for the device to wake up (REGRESSION)
  • You tell me!
Further development
Further development:
  • Backport google kernel security issues to kernel 3.4
  • Build newer twrp
These are general installation instructions for people coming from kitkat, who already have flashed a recovery image. I'm assuming that you're either using twrp or cwm-6.0.5.1. If you're using cwm, please ignore its offer to fix root after installation, on lollipop and marshmallow root works quite differently than on kitkat. I added some commands that work on Linux, I'm not familiar with Windows beyond XP:
  1. Put the ROM on your SD-Card
  2. (Optional) put opengapps nano on your SD-Card (all other packages are too large)
  3. Install fastboot and adb on PC
  4. Reboot to recovery
  5. (Optional) back-up current ROM
  6. Clean cache and dalvik cache
  7. Install new ROM
  8. Reboot
Note that first boot takes ages.

Sources are here:
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/android_device_lenovo_a2109
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/android_kernel_nvidia_tegra3
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/android_hardware_nvidia_tegra3
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/proprietary_vendor_lenovo
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/proprietary_vendor_broadcom
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/proprietary_vendor_nvidia
GitHub - Unlegacy-Android/proprietary_vendor_widevine
https://github.com/PJBrs/android_device_lenovo_kai/tree/cm-13.0
For LineageOS:
PJBrs/android_device_lenovo_kai · GitHub

Thanks to
  • Major thanks to Ziyann and Sheffzor for their amazing work bringing kernel 3.4 to tegra3
  • Thanks to alfsamsung for his work on another old, unsupported tegra3 device, the lge p880
  • Thanks to decatf for further inspirations.

Build instructions for UnlegacyAndroid
First install repo. Then create a root directory for your lineageos source (e.g. ~/src/unlegacyandroid). Go into that directory and do:

Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/Unlegacy-Android/android.git -b aosp-6.0
repo sync
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch ua_a2109-userdebug
The -b switch selects which branch you'll build.

GOOD LUCK, ENJOY! :)

Last edited:

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Thanks @PJBrs for this build.

I installed it with Gapps pico and I will do some testing. For now, it seams working OK. I didn't had any problem installing.

I will get back with comment for bugs or else.

First bug, The side button for sound volume will open the sound control but I am not able to lower or higher the sounds. If i touch the sliding bar I can control the sound.

EDIT:
I don't know how but now it is working...

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Ok, first impression...

The performances are very well. I used a few apps and they are all working. I get some freezing for 1 or 2 seconds but it dos not appends very often.

Today, after about 30 minutes of utilization it hang and I had to reboot the tablet.

The tablet goes to deep sleep correctly. I left the tablet open last night and the battery was at 45% and this afternoon when I took it the battery was at 39% so it is very good.

Anyway, it is a very good start for Marshmallow.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Ok, first impression...

The performances are very well. I used a few apps and they are all working. I get some freezing for 1 or 2 seconds but it dos not appends very often.

Today, after about 30 minutes of utilization it hang and I had to reboot the tablet.

The tablet goes to deep sleep correctly. I left the tablet open last night and the battery was at 45% and this afternoon when I took it the battery was at 39% so it is very good.

Anyway, it is a very good start for Marshmallow.
Hey Joebine, thanks for testing!

You said you had one reboot? Can you upload the contents of /proc/last_kmsg? That would be very helpful.

In the meantime, I'm focussing on the bluetooth audio thing. I have a hunch where to look...

Would be great to here more testers though.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
You said you had one reboot? Can you upload the contents of /proc/last_kmsg? That would be very helpful.

I don't have that file only kmsg...

For the reboot, I had to reboot the tablet because it was not responding at all, it did not reboot by itself.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I am still testing and found that automatic rotation is not working even it is activated in parameters.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I had used the tablet for about 4 hours tonight and overall it is working well.

I had a few hangs and I had to reboot the tablet 4 times. I got some freezing in some apps.

the tablet has some hard time playing animations in games and it is very long to connect to Facebook.

I also lost sound when i changed games or sounds continue to play while the game as freeze.

I will left the tablet on charge overnight to see if we have the memory problem that we had with lollipop.

I never thought that , one day, I will have Marshmallow on my A2109.... that's cool.

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
I'd like to test, but my A2109 seems to have a very big slow down issue. After being turned on with any ROM, even stock, it starts to slow down considerably.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
I am still testing and found that automatic rotation is not working even it is activated in parameters.

I had found that auto rotation is working OK but when you start an app that is portrait, when we close that app, the auto rotation will not work until we start an app that is landscape and then auto rotation start working again.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Another bug, the microphone is not working in Duolingo but is working with Google...

EDIT
I had found the problem with Duolingo.

Last edited: