[ROM] CM7 Stable Released

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
yes the first stable version of CM7 has been released - Stable versions are those where all known issues have been addressed and resolved. This version is for everyday use.

Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

you can what's included via change log here Changelog - CyanogenMod Wiki

somebody already said that the "sleep of death" has NOT been resolved even in the stable release.

thats pretty HUGE oversight IMO.

edit: divine madcat says there is no SOD issue, but i am not sure of what he meant. Is it a kernal issue??

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
not an oversight - work is ongoing to 'fix' it - just did not make it out in time and in the scheme of things not a major showstopper

really you lose 1% battery life over 1 hour so in my daily use (3-4 hours of continous use and stand by the test of the time) it lasts well over 12 hours - enough so i can plug it in at the end of the day - so not a show stopper for me (and for a lot of other people)

somebody already said that the "sleep of death" has NOT been resolved even in the stable release.

thats pretty HUGE oversight IMO.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Hey Avi maybe you can merge this thread with Anima's looks like you guys posted within about twenty minutes of one another:D http://www.androidtablets.net/forum.../12654-rom-cm7-stable-released.html#post74657

:cool:I think I may have been the first to download it last night:cool:

After word from FatTire about the screenshot fix the stable was up. So far it's real pretty. I had some rather serious wifi issues out of the gate but I think that was me being a little a little tired and a little sloppy in my haste to get it updated:rolleyes:

After a fresh flash all is buttery smooth CM7 lovin'.

Cheers

Dec 17, 2010
I'm having a problem with CM7. After a day or so, my USB notification goes away. The only way I found to fix it so far is to reinstall the ROM.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I'm having a problem with CM7. After a day or so, my USB notification goes away. The only way I found to fix it so far is to reinstall the ROM.

Have you updated to the stable release? If not I would or at least n38.

Also you know those usb cables are rather old school try Samba Fileshare or at the least Dropbox. I (and my NC) could not live without either one. I have not plugged a usb from NC to PC since I finished the root process a few months ago.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...card-over-wifi.html?highlight=samba+fileshare Here are some dead simple instructions for Samba FS and a nifty little trick to get a NC button on your taskbar.

Last edited:

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Anyone know where the setting is to allow landscape mode in this ROM ?
Try the CyanogenMod settings: settings>cyanogen>display. There is also a an auto-rotate in the standard settings under display.

Hope this helps.

And try not to double post.

Last edited:

steveb_123

Mar 21, 2011
Works in the settings, the screen flips but the home screen doesn't, s'all good.
Anyone tweeked the performance settings with results?